Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Pontiac Bonneville GXP

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-04, 10:44 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pontiac Bonneville GXP

In my spare time - I have too much - I was browsing Pontiac's website to see whether they set a price for the Solstice yet.

They haven't.

But I started looking at the other cars - particularly the Bonneville. Pontiac now offers the 4.6 liter Northstar (the 275 hp version) - for the top trim level. This came as something of a surprise.

Why would GM allow a Cadillac hallmark in such a slow-selling, lackluster product?

I started looking at the pictures ... the exterior made me wonder why people don't buy this car:

And then I saw it ... the most hideous interior to ever "grace" a vehicle over 30,000 dollars ...

GM needs help.

M.
Old 10-20-04, 11:23 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

HAHA...wow....ugliness everywhere. I was gonna tell ya because of the interior, but you posted those pictures and worded that prefectly.

"And then I saw it ... the most hideous interior to ever "grace" a vehicle over 30,000 dollars ... "

Yeah those interiors are so cheap looking, big buttons scattered all over, and to many airvents. DAMN this thing has 8 airvents on the dash. My lord. I would take the 300C before this thing in a heartbeat.
Old 10-20-04, 11:53 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

And this is for a 2004/2005??? I don't see much improvements over the old models.

I guess after Buick, Pontiac needs to go The only Pontiac that I used to love was the Trans Am, Knight Rider style.
Old 10-20-04, 12:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts
Default Re: Pontiac Bonneville GXP

Originally posted by whipimpin
I

M.
Even Spock couldn't figure this one out.
Old 10-20-04, 12:25 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

I suppose it shouldn't come as a huge surprise...

Pontiac's interiors have always been Fisher Price. Always.
Old 10-20-04, 12:45 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Ummm...i just made it official, the Toyota Echo's interior is nicer than that Bonneville.

Look at that beauty. Its so nice.

Last edited by magneto112; 10-20-04 at 12:46 PM.
Old 10-20-04, 01:28 PM
C-Train
Lead Lap

Trending Topics

Old 10-20-04, 01:31 PM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally posted by C-Train
LOL tastes like chicken?
Old 10-20-04, 01:45 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Man, that is one messed up interior. 300C WAY before that. More power, and the power goes the rear wheels, which is key. Oh well, it doesn't look too bad on the outside at all.

James
Old 10-20-04, 02:03 PM
LexFather

Here are the answers.
Pontiac is to be the "sporty" GM division. Notive no SUV before (that will change next year). They took off the cladding as well.
The V-8 in the Northstar has a huge issue, ITS TO THE FRONT WHEELS! Otherwise, they are on the right path.
As ya'll stated for 35k, HELLO, 300C. THought not all like the Bently styling. The GXP is stylish.

Old 10-20-04, 05:13 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The V-8 in the Northstar has a huge issue, ITS TO THE FRONT WHEELS! Otherwise, they are on the right path.
A V8 rear-drive Pontiac flagship is reportedly in the works. Whether or not it retains the Bonneville name remains to be seen. It will probably share its basic platform with the new Buick rear-drive flagship sedan which is also in the works, (the Park Avenue is being dropped) but obviously the Pontiac will be much more driver-oriented than the Buick
Old 10-20-04, 11:15 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Almost all pontiac vehicles look the same. They have that big two ugly looking nostrols up front!! If you didn't know much about cars, you probably wouldn't be able to tell a Grand Am, new GTO, Grand Prix, or a Bonneville apart!! They all almost look the same from up front!!
Old 10-20-04, 11:30 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

people say the interior of the 350z and the G35 are ugly... (personally I don't think there's anything wrong with them).... and I'm not usually one to nitpick on an interior, it's not too hard to please me...

but damn! this is seriously the ugliest interior I have seen on any production car. There may be worse out there, but I've yet to see it.
Old 10-20-04, 11:37 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by Attila
people say the interior of the 350z and the G35 are ugly... (personally I don't think there's anything wrong with them).... and I'm not usually one to nitpick on an interior, it's not too hard to please me...

but damn! this is seriously the ugliest interior I have seen on any production car. There may be worse out there, but I've yet to see it.
You have many Nissans to choose from.
Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
The previous Pathfinder interior was much better IMO. These are actually considered updates by Nissan.

Here is the 55k QX56 interior

Old 10-20-04, 11:47 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

While I don't think those Nissan//Infiniti interiors you posted are great, (certainly not on par with Lexus), I wouldn't mind driving around with that in my car. Not the best, but I can put up with it. As I said earlier, I'm not too picky on interiors.

But that Bonneville interior... I would be too busy puking to drive the damn car.

Quick Reply: Pontiac Bonneville GXP