Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Need pics of modified BMW 745's

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-04, 12:29 PM
tytgs300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

China is probably easily the most economically sound country in Asia
I hear their GDP is at is an average at 10-15% and 24% with one source. These numbers are significant.
Old 09-14-04, 07:23 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by tytgs300
I hear their GDP is at is an average at 10-15% and 24% with one source. These numbers are significant.
Yes considering that the other First Worlds in Asia (Japan and Singapore) are JUST beginning to go back to positive numbers......yes, you can say what China has done economically in the past 5 years are VERY significant!
Old 09-14-04, 07:32 PM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
I am sorry to be OT, but are you being sarcastic? Which cave have you been living in the past 10 years or so? China is probably easily the most economically sound country in Asia (if not the world) right now. It's so sound that the government has to SLOW down its growth. Try find a government that has that kind of problem in the west. I am not pro Chinese or anything, but if you have the time to go to China lately, everyone there is so well-off that I feel like a poor man over there. Even the college kids are sporting Louis Vuitton book bags and Gucci laptop covers. The kind of money they spend on themselves are insane, especially when the rest of the world is gasping hard just to get by. Believe me, the income disparity gap in China is probably the highest in the world right now. The 20% or so people who live in the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai are filthy rich (I saw way too many Bentleys and Rolls Royces when I was there) while the rest 80% are poor peasants (just like the kinda things you will see on Discovery Channel and National Geographic). But imagine that, 20% of 1.3 billion people is still a tad more than the whole of United States. Can you imagine everyone in the US owning a Bentley? Hehehehe....
China is economically sound because of all the investment. However, you gotta look OUTSIDE Shang-Hai and Pu-Dong and Sen-Jen. Other than the major technologically/economically inclined cities, China is basically just a 3rd world country.

The disparity gap is so big it's gonna lead to problems very soon. The rich Chinese people now rushes to HongKong every weekend to buy Gucci and LV. They go into a flagship store, look at all the limited edition bags, then buy 2 in each color. Even if it's just the top 1% of the richest in China, that's still 13 million people.

Shanghai is definitely a great city, looking more advanced than most cities in the world today. But 10 miles outside Shanghai and I see public restrooms made out of brick walls and no door. And even in Shanghai people still spit everywhere. And they had to spray Beijing grass green to lie to the IOC people. That's pathetic.
Old 09-14-04, 08:05 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by GlobeCLK
China is economically sound because of all the investment. However, you gotta look OUTSIDE Shang-Hai and Pu-Dong and Sen-Jen. Other than the major technologically/economically inclined cities, China is basically just a 3rd world country.

The disparity gap is so big it's gonna lead to problems very soon. The rich Chinese people now rushes to HongKong every weekend to buy Gucci and LV. They go into a flagship store, look at all the limited edition bags, then buy 2 in each color. Even if it's just the top 1% of the richest in China, that's still 13 million people.

Shanghai is definitely a great city, looking more advanced than most cities in the world today. But 10 miles outside Shanghai and I see public restrooms made out of brick walls and no door. And even in Shanghai people still spit everywhere. And they had to spray Beijing grass green to lie to the IOC people. That's pathetic.
Thank you.

This was my point. Disparity of income is indicative of capitalism on account of everyone not having equally valued skills and abilities in the market place. We see this in China. The cities tend to be populated with wealthy people and the rest of the country is just a mess.

*GASP* How could this BE? What with the communist government ensuring that all patrons to the State have the same share in their prosperous "republic"? OH MY!

It's a capitalist nation with totalitarian government. Might as well just kick out the "omnipotent" child molester(s) and install a prime minister.

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 09-14-04 at 08:08 PM.
Old 09-14-04, 08:06 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

I am sorry to be OT, but are you being sarcastic?
I was/am indeed.

M.
Old 09-14-04, 08:42 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Guys, let's get back to the topic here... pic's of some modified BMW 745's.

You guys can continue your remarks in the debate forum. thanks

Moderator....
Old 09-14-04, 09:47 PM
SprtDesign
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by LXOGOOD

Moderator....
Hmmm yeah..
Old 09-14-04, 09:50 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LXOGOOD

Moderator....
Yeah, sorry about that.....

More indos stunna's:

sitting on 22x10 and 22x11:

Fabulous:

AC Schnitzer:

Racing Dynamics:

We only do it the only way Indos know how....22" hamann anniversary wheels (I think over $10k?? for the wheels):

Old 09-14-04, 10:01 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

I am sorry to be OT, but are you being sarcastic? Which cave have you been living in the past 10 years or so? China is probably easily the most economically sound country in Asia (if not the world) right now. It's so sound that the government has to SLOW down its growth. Try find a government that has that kind of problem in the west. I am not pro Chinese or anything, but if you have the time to go to China lately, everyone there is so well-off that I feel like a poor man over there. Even the college kids are sporting Louis Vuitton book bags and Gucci laptop covers. The kind of money they spend on themselves are insane, especially when the rest of the world is gasping hard just to get by. Believe me, the income disparity gap in China is probably the highest in the world right now. The 20% or so people who live in the big cities like Beijing and Shanghai are filthy rich (I saw way too many Bentleys and Rolls Royces when I was there) while the rest 80% are poor peasants (just like the kinda things you will see on Discovery Channel and National Geographic). But imagine that, 20% of 1.3 billion people is still a tad more than the whole of United States. Can you imagine everyone in the US owning a Bentley? Hehehehe....
Dude, u don't know what u're talking about
Old 09-15-04, 07:51 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lonely Toothbrush
Dude, u don't know what u're talking about
Dude, yes I do know what I am talking about. Never mind that I wrote my final economic thesis in Business School on China, never mind that I visit there 3-4x a year for a month at a time on business and seminars, never mind that I've been closely related to many many chinese factories and businesses for....like all my life, never mind that I am "somewhat Chinese" myself..... I did mention the huge income disparity, the many many poor people living outside the big cities, etc. I am just saying that right now, in Asia and the rest of the world, and from what I saw with my own eyes, the Chinese are the only people who are travelling first class, buying the most expensive fashion items and gobbling up the top-of-the-line things like there's no tomorrow. It used to be the Japanese 5 years ago, then it used to be the Caucasians before that. But I can safely say now that it's definitely the Chinese at the front of the pack.
Old 09-15-04, 09:50 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I did mention the huge income disparity, the many many poor people living outside the big cities, etc. I am just saying that right now, in Asia and the rest of the world, and from what I saw with my own eyes, the Chinese are the only people who are travelling first class, buying the most expensive fashion items and gobbling up the top-of-the-line things like there's no tomorrow.
I will have to back up what you said about your observations on China. I'm also Chinese and very aware of the recent economy "takeover" in China as well as in Hong Kong. The income disparity is very noticeable too when I visited Shanghai and Zhouzhong (50 km outside of Shanghai) back in February. I took a lot of pictures of my Shanghai trip, and they're all posted here.
Old 09-15-04, 01:01 PM
Onelove
Lead Lap

This one is pretty nice looking, on the other side he has a pair of black centered
rims. I would post a picture of that side however my server is down.
Old 09-16-04, 03:18 PM
mr who
Lead Lap

Last edited by mr who; 09-16-04 at 03:19 PM.
Old 09-16-04, 10:16 PM
tpham7
Pole Position

hm....LV and GUCCI? so what...they're probably made in china among other things, what value do they hold?
Old 09-17-04, 02:37 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

i've never like new 7 series and i think they look the best in the stock form even tho they are still not that great looking

Quick Reply: Need pics of modified BMW 745's