Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Over-modded S600 (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-04 | 01:06 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

Originally posted by BLexACK LS
lets play a game, You can only remove one thing from this car, what do you choose?
The mods.
Old 09-30-04 | 12:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

lets play a game, You can only remove one thing from this car, what do you choose?
the owner
Old 09-30-04 | 12:54 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

It's misery
Old 09-30-04 | 11:11 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Apparently you guys don't like the Lorinser kit and the Lorinser wide fender flares for the S-class?

Granted the wheels are a bit (ok, a lot) tacky, but the rest of the parts are made by a very well-known Benz aftermarket supplier. No, he didn't cut his springs, he probably just added the Lorinser lowering kit (that's what I call 'em) to compress his air suspension at its lowest setting, which is why he's sitting that low....

...VIP, very much so. Rice, definitely not.

(Again, I am not approving what he does, I think it's butt ugly) <----disclaimer.

Also, you guys do know that Artisan Spirits blatantly copied the Lorinser wide front fenders and apply them to the various JDM rides that we are always so drooling over, right?
Old 09-30-04 | 11:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
Apparently you guys don't like the Lorinser kit and the Lorinser wide fender flares for the S-class?

Granted the wheels are a bit (ok, a lot) tacky, but the rest of the parts are made by a very well-known Benz aftermarket supplier. No, he didn't cut his springs, he probably just added the Lorinser lowering kit (that's what I call 'em) to compress his air suspension at its lowest setting, which is why he's sitting that low....

(Again, I am not approving what he does, I think it's butt ugly) <----disclaimer.

Also, you guys do know that Artisan Spirits blatantly copied the Lorinser wide front fenders and apply them to the various JDM rides that we are always so drooling over, right?
frankly, i can care less if it's from lorinser or brabus. if it looks stupid, it's stupid, period. the lorinser kit for the 220 and the lorinser edition, imho, are far much nicer than the the f01 design, which is what this guy has (assume it's not a knock off). it's too much for the s class imho, it becomes nothing, no class and no sport for me.

on top of that, the "finishing" touches he put on the car is less than ideal too. wtf are those stuff on the front fender besides the v12 emblem? maybe i missed something, but that looks like alien signs to me.

and the seats insides, that's way too much for me too. i guess red is just too much for me. and of course the wheels, i am sure we are all on the same page here.

and to me this goes to any company, euro or jdm. if there is a jdm company making an EXCLUSIVE kit for the GS which looks like total *** , and at a very sky high price coz' it's EXCLUSIVE, to hell with it, you bet i am going to smack down bad on it
Old 09-30-04 | 11:56 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
CL Folding 10,000

Originally posted by jtanoyo1

oh and "rice, definitely not", i am not sure about that, what's the definition again?

and talking about copy. wanna go into another discussion of hre copying bbs, and then iforged copying hre? and rmm copying explosion? dsr copying abflug and toms? imho, if they import the design well and able to put them nice on the car, and able to provide good quality, etc... they are on the right track
Old 10-01-04 | 12:35 AM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

take off the grille, the red in the interior, and make the front flow lower and some less agressive looking wheels, then it'll look alright

cmon now, we've seen much more pitiful rides lolz
Old 10-01-04 | 05:22 AM
flipspeed
Lead Lap

Originally posted by llmidnitellsc40
take off the grille, the red in the interior, and make the front flow lower and some less agressive looking wheels, then it'll look alright

cmon now, we've seen much more pitiful rides lolz
not one as expensive as that.
Old 10-01-04 | 08:32 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by rominl

on top of that, the "finishing" touches he put on the car is less than ideal too. wtf are those stuff on the front fender besides the v12 emblem? maybe i missed something, but that looks like alien signs to me.

Those tackey emblems say 22" that his way of stunting his 22's./ Personally i dont like emblems and I would never add extra ones

Last edited by GammaLex; 10-01-04 at 08:33 AM.
Old 10-01-04 | 01:59 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

I saw this kit on an E series yesterday at Fashion Island in Newport, except for the grill, it was a smaller variant. I thought it looked pretty nice. This one didn't have any emblems except for the star front and rear.
There is worse to be seen. Eye of the beholder I suppose.

My take is this is a youthful owner focused on blatent attention hence the overdone emblems. Yes, the grill is a bit much but it isn't much different than that white phase that hit in the early to mid 80's...ugh. That was bad. Where everything on the car was painted to match the body color...white was the most prominent.
Old 10-01-04 | 03:39 PM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter
CL Folding 1M

The kit's pretty decent, really adds to the car in some colors with the right rims.

However, too much of anything can be bad