Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Hate haters

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-04, 11:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

wow damn, what's happening to you man.... you sure you didn't **** off someone, or someone mistaking your car as someone else's?
Old 10-18-04, 02:02 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 363 Likes on 231 Posts

Who's wife are you friends with ?

Seriously, it seems to be a reality that you need a beater to even park the car alone for a while. I wish they wouldn't have banned that 300,000 volt shock alarm from vehicles.

**ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT ...............POP*

Last edited by O. L. T.; 10-18-04 at 02:02 AM.
Old 10-18-04, 03:41 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

invest in an alarm with a pager

thats what im going to do

to many thoughtless azzholes and scorned women (not from me )

out there
Old 10-18-04, 07:14 AM
Rob L
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope whoever did that dies a horrible death....or gets used as a grilfreind by big **** bubba in prison.

Sorry about what hapepned dude. That blows
Old 10-18-04, 08:47 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Carry a shotgun like I do.....

also you may want to place some warning stickers on the car such as protected by ________

Anyhow I have read numerous posts like this and this worries me, good thing I keep my baby in the garage most of the time
Old 10-18-04, 11:41 AM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow...thanks for all the support and kind words, guys. I feel a lot better now just seeing how much people on CL care.

Unfortunately I cheaped out on my insurance and have a $1000 deductible for everything. Guess I'll just have to live with that ungainly cut in the rear for a while (until something more major happens to that area to justify the cost of repair, which, of course, I hope not). BTW, I have no enemies whatsoever and the two incidents happened nowhere near my home so it must have been done by some random haters.

On a positive note, I swapped on my spare tires and drove to the nearby Costco (hey nice meeting you there too and thanks for the tire selection tips, nthach!!) to get a new set of tires. My tires were worn enough to warrant a replacement anyway. Just that very morning as I was exiting a ramp on an all-wet road due to the very first rain my car has experienced this season, my car lost grip and the VSC kicked in, even though I was turning at what I thought was a very, very low speed! So the tire cut may have been a good forewarn after all and whoever did that to my tire must have noticed the tread wear on it and decided to do me a favor. (must....think....positive...)

I ended up getting the Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus (paid Costco about $800+ for the 5 tires and tax and installation) and now I'm glad I did. The ride comfort, the handling, the traction, feel sooo significantly better than the 2+-year-old/23800-mile OEM Bridgestone Turanzas that even my aunt who knows absolutely nothing about cars told me she could tell a big difference sitting in the passenger seat. With very low rolling resistance the steering now requires very little effort while the noise level is on par with the Turanzas (that is, very low). Even the gas mileage gets an immediate noticeable boost. Everything feels so smooth in the way a Lexus should be. I would recommend this tire to anyone looking to have their OEM ES300 tires replaced.

Last edited by XeroK00L; 10-18-04 at 12:15 PM.
Old 10-18-04, 03:08 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by nthach
where in Marin dod you go to high school at?
Terra Linda High
Old 10-18-04, 03:57 PM
ARB
Lead Lap

Originally posted by NoS
Carry a shotgun like I do.....
Haha
Old 10-18-04, 07:37 PM
nthach
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by XeroK00L
Wow...thanks for all the support and kind words, guys. I feel a lot better now just seeing how much people on CL care.

Unfortunately I cheaped out on my insurance and have a $1000 deductible for everything. Guess I'll just have to live with that ungainly cut in the rear for a while (until something more major happens to that area to justify the cost of repair, which, of course, I hope not). BTW, I have no enemies whatsoever and the two incidents happened nowhere near my home so it must have been done by some random haters.

On a positive note, I swapped on my spare tires and drove to the nearby Costco (hey nice meeting you there too and thanks for the tire selection tips, nthach!!) to get a new set of tires. My tires were worn enough to warrant a replacement anyway. Just that very morning as I was exiting a ramp on an all-wet road due to the very first rain my car has experienced this season, my car lost grip and the VSC kicked in, even though I was turning at what I thought was a very, very low speed! So the tire cut may have been a good forewarn after all and whoever did that to my tire must have noticed the tread wear on it and decided to do me a favor. (must....think....positive...)

I ended up getting the Michelin Energy MXV4 Plus (paid Costco about $800+ for the 5 tires and tax and installation) and now I'm glad I did. The ride comfort, the handling, the traction, feel sooo significantly better than the 2+-year-old/23800-mile OEM Bridgestone Turanzas that even my aunt who knows absolutely nothing about cars told me she could tell a big difference sitting in the passenger seat. With very low rolling resistance the steering now requires very little effort while the noise level is on par with the Turanzas (that is, very low). Even the gas mileage gets an immediate noticeable boost. Everything feels so smooth in the way a Lexus should be. I would recommend this tire to anyone looking to have their OEM ES300 tires replaced.
Glad I could help out, I was there getting tires for my dad's beater, and Michelin was $30 cheaper than Bridgestone. Michelin does make a high quality product, the price/performance ratio may be a bit lacking, but Michelin does hand inspect and X-ray their tires. They also added a nylon spiral wrap on the Hydroedges, unheard of for a T-rated tire!