Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.
View Poll Results: You have a GS and are in highschool
Sell it and buy a beater, and wait after college to buy another.
12.00%
Keep it and just live your life.
50.00%
Keep car at home but get rides from friends to school and back.
14.00%
Beatdown time.
24.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

jealousy is ugly

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-04, 06:30 PM
usmanj
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UPDATE- jealousy is ugly

Last edited by usmanj; 09-09-14 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-15-04, 06:50 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Sorry to hear that you have to deal with such ignorant people - but that's highschool for you.

The type of people that say they will key and vandalize your car are most likely all talk. I graduated from high school last year and know VERY well the type of people you are referring to. Yes, they are jealous, but there's nothing you can do about that.

Something else to take into consideration is the amount of gossip that goes on in high school. If someone keyed your car, it's highly unlikely that they will keep their mouth shut about it. Sooner or later you will find out who did it, and then do what is necessary.

Keep the GS, and just live life. Spending all your time worrying about the condition of your material posessions can't be good for you Let people talk all they want, and just know that those jealous fools will always be exactly that... jealous fools.
Old 09-15-04, 07:55 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

They dont have cameras at your school? Maybe you should just leave it at home, I'm glad my HS wasn't full of ****** like that.
Old 09-15-04, 08:01 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMO, I would try to find another way to get to school other than in the GS.

High School and College parking lots are somewhere that I will never park my GS, unless it's for 5 minutes. When I first got mine and took it to a college parking lot for only 1 hour, there was a new small ding. It might be just my luck, but I will never park my GS at school again.
Old 09-15-04, 08:07 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: jealousy is ugly

Originally posted by usmanj
why does there need to be a$$holes in the world today and why do people start all of a sudden hating you because you get something nice? There will always be those more fortunate than you, but so what!

hey, that's the way it is bro. you cant complain just keep it and try to avoid haters

good luck
Old 09-15-04, 08:32 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

"jealousy and envy will get you no where."

stick with the car. most of the people that say that are a bunch of chicken *****s that would never do that anyways. enjoy it!

Last edited by Stage3; 09-15-04 at 08:33 PM.
Old 09-15-04, 08:33 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what part of ny are you from ??
Old 09-15-04, 09:08 PM
EXE.UCF10
VIP|EXEstyle セルシオ

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Re: Re: jealousy is ugly

Originally posted by DC52E55
hey, that's the way it is bro. you cant complain just keep it and try to avoid haters

good luck
If you think high school is bad, wait until you get out into the real world...I hate to tell ya, but it gets worse. Speaking of haters in high school, I still have the 3 dings on my passenger side door I received in the same day from parking at my high school parking lot.

Tough choice between "Keep it and just live your life." and "Beatdown time"...the earlier me (during high school) would've most likely chosen the latter.

Last edited by BR1AN; 09-15-04 at 09:12 PM.
Old 09-15-04, 10:34 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah.. keep the car.. screw everyone i remember when i was in HS.. i didnt have a car.. and alot of the kids drove around in bmw's or lexus' or even vettes and other hot rods... i didnt say anything, cause i knew someday id have something better, faster, and louder... and now i do I get harrassed every now and then.. for being 21.. but have 3 cars and a bike... hell.. i worked for em... mommy and daddy didnt buy me crap... get a job
Old 09-16-04, 12:38 AM
Drukinfoolio
Pole Position

Well all I can say is the heck with everyone else. If you can get want you want then why not.

I was in the same boat as you were when I was in HS. My Sr. year my parents and I went out and got me a LS as my first car. I did the same thing as you did park away from everyone else. Some knew it was my car and some didn't.

One day (a few day after I got the car) I want out to my car in between classes to get something from my car with a friend. I never look at my car before leaving the lot, but my friend happen to look at the door and saw a really deep key mark on the rear door. To make things worse it wasn't just one door all four doors were keyed very deep. It made me soo mad that I just left school that day, not only that I just hated everyone at the school and graduated early so I didn't have to deal with those kind of people.

No matter where you got there will always be those kind of people.
Old 09-16-04, 02:39 AM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

****s gonna happen but dont let that stop you from living your life. One time that stands out of many for me was when I was 18 driving my '98 GS300(in '00) w/ my girlfriend @ the time in Miami. We were looking to buy my 1st MKIV Supra TT. I was about a block away from the Dealer and this guy driving a commercial Truck to our left looks over and is so shocked that someone my age was driving a car like that he crashed in to the car in front of him

Last edited by JAC JZS; 09-16-04 at 02:39 AM.
Old 09-16-04, 03:38 AM
usmanj
Lead Lap

Last edited by usmanj; 09-09-14 at 06:13 AM.
Old 09-16-04, 04:12 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Attila
Sorry to hear that you have to deal with such ignorant people - but that's highschool for you.
Indeed.

Let me just note here that I don't drive a Lexus (see the sig).

But I sustained the most grevious of all the damage done to my car in the high-school parking lot.

The Nissan was only a couple of months old (and I was really quite proud of it) at that point. It's been all downhill from there.

Good luck with everything & I hope nobody does anything stupid.

Unfortunately the only way to keep an exquisite car in showroom condition is to not drive it.

M.
Old 09-16-04, 05:31 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Already driving a lex in high-school, you are one lucky lad. I had transportation in high-school, its called MTA.
Old 09-16-04, 06:00 AM
rj4510
Instructor

Received 74 Likes on 60 Posts

Sorry to hear about the harassment you receive in school. Unfortunately, it doesn't get much better later in life. At some point you'll have to park next to others at the grocery store, theatre, etc. Taking your car outside is risky. It's not because it's a Lexus either! I had the quarter panel of my Protege kicked in while parked at the opposite end of the parking lot. They must have hated the fact that the car was new and had no dings or scratches! Some people will just take the necessary time to walk over and cause damage.

So far as getting flack about driving a Lexus is concerned, I'm almost 40 and get lip about it regularly. You just can't win. I don't give anyone flack about their massive SUVs costing as much or more as a brand new Lex, but the same courtesy is not extended.

I wouldn't avoid driving your car to school. The best way to avoid problems is to not make a big deal of it, don't show off and continue to be the nice guy. Jerks will be Jerks.

Just a twisted thought: You could blast through a huge mud puddle and not wash the car till you graduate. No one wants to key a muddy car! There's no thrill in destroying something the owner doesn't care about. Just make sure to wash it before a date and find a mud puddle again after.

Quick Reply: jealousy is ugly