Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Making offer on daily driver tommorrow

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-04, 05:51 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bought it!
Old 09-30-04, 05:59 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Ebanks
Bought it!
Congrats!

Let us know what you think of it
But what are you doing on here posting? go drive it!
Old 09-30-04, 06:21 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Attila

But what are you doing on here posting? go drive it!
lol.. I am at work, or I would be driving it

-Ethan
Old 09-30-04, 06:50 PM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Haha nice man, how much $$?

And you are so right about having a beater, I miss my ol 88 Tercel 4-speed. SO trouble-free, I never had to worry about keeping it clean, or fixing every little thing. I only had to remeber to put in another quart of oil every week

Last edited by /Aerostar\; 09-30-04 at 06:51 PM.
Old 09-30-04, 08:57 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
Senior Moderator

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Hehe, nice little beater ya got there!

You said it traps higher than most trans-ams, camaros, wrx's ect though... my 99 camaro ss, when it was stock.. trapped 110.. had a little factory freak now it traps about 20mph faster with the aid of many parts Must be nice with a little 30 shot though, i bet your bottles last forever... i dont get much use out of mine spraying a 150+ shot...
Old 09-30-04, 09:03 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by /Aerostar\
Haha nice man, how much $$?

And you are so right about having a beater, I miss my ol 88 Tercel 4-speed. SO trouble-free, I never had to worry about keeping it clean, or fixing every little thing. I only had to remeber to put in another quart of oil every week
~$3k.

I think the car itself is probably only worth like $750-$1000.

-Ethan
Old 09-30-04, 09:05 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RTCamaroSS
Hehe, nice little beater ya got there!

You said it traps higher than most trans-ams, camaros, wrx's ect though... my 99 camaro ss, when it was stock.. trapped 110.. had a little factory freak now it traps about 20mph faster with the aid of many parts Must be nice with a little 30 shot though, i bet your bottles last forever... i dont get much use out of mine spraying a 150+ shot...
Yeah, I was kind of figuring a stock ws6 or cobra would be a good run from a roll... I really wish I could get this thing to 60-ft, but I don't think it will ever happen without slicks, and if I do that it will shell the tranny.

Your car must be pretty mean to be trapping 130ish... The way f-bodys 60-ft that is probably a low 10 sec pass isn't it?!

-Ethan
Old 09-30-04, 10:25 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
Senior Moderator

Received 38 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah, I was kind of figuring a stock ws6 or cobra would be a good run from a roll... I really wish I could get this thing to 60-ft, but I don't think it will ever happen without slicks, and if I do that it will shell the tranny.

Your car must be pretty mean to be trapping 130ish... The way f-bodys 60-ft that is probably a low 10 sec pass isn't it?!

-Ethan
Stockers do anywhere from 12.8-13.8 depending on driver and track conditions. From a roll, you'd definately have a shot.

Mine should be mid 10's on a 150 shot of the juice... Mid 11's N/A. Ive got a few small things to work out. I cant get a good 60 foot to save my life with this stock rear end though... ive blown 4 of them.. course.. i was sidestepping the clutch at 5k rpm launching on nitrous, lol! i blew another one on the street, just messin around with the juice. Since my daily driver is broke, and im tryin not to put miles on the bike so i can sell it, ive been daily drivin a 10 second car.. and let me tell you, this thing is loud.. longtube headers, no cats, and true dual 3 inch piping to dumps before the axle Maybe someday ill ditch the stock engine for something beefier..

Last edited by RTIS250; 09-30-04 at 10:26 PM.
Old 09-30-04, 10:30 PM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by RTCamaroSS
Stockers do anywhere from 12.8-13.8 depending on driver and track conditions. From a roll, you'd definately have a shot.

Mine should be mid 10's on a 150 shot of the juice... Mid 11's N/A. Ive got a few small things to work out. I cant get a good 60 foot to save my life with this stock rear end though... ive blown 4 of them.. course.. i was sidestepping the clutch at 5k rpm launching on nitrous, lol! i blew another one on the street, just messin around with the juice. Since my daily driver is broke, and im tryin not to put miles on the bike so i can sell it, ive been daily drivin a 10 second car.. and let me tell you, this thing is loud.. longtube headers, no cats, and true dual 3 inch piping to dumps before the axle Maybe someday ill ditch the stock engine for something beefier..
Daily drivig 125+ MPH cars is fun.. I daily drove my old lexus for a while, and have been daily driving my new one which should be ~130 MPH 10.6-10.8 when I get the new trans in it.

Daily driving beaters is almost even more fun though

Funny quote from the guy I bought this car from... "It's fun to drive a car that, even when you lose the race, the other guy really still doesn't win".

-Ethan
Old 09-30-04, 11:14 PM
silversprucesc3
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ethan has a point about "daily beaters"... I mean we all wear "wife beaters" why not drive a daily beater..lol
All jokin aside ... my non work related "homies" all drive beaters.... One of my fellaz drives an s55 or something like that and whips around daily in his 87 honda accord lxi with 230k.....Even hittin the clubs in it.. (if u pull a sweetie u know she ain't after your ride)...lol
Funny but I whip the minivan around daily and leave both lexus's at home many a time...
For me and my boyz its a "hood thing" ... gotta keep a bucket in the drive way...

On the DL/// (down low) ... for you single guys... beaters are a great way to "creep" without being seen. Everybody knows your hooked up whip so the beater allows you to be "inconspicuous" (spelling?) Plus the ladies never key up your "main" ride when u get busted... lol

Disclaimer.. BTW I am currently a devoted husband and father.. this info is from waaaaaayyyyyy back..
Old 10-01-04, 10:36 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats Ethan!!
YOu should make some vids of the car and post them
Old 10-01-04, 10:42 AM
Ebanks
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Richie
Congrats Ethan!!
YOu should make some vids of the car and post them
I will, and if I can figure out some video editing software there will be some sweet 80s backround music.
Old 10-01-04, 10:47 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I will, and if I can figure out some video editing software there will be some sweet 80s backround music.
LOL, looking forward to that allready
Old 10-01-04, 01:55 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

I can't wait to see/hear some kill stories from this machine. Can I suggest some Aha, Take on Me, or Falco, Rock Me Amadeus?

James
Old 10-01-04, 02:07 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Take on me would be a good one considering the sleeper nature of the car

Quick Reply: Making offer on daily driver tommorrow