Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Car Shows

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-04, 05:37 PM
bomber
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Car Shows

I'm an Australian and I'm currently planning a trip to the US. I want to include a visit to a US car show while I'm overseas and am seeking your help to see what are the biggest and best car shows staged in the US.
I want to try and get a bit of an understanding of where the US market is and see what the current trends are overseas. And I also want to see if I can see close up some of the amazing show cars that are built.
Can any one help me with a recommendation of what shows are the 'ones to see?'
Old 10-09-04, 06:26 PM
LexFather

Default Re: Car Shows

Originally posted by bomber
I'm an Australian and I'm currently planning a trip to the US. I want to include a visit to a US car show while I'm overseas and am seeking your help to see what are the biggest and best car shows staged in the US.
I want to try and get a bit of an understanding of where the US market is and see what the current trends are overseas. And I also want to see if I can see close up some of the amazing show cars that are built.
Can any one help me with a recommendation of what shows are the 'ones to see?'
Welcome to CLubLexus.. SEMA in Las Vegas is huge as it has most all aftermarket tuners there. The NOPI Nationals just passed and that show has 7000+ cars. That is in Atlanta.

The trend here in the USA is simple. Bigger is better. Big wheels, T.Vs, Audio, Big cars, Big SUVs etc. It's been that way for the past 6 years and things are getting bigger and bigger.

There is also an "elightenment" of people who do research and mod thier cars correctly.