Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

VIP explained

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-04 | 01:24 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
You can own a BONE STOCK LS430 and you will still be a VIP.
How about a bone stock ES300?

Last edited by Davtown; 09-14-04 at 01:25 PM.
Old 09-14-04 | 07:16 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Attila
How about a bone stock ES300?
That was a big subject of debate on another forum. Some say it should be included, many also believe that it's not VIP. (Almost for the simple fact that there are next to none Windoms that are VIP modified).

I think the ES and IS all belong in the same club together of compact 4-door semi-luxury sedans, which almost bring them totally out of the VIP league. Sorry, but I really don't wanna open a can of worms here.
Old 09-14-04 | 07:18 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lord of the Celsiors
Said it all right there.

About more than 3/4 of the cars on CL are already VIP, if they know the true meaning of it.

BTW jtanoyo1, have u gotten ur air suspension yet?
LOL, I got a lil something something lined up, Eric. Let's just say, by the time I get married in December, my new bride will NOT have a height problem stepping into the Aristo......
Old 11-08-04 | 06:47 AM
Dominik
Driver

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but i just want to post my experiences. I dont have a VIP car, but i've loved the original VIP styling for a couple of years now. One thing i want to point out is that the current style is actually only quite new.

According to the magazine, the VIP style is now following the US Style - like jtanoyo said - simple kits, wheels, and exhausts. I think its a bit of a shame actually, because the original VIP style is one of the few uniquely japanese styles that hasnt been exploited overseas. Now they all seem to look like the cars on ClubLexus (note that i also love the ClubLexus cars, but i liked them as a separate style!). Its almost as if they have become suddenly very practical

And as for when this change came about, I have VIP Style magazines for the last 2 yrs (i only have a few though ) and in the earliest issue i own, there are no US Style cars in there - they were all widebodied crazy kitted, deep dished monsters. Then in an issue from earlier this year (or was it late last year) they had an article about the future of VIP. It mentioned that big chrome wheels and simple styles were going to become fashionable. It spoke about following US Styling... I actually dismissed this, thinking that the widebody cars and deep dish were here to stay.

I got another couple of issues since then and didnt notice any changes, but nothing for the last couple of months. And the other day i got the current issue. Sure the cover car was widebody (that style will ALWAYS be cool), but 90% of cars in the mag had no deep dish, no widebody, and plain chrome wheels. I was horrified! They also seem to be going for the whole M3/SL55 slits in the fenders

I just hope i can get my finances together soon enough so i can import one of the OG VIP cars... I dont want that style to die, but if it does, i want to preserve my own sample