Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New 2006 M45/M35 information

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-04, 06:41 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks, MP

Thanks for posting, MPLexus.....and that was QUITE a post.

I was not aware that the there would also be a new M35....the old car, I believe was the M45 only. We'll have to wait and see how well these two new siblings do on the marketplace...the old M45 was not popular at all.
Lexus had better get cracking on some AWD sedans. Infiniti, as you point out, is now getting ready to introduce its second AWD car in just over a year (with the G35X)....and Lexus has not yet even introduced the FIRST. ( We hear now from Lexus that the planned October GS330 AWD intro has been moved up to next spring...as a 2006 model). Audi, another Lexus competitor, has had Quattro AWD sedans and coupes for years.
I've written in other threads about the choices that Lexus has had to make with the availiable R&D funds, but the need for an AWD sedan appears to be more critical now. Lexus cannot afford to keep delaying their development.
Old 10-16-04, 07:06 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,418 Likes on 1,584 Posts

Boy it sure shows how wheels make a HUGE difference on a car. This one with the tiny narrow wheels and the high suspension looks like CRAP.

Unfortunately, the GS300 with the 16s looks weak too.

Well - I'm underwhelmed by this Infiniti M35/45 now that we've got production pictures.

Next...
Old 10-16-04, 07:14 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 68 Likes on 50 Posts

The features and options on the new M35, 45 are very impressive and the interior looks nice. But the exterior is UGLY looks too much like the G35 sedan with a larger grille and larger tailights.

Kinda disappointed in this design bec i really like the G35Coupe and FX models.

Time to start saving for the new GS i guess.
Old 10-16-04, 09:33 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The new GS300 will offer AWD, but Denny Clements said that the new IS would offer it as well. I think we'll probably even see it as an option on the new LS as more and more consumers are becoming concerned with performance and safety, both of which AWD helps.

-Michael-
Old 10-17-04, 01:11 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Boy it sure shows how wheels make a HUGE difference on a car. This one with the tiny narrow wheels and the high suspension looks like CRAP.
Unfortunately, the GS300 with the 16s looks weak too.

Well - I'm underwhelmed by this Infiniti M35/45 now that we've got production pictures.

Next...
While the thread title was correct the additon of the all the JDM Fuga pics muddies the water a bit (none of the pics here or anywhere are of an actual production M - production doesn't start until Jan - although a pre-production unit will be shown at various car shows before then). The USDM M will be a bit different than the Fuga especially when it comes to wheels.
Old 10-17-04, 02:00 AM
JsN
Driver

Is it me or does the back look like the current toyota avalon.
Old 10-17-04, 08:45 AM
LexFather

I think the interior is gorgous and the car has some great features. The exterior is okay. Paying 50k for an "Infiniti" is a no no. Wait 2 years, the car will be 30k, you got yourself a bargain.

Old 10-17-04, 12:04 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

RL is better,IMO.
Old 10-17-04, 07:57 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I think the interior is gorgous and the car has some great features. The exterior is okay. Paying 50k for an "Infiniti" is a no no. Wait 2 years, the car will be 30k, you got yourself a bargain.
As far as i've seen, new infiniti cars have great resale values...especially the g35. Some better than lexus. I highly doubt a car as nice as the M45 will depreciate that much in two years
Old 10-17-04, 08:30 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by Xenthar
As far as i've seen, new infiniti cars have great resale values...especially the g35. Some better than lexus. I highly doubt a car as nice as the M45 will depreciate that much in two years
Historically, Infinitis have a horrid depreciation rate, but the G35 is the first truly desireable vehicle that Infiniti has built in several years, which has changed that. Resale value has a lot to do with brand image and desireability, and in that regard Infiniti is still not in the same leage as Lexus, but the G35 and FX have been game changing vehicles for the marque, and new M35 and 45 will be a continuation of that. It is still to be determined though, how the public will react to these cars. They could flop, and they could fly off dealer lots as fast as Infiniti can make them. Historically though, 1SickLex's comments aren't far off. I think I'd kill my salesman if I bought a $55K Q45 and then two years later it's worth $32K

-Michael-
Old 10-17-04, 09:01 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Originally posted by MPLexus301
Historically, Infinitis have a horrid depreciation rate, but the G35 is the first truly desireable vehicle that Infiniti has built in several years, which has changed that. Resale value has a lot to do with brand image and desireability, and in that regard Infiniti is still not in the same leage as Lexus, but the G35 and FX have been game changing vehicles for the marque, and new M35 and 45 will be a continuation of that. It is still to be determined though, how the public will react to these cars. They could flop, and they could fly off dealer lots as fast as Infiniti can make them. Historically though, 1SickLex's comments aren't far off. I think I'd kill my salesman if I bought a $55K Q45 and then two years later it's worth $32K

-Michael-
I was just talking about the direction infiniti is going in currently. Each newly redesigned car has been a success. The only one left to be redesigned is the Q45. But i totally understand infiniti's past.
Old 10-18-04, 07:23 AM
Rob L
Rookie

I'm not liking the dash of that car (I like to have my controls there rather than a plain dash/center console) but other than that I think the car looks pretty nice inside and out.
Old 10-18-04, 08:49 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Can you say UGLY!
Old 10-19-04, 08:03 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

The wood doesn't exactly look nice...

Last edited by MPLexus301; 10-19-04 at 08:05 PM.
Old 10-19-04, 09:00 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

It looks nicer with the aluminum or that dark wood.

Quick Reply: New 2006 M45/M35 information