Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

A suprizing reveiw for a Toyota - X runner

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-04, 11:08 PM
leXrunnerOLD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got my X-Runner 3 weeks ago. I bought the Speedway blue. I post on Toyotanation (sn trdcamry2003) as well as teamsc3, solaraguy, customtacos. I used to post here w/the SN of trdmcv20. Anyways I'm loving the truck it really does handle awesome. Rotora is coming out with a 14.2" brake kit w/6 piston calipers and a 16" kit with 8 piston calipers. They used my truck to design the prototype. I will be running the 16" kit with either 5Zigen hyper 5ZR in 20" or the Axis Reverb's in 20"

So here are all my pics.

http://photobucket.com/albums/v472/trdcamry2003/

You can also check out the pics of my retired 99 camry XLE v6 Custom painted Spectra Blue Mica.

Let me know what you guys think? Oh and Ryan(flipside909) What happened to www.teamsc3.com ??

(photoshops)
Old 11-21-04, 02:39 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Hey Robert, looking good. I had a chance to hammer a new red X-Runner @ Carson Toyota today (Saturday) after meeting up w/LXOGOOD and checking on some part orders I had. Not a bad truck at all! Don't like the long shifter throws though. But i'm sure someone will make a short shift kit for that truck. A very nice package indeed. I like the sturdy chassis feel. Way better than my Solara sorry to say!

As for the SC3 forums, i haven't had a chance to move the forums to the new host server...which is why it's down. I will eventually move them, but at the same time, I feel like pulling the plug on it since it's almost pointless to keep it up. We'll see.
Old 11-21-04, 02:09 PM
ChuH
Instructor

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

Just imagine what a TRD supercharger would do to this pickup when it becomes available.

Chu...
Old 11-21-04, 05:36 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by wantAnewLex

If this thing was avaliable when I was buying my Forester, I might have gone with it instead. RWD+6-speed+handling=

The X-Runner, admitted, is a nice product, and one that will help change the Tacoma's customer base. I certainly am not knocking it one bit. But....... DON'T feel bad about buying a Forester.....Turbo or non-Turbo. The Forester is considered by several auto magazines to be the best small SUV on the market, with a proven AWD system. It will go through slippery places that a RWD truck cannot, even if it cannot tow as much.
Browse through the CL forums and archives and you will see there are MANY Subaru fans here.