Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

This is NOT an IS!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-04, 07:21 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say he probably spent much mroe than $30K. Maybe close to $100K after everythign was done like audio/video, body work, paint and everything else. You have to remember like OLT said, these car show guys have the money and you need to be different to win at car shows. A modified IS would just be another modified IS. A Civic custom conversion is one of a kind. Who cares if some people don't like it. The whole purpose to building up a car show is to win. These guys probably don't even drive the car and trailor it to the show. I enter my modified NSX into car shows and I don't even come close to winning the Acura division with all the trick custom modified Acuras similar to the Civic above. It is not about what car you start off with but what you do to it. Personally, I would never do such drastic things to my car, but that is why I never win anything at car shows I'm okay with that though. I do the shows for fun. Others want to win at any cost. I've seen people destroy their 2nd place trophy because they didn't win 1st. For the hardcore car show participants it is all about winning. When I look around at the car show entrants I admire all the custom body work. I may not like the final end results, but just looking at the extensive body work on some of the better cars is amazing. It is kind of like watching Monsters Garage.

Last edited by CK6Speed; 10-24-04 at 07:21 PM.
Old 10-24-04, 07:53 PM
TopSCecreT
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally posted by CK6Speed
I would say he probably spent much mroe than $30K. Maybe close to $100K after everythign was done like audio/video, body work, paint and everything else. You have to remember like OLT said, these car show guys have the money and you need to be different to win at car shows. A modified IS would just be another modified IS. A Civic custom conversion is one of a kind. Who cares if some people don't like it. The whole purpose to building up a car show is to win. These guys probably don't even drive the car and trailor it to the show. I enter my modified NSX into car shows and I don't even come close to winning the Acura division with all the trick custom modified Acuras similar to the Civic above. It is not about what car you start off with but what you do to it. Personally, I would never do such drastic things to my car, but that is why I never win anything at car shows I'm okay with that though. I do the shows for fun. Others want to win at any cost. I've seen people destroy their 2nd place trophy because they didn't win 1st. For the hardcore car show participants it is all about winning. When I look around at the car show entrants I admire all the custom body work. I may not like the final end results, but just looking at the extensive body work on some of the better cars is amazing. It is kind of like watching Monsters Garage.
i agree, it's all about the point system........that civic probably participates in the honda class as well as 4-dr wild class
Old 10-24-04, 08:52 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Where's the barf smiley?
Old 10-25-04, 12:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

only one word: retarded

sorry, but that's all i can think of