Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Sad, NSX, S2000, Type-R Integra no-more

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-04, 12:34 AM
Dynasty SC
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Best era was 90-95? That just means you were most impressionable then.

Mercedes has all kinds of turbo and supercharged HUGELY powerful cars right now that all look damn good.

BMW's ruined its line pretty much, although the 645 looks pretty good.

The newest Porsche is easily the best design yet, and the C5 and now C6 vettes are easily the best.

The 350Z and G35 Coupe are great looking cars.

Don't be so pessimistic!
i personally do think the best era was 90-95.... mazda built the best car ever(reliability aside), the RX-7. nobody can match the RX-7's potential and versatility. a 2800lb, perfectly balanced gokart that can be used for drift, tuned for drag, driven for grip all extremely well. there was also the supra, 300zx, 3000gt, NSX, oh and the lotus twin turbo.... cars in this day and age cant compare... the 350z/G35c is a lesser potential Z than its predecessor. mercedes built better cars in the 90's and porsche's "newest design" is really a return to an old design for them... i'll give you that corvettes are coming up in the world... and i'll even throw in the viper as a great car...

oh and BTW.. type R's are hardcore... dogg them all you want, they are probably THE best grip cars ever made. they'll eat you alive on the track.

Last edited by Dynasty SC; 11-05-04 at 12:35 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 05:08 AM
Onelove
Lead Lap

This, combined with Honda's lack of interest towards the import performance / drag racing market is exactly why I am getting rid of my last honda after owning 5 of them . Toyotas from now on for me for daily drivers.
Old 11-05-04, 06:17 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Sick, what magazine did see this article in player?
Old 11-05-04, 07:36 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by msilverIS
Wow... but I'm sure Honda will focus on performance sedans??
BWAHAHAHAHAHA...

Honda will now be left with exactly 0 performance-bred cars and 0 halo cars.

The new RL, even though it's good, can hardly be called either a sports car or a halo car. And people accuse Toyota of plain-vanilla mediocrity??

At least the spy shots of the new Coupe and widebody MR give us hope.

But Honda's next NSX has been on-again, off-again so many times...I'm guessing Honda is realizing the NSX will have no impact on their business...

People who buys Civic and Accords and Pilots in droves could probably care less about the Stook and people in their TSXs, TLs, and MDXs could probably give a crap about the NSX.

If they don't come back with at least one proper RWD sports machine, they'll totally lose my respect...bye-bye Honduh... (you say goodbye, I say hello )

Good...The way is now clear for Toyota to crown themselves World Champion once and for all...

At least the S2000 and NSX will live on in their current form, and maybe that's the best thing yet. No matter the next NSX is like, if there is one, I will always hold the current one in the highest regard. The S2000 is a great machine too. Stupid Honda squandering their little bastions of true excellence away...Booooo...

Last edited by SecPole14; 11-05-04 at 07:41 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 07:41 AM
rogers2
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

After read this thread I took a look at the acura world forum concern this same thread. At this moment I don't know if this article by the UK magazine can be trusted.

Last edited by rogers2; 11-05-04 at 07:43 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 09:10 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by rogers
After read this thread I took a look at the acura world forum concern this same thread. At this moment I don't know if this article by the UK magazine can be trusted.
CAR is one of the top car mags in the world and as hardcore as they come. This has been rumored for some time . The NSX just never sold well anywhere, the Type-R RSX was never sold outside Japan and the S2000 was a car built as a celebration for Honda's 50th anniversary.

Old 11-05-04, 10:05 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's sad news.
Old 11-05-04, 10:12 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 301 Likes on 181 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Best era was 90-95? That just means you were most impressionable then.

Mercedes has all kinds of turbo and supercharged HUGELY powerful cars right now that all look damn good.

BMW's ruined its line pretty much, although the 645 looks pretty good.

The newest Porsche is easily the best design yet, and the C5 and now C6 vettes are easily the best.

The 350Z and G35 Coupe are great looking cars.

Don't be so pessimistic!
I couldn't agree more.

Although I still feel sad that Honda has resigned the NSX and S2000.
Old 11-05-04, 10:56 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

So no more Type-R Integra?

Maybe Honda should keep on its path and discontinue the RSX, Civic and perhaps the two door Accord as well.

Pretty soon all the rice boys out there are going to find themselves without a proper car to fit their status.

Just let Honda go for the SUTs and make the ricers go extinct. Maybe not, maybe they will start driving domestics and Europeans one of these days.

Jon
Old 11-05-04, 11:28 AM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 470 Likes on 362 Posts

Go Toyota! Scion has Honda shaking on the assembly line and they will give up.
Here is an opportunity for Toyota to move into.
Old 11-05-04, 11:35 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by Baby ///M3
So no more Type-R Integra?

Maybe Honda should keep on its path and discontinue the RSX, Civic and perhaps the two door Accord as well.

Pretty soon all the rice boys out there are going to find themselves without a proper car to fit their status.

Just let Honda go for the SUTs and make the ricers go extinct. Maybe not, maybe they will start driving domestics and Europeans one of these days.

Jon
Well lets not forget the discontinued Honda Del Sol and Prelude. This current gen Accord Coupe was made trying to attract ex Prelude buyers. Also include the Acura-CL which is gone as well.

But honestly, with real sports cars now from 20-30k, 350z, RX-8, WRX etc and the resurgance of RWD you can go elsewhere. The current Civic coupe and the Si hatchback are awful. The previous 2 generations were much better, you will even notice how few 3rd gen coupes you see modded.

The coupe market is tough. Give Honda credit for supplying coupes and trying to sell them. Others gave up a long time ago.

Old 11-05-04, 11:49 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Jon

rice boy out there are going to find themselves w/o a proper car???

Last edited by DC52E55; 11-05-04 at 11:54 AM.
Old 11-05-04, 01:39 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Sorry.

I did not intend to be offensive in my remarks.

Ricers usually buy the very beat up versions of these cars and make them horrible in terms of appearance.

In brand new stock forms, these are great cars. My brother's had a Civic and it's a great, fun little car.

Jon

Originally posted by DC52E55

rice boy out there are going to find themselves w/o a proper car???
Old 11-05-04, 01:46 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Indeed. With the demise of the form/performance/appeal of the previous generation Ecplises and MR2s, you can tell how difficult it is to survive in this market segment.

This is a shame, though. Despite the drop in price in sport cars such as the 350Z and RX-8, which remain expensive to insure, I am sure there are still plenty of young buyers who'd rather spend less on both the car and insurance and go for the once popular Integras, Preludes, Ecplises and MR2s.

Jon

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Well lets not forget the discontinued Honda Del Sol and Prelude. This current gen Accord Coupe was made trying to attract ex Prelude buyers. Also include the Acura-CL which is gone as well.

But honestly, with real sports cars now from 20-30k, 350z, RX-8, WRX etc and the resurgance of RWD you can go elsewhere. The current Civic coupe and the Si hatchback are awful. The previous 2 generations were much better, you will even notice how few 3rd gen coupes you see modded.

The coupe market is tough. Give Honda credit for supplying coupes and trying to sell them. Others gave up a long time ago.
Old 11-05-04, 03:31 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry.

I did not intend to be offensive in my remarks.

Ricers usually buy the very beat up versions of these cars and make them horrible in terms of appearance.

In brand new stock forms, these are great cars. My brother's had a Civic and it's a great, fun little car.

Jon
haha.. all good. i was just joking and i admit that my car is ricy.

Quick Reply: Sad, NSX, S2000, Type-R Integra no-more