Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

No LSUV comparo should be considered complete without a Lexus!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-05, 12:34 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you know what? my dad's 94 4runner with over 150,000 miles on it still moves, plows through snow, and can carry whatever it is that i need to transport... that's simply all an SUV is needed for...

i have to agree with 1sick on this... everything he says makes sense and it is amazing that there are some SUV's out there that can move like a sedan but what's the point of it? i find it to be completely pointless to own an SUV but they do come in handy in the snow or when we go backpacking and there are some challenges on the road that only a SUV can overcome... but otherwise... you want room buy yourself a van, you want speed or sport get yourself a sports sedan ( GS HOLLA ), you want to take you family into the mountains or to the poles... get yourself a SUV... no need for it to move like a racecar...
Old 03-01-05, 04:26 PM
Donger
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
You have pretty much polar opposites with the execution of SUVs (luxury off-road to luxury performance). Thanks for your post.

Your tall too. I was surprised how well I fit in the X5 (6"5 as well). I guess I still don't understand the point though, when you CAN get a wagon with more cargo room and a truly driving experience than a SUV forced to be that way.

The 4.8 is as sporty as they get. I am not taking my words back but I've read some amazing things about that SUV and the Cayenne Turbo when pushed. Basically, its amazing SUVs that heavy, big can be made to handle so "well" for what it is.
I, too, was surprised at what something that tall and heavy can do. I didn't get the X5 to hold stuff (it doesn't), nor to substitue for a sport(y) car. I just fit well in it (I've never fit well in the BMW sedans, it always seemed I was squishing down or leaning to the center). That plus the fact that you sit up a bit higher (in a feeble attempt to see around all the H2's on the road) was a bonus. I'll never confuse it for an M3 or M5, but I enjoy it - and that's what gets you through all those monthly payments.