Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Amazing Garage II

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-04, 12:11 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Poor guy...you know deep down he has some deep rooted problems...like how to use up his $$$.

This has been a debated topic among my friends...would we want this type of financial security or does the challenge of working within constraints give more satisfaction when making a purchase?

A long time buddy owned a chemical company and could buy at whim what he wanted. He'd change interests faster than you could blink. He called me one day to tell me he had his secretary chasing down certain things for his collection. In about 2 weeks, he's acquired just about everything he could within that area. A month later he sold it all and started again on something else.
Old 10-07-04, 06:43 PM
theanimala
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with what you are saying (not to that degree though). When you are growing up and you want things, you have to wait until Christmas and Birthday's, and even then you get a couple of things (maybe different today). Now that I am older and working, I get myself what I want when I want it. It really is not as special any longer. My wife asks me what I want for Christmas and I tell her nothing. I already have what I want, and if I want something I'll just get it. Make's me long for the old days.
Old 10-07-04, 07:13 PM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

very nice... its strange to think that there are people with garages bigger in square footage than some peoples entire homes.
Old 10-08-04, 02:42 PM
timoc42
Lead Lap

those are really amazing garages.

I do not have pictures, but once, I went into a house (better called mansion or palace), of my parent's friend.

the garage is really amazing, in the case that it has 2 floors ! just like a carpark, there is a ramp going down
to the basement where there is space for about 10 cars.
the garage on the main floor is enough for about 10 cars.

plus the long driveway, i think the place is good enough to be a dealership.
however, the sad thing is that there wasnt a lot of exotics.

the owner just had a bentley and a rolls royce ... plus a couple of 'everyday cars' that the family members uses like mercedes S-class, 7 series and range rovers.

i guess the gap between the rich and the poor will never be closed... it will just be getting bigger..
Old 10-09-04, 11:42 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Who the heck was in my garage taking unauthorized pics??