Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This thing will roll right over your H2!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-04, 08:52 PM
talgrl626
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think these r cool things to toy with.

BUT, need to drop them and get sum rims

Last edited by talgrl626; 09-13-04 at 08:53 PM.
Old 09-13-04, 10:35 PM
sweetsc400
Lead Lap

Originally posted by O. L. T.
........said the man with the high output M3 and the v-8 lexus.

. . .that still get almost twice the mpgs
Old 09-13-04, 10:50 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

SUV drivers leave this country dependant on unfriendly nations, then the owners whine about healthcare, etc...even though they're responsible for slowing economic growth and tax income.

Seriously I'm sick of reading fortune/forbes/money articled on high gas prices and the economy
Old 09-14-04, 05:55 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally posted by Technics
Personal use? Come on. I hope soccer moms/dads don't get a hold of this.

A commerical license should be mandatory for this thing.
Old 09-14-04, 06:58 AM
Milla...

Come on guys theres bigger issues and greater fish to fry then some stupid truck. SUV's and all the issues around them are extremely petty and over rated, I'm more concerned about second hand smoke, child abuse, drunk drivers, gang violence, teen pregnacy, the growing number of Aids victims, all the innocent people who have died and are dying behind the war on terrorism. Screw a truck......

If you going to be irritated over something worth anything be irritated at the religious organizations who aren't teaching their fellowers anything but to show up and donate. be irritated at the government for all the lies they've been caught in, be irritated at the growing increace of health care, be irritated at the fact that even after you vote your life will be no better than it is right now, heck even be irritated that you weren't on that Oprah show, should I go on...yeah I think we get the point, S C R E W A T R U C K!.....

Last edited by Milla...; 09-14-04 at 07:03 AM.
Old 09-14-04, 09:43 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

I imagine these will be used for military use as well?
Old 12-15-04, 09:12 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Exclamation This truck it huge

I hope this isn't a repost. I just saw this monster

http://www.internationaldelivers.com...severe/cxt.asp

I really like this one: http://www.646industries.com/mt/beyo...ional_cxt.html

Old 12-15-04, 09:21 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

lol, Agreed! I've read several articles now on that International & the damn thing dwarfs even the Hummer H1 It has a 70 Gallon (or more?) fuel tank! WOW! "Ton's of Fun!"
Old 12-15-04, 09:23 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wink

reeeeeeeeeeepost

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hreadid=133675
Old 12-15-04, 11:14 AM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Thanks, sorry about that
Old 12-15-04, 12:30 PM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Post The evanescent joys of IH ownership. . .

I saw one of these beasts yesterday on Houston's South Loop, dark blue and covered with logos for a local communications company. What a waste!

As a one-time owner of an International, I wonder if they finally have their assembly procedures together. About the time I bought my vehicle, I worked with a tech that had just come from a job in their plant - in St. Louis, I believe. He asked me if I found a strip of fanfold computer paper with a bunch of numbers on it. I said I did and wondered what it was. He told me that was the "line setting ticket" that was used when my International was built - If I lost it or threw it away, I was dead – as it was the ONLY key to the parts on my particular vehicle..

I had bought this '74 Travelall in 1975, used from a local dealer. It was a company VP's car, assembled for the Canadian market, and by going through the numbers with the tech, I found my Travelall was typical for that MY - AMC 401 engine (a powerful beast of a motor that also saw service in the AMX), GM Hydramatic transmission, Dodge rear end, Dodge truck brakes on the rear, but Ford on the front . . . etc. It was a regular UN of the auto industry. It seems that IH would buy up overstocked parts from other manufacturers and incorporate them into whatever was appropriate on the assembly line at that time. From bolts to wire looms, light sockets to heater cores, anything that could be bought as a commodity item, was – and usually from different manufacturers. The GM air conditioning system was bolted up to a huge Canadian heater, designed for service, I believe, above the Arctic Circle.

While keeping manufacturing costs low, it meant that there was NO commonality in parts. Every vehicle was an orphan. Thus my upper (return) radiator hose had a 1" ID at the water pump end to mate with the AMC pump, but a 2" ID at the radiator end, to fit the (GM) Harrison radiator. Blow a radiator hose somewhere in the boonies and you soon discover there ain't no such part. You fabricate your own with a 1" heater hose, a 2" radiator flex hose, a handful of hose clamps and a 2" X 1" exhaust swedge.

The Travelall was a faithful companion and a powerful trailer tow vehicle - if a little skittish under heavy loads. IH ceased to manufacture the Travelall the following year; a downsized two door version, the "Traveler” soldiered on for another 5 years. It was regularly serviced by a welder - replacing badly rusted body panels - and a blacksmith - to fabricate what didn't exist in the parts network. It was a challenge.

I wonder if you still have to fabricate your own parts after laying down 100-large for this baby?
Old 12-15-04, 12:33 PM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Milla...
Come on guys theres bigger issues and greater fish to fry then some stupid truck. SUV's and all the issues around them are extremely petty and over rated, I'm more concerned about second hand smoke, child abuse, drunk drivers, gang violence, teen pregnacy, the growing number of Aids victims, all the innocent people who have died and are dying behind the war on terrorism. Screw a truck......

If you going to be irritated over something worth anything be irritated at the religious organizations who aren't teaching their fellowers anything but to show up and donate. be irritated at the government for all the lies they've been caught in, be irritated at the growing increace of health care, be irritated at the fact that even after you vote your life will be no better than it is right now, heck even be irritated that you weren't on that Oprah show, should I go on...yeah I think we get the point, S C R E W A T R U C K!.....
You bring up very good points but this Xtra Large Commercial Grade truck should not be sold to individuals who can't even parallel park a Civic

Im all for buy what you want but atleast use it for it's intended purpose, but seeing all the morons on the road and the accidents they cause I would never want to be sitting at a light and be rearended by an International, around where I live all accidents should be preventable but at least the people who get plowed into at 40 sitting at a light can walk away, I also live in an area where offset head on collisions are not uncommon, I don't think you would want the opposing vehicle coming at you to be something that can roll over an H2.

So I don't think SUV bashing has anything to do with actually bashing the SUV, it has to do with just driving a behemoth of a vehicle that is overkill and useless.

Now I have been in an Expedition when a driver of a big rig talking on his cell merged ontop of us and pushed us into the median, his wheels where about as tall as the windows on the side of the Expedition and he bent the frame, his wheels had black paint on them and he felt nothing

This all goes along with rich kids growing up in the suburbs in million dollar homes trying to act like life is hard and all thugged out, now we have the opposite end with well to do people buying 100k work trucks going into high paying jobs acting like their blue collar workers, life is hard my union just laid me off
Old 12-15-04, 01:22 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Did anyone notice it only has 220 HP and an Inline 6 cyl.

ok-so it does have 540 lbs torque or something
Old 12-15-04, 01:46 PM
Skulinex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yep, enough torque to push you and the other 10 people in front of you at the traffic light because the driver was on the phone
Old 12-15-04, 04:29 PM
qtb33
Lead Lap

Originally posted by Skulinex
Yep, enough torque to push you and the other 10 people in front of you at the traffic light because the driver was on the phone
I believe I recall about 500 lb-ft

Quick Reply: This thing will roll right over your H2!!!