Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

My 05 4Runner came in

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-04, 09:15 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The dimpled underbody might have something to do with aero. like why a golf ball has dimples, reduces drag I believe.

Just some clever Toyota engineering.

Congrats on the new purchase, interior is very nice.

JBL makes awesome audio equipment, especially their older home audio speakers can't be beat, Toyota and Lexus know where to go for the best.

(both owned by Harmon international)

Last edited by LexusLuver; 11-02-04 at 09:17 PM.
Old 11-02-04, 09:24 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Beautiful. My neigbor has one with the V8, and the torque is so sudden. It seems like it just wants to go with just a tap on the trottle. Very impressive I must say. But why not the sunroof and spoiler?? They gave you a nice deal on ordering one with out those standard features? Or you just didnt want it?
Old 11-02-04, 09:45 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by magneto112
Beautiful. My neigbor has one with the V8, and the torque is so sudden. It seems like it just wants to go with just a tap on the trottle. Very impressive I must say. But why not the sunroof and spoiler?? They gave you a nice deal on ordering one with out those standard features? Or you just didnt want it?
We never ever use the sunroof, so it just becomes:
-An extra 900 dollar expense
-One more thing that could potentially start rattling a few years from now (I know my GS4's sunroof shade sure likes to rattle sometimes!)
-A loss of headroom

The spoiler... just neither of us liked the way it looked. It has no performance advantage either of course in an SUV, so it was just one more unecessary expense that ruined the clean lines of the SUV in our opinions.

The guy taking the order couldn' t have cared less what we ordered and didn't order... his cut was the same percentage no matter what.
Old 11-02-04, 09:49 PM
Threxx
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by LexusLuver
The dimpled underbody might have something to do with aero. like why a golf ball has dimples, reduces drag I believe.

Just some clever Toyota engineering.

Congrats on the new purchase, interior is very nice.

JBL makes awesome audio equipment, especially their older home audio speakers can't be beat, Toyota and Lexus know where to go for the best.

(both owned by Harmon international)
Yep I think it goes (in order from least prestigeous to most)
JBL
Infinity
Harmon Kardon
Mark Levinson

Great company overall.

I'm honestly not that impressed after listening to the JBL system for a while. But maybe I'm just spoiled with the Nak in my GS4 and the extensive aftermarket MB Quart Q-series setup I had in my previous ride. Still can't figure out why they put in a center channel with no DVD-A or SACD source capabilities.
Old 11-02-04, 09:54 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally posted by Threxx
-One more thing that could potentially start rattling a few years from now (I know my GS4's sunroof shade sure likes to rattle sometimes!)
-A loss of headroom

The spoiler... just neither of us liked the way it looked. It has no performance advantage either of course in an SUV, so it was just one more unecessary expense that ruined the clean lines of the SUV in our opinions.

The guy taking the order couldn' t have cared less what we ordered and didn't order... his cut was the same percentage no matter what.

Oh okay, thats understandable.
Old 11-03-04, 08:57 AM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice!

I had an 03 4runner V8 as a rental for a week last year due to an accident, and I felt the power was impressive already, so I can't imagine what the V8 is like.

I love Toyota trucks. Recently traded in my Tacoma for a Tundra. 2nd to my Lexus of course
Old 11-06-04, 09:58 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by Threxx
-A loss of headroom

I agree with you on the sunroof. I never use mine too.

However get the rear spoiler eventually. It completes the truck and enhances the rear of the vehicle somewhat. Without it IMHO, somethings just missing.

I just test drove the 2004 V8 Version and I am sure the V6 is still very good, but the V8 (especially the more HP V8 in 2005 is amazingly powerful and so smooth. 2005 V8's still not available until January 2005 per the Toyota Website and no pricing yet available either from the dealer.
Old 11-07-04, 03:58 AM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

That's one sweet looking ride! Congrats!