Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Ferrari and maserati dealership fire

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-04, 02:04 AM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

wow that really sux
Old 11-08-04, 03:12 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by chuckb
that's disturbing. I wonder how the motors,trans etc. made out. How would you like to go to that "used parts" sale
Looking at those pictures the cars look like they delt with some extreme heat, Im willing to bet the engines have warped, you probably could pick up some really cheap project cars but it would be a costly to restore it, don't think you can find exotic engines on ebay.

To see such fine works of art destroyed is sad and to think all those cars where hand made, how come this never happens to a used car dealer where the cars should be torched.
Old 11-08-04, 06:31 AM
CdeFabio
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Unhappy

That is very sad!
Old 11-08-04, 07:13 AM
Milla...

Hmmm that fire looks very thorough sparing nothing. If I didn't know any better I'd say that was a professional job.
Old 11-08-04, 10:53 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by 04GS300
Damn a 250 GTO?

Bueller? Bueller???
I think it was one like this, very rare!!!!

Old 11-08-04, 11:38 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by sweetsc400
Does anyone know how the fire started?
Obviously, this is just speculation on my part and not necessarily fact, but my strong guess is that some strongly left-wing, envronmental, anti-car Dutch individual or group set this fire. Those people in Europe are similiar to the strong Anti-SUV crowd in this country....symbolized by people like Arianna Huffington.
That Dutch dealership sold vehicles that were real gas-guzzlers....just like the big SUV's in this country, which are generally not sold in Europe. Holland, as many of you know, politically is one of the most liberal, left-wing countries in Europe. So.....because these extreme left-wing Dutch anti-car environmentalists couldn't hit a big-SUV dealership, they hit a place that sells powerful, gas-guzzling sports cars instead.
Just my humble opinion.....but I would not be a bit surprised if the investigation turns up arson.
Old 11-08-04, 12:40 PM
Milla...

Originally posted by mmarshall
Obviously, this is just speculation on my part and not necessarily fact, but my strong guess is that some strongly left-wing, envronmental, anti-car Dutch individual or group set this fire. Those people in Europe are similiar to the strong Anti-SUV crowd in this country....symbolized by people like Arianna Huffington.
That Dutch dealership sold vehicles that were real gas-guzzlers....just like the big SUV's in this country, which are generally not sold in Europe. Holland, as many of you know, politically is one of the most liberal, left-wing countries in Europe. So.....because these extreme left-wing Dutch anti-car environmentalists couldn't hit a big-SUV dealership, they hit a place that sells powerful, gas-guzzling sports cars instead.
Just my humble opinion.....but I would not be a bit surprised if the investigation turns up arson.
One look at that fire nothing else makes much sence. I too say arson.
Old 11-09-04, 01:56 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

ROFL, a left wing conspicacy.
I wouldn't put my money on that.
Old 11-09-04, 02:01 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Richie
I think it was one like this, very rare!!!!

The thought of this car in flames makes my stomach sick
Old 11-09-04, 05:05 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by Richie
ROFL, a left wing conspicacy.
I wouldn't put my money on that.
Vandalism against SUV's and SUV dealers for political reasons is not rare by any means here in America. Holland is even more environmental and left-wing, in some cases, than the U.S. And American-style large SUV's like the Suburban and Excursion are generally not sold in Europe. So.....what is the next most-likely target for these people? You got it......big-engined, gas-guzzing sports cars.
Can I prove it? No....of course not. At least not now....or until the investigation is over, or until some person or group takes credit for it. And, yes...it could have even been an insurance scam....they are fairly common too.
But I still think that political vandalism here is a very likely cause. As far as "putting money on it", though, Im going to decline that.....it would probably be against CL forum rules to use a thread for betting purposes.
Old 11-10-04, 08:47 AM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

That is just nuts!

Can't stop looking at the pics.
Old 11-10-04, 09:01 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by LCA575
That is just nuts!

Can't stop looking at the pics.
yep i feel ya what a waste....

CEO
Old 11-10-04, 09:38 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Vandalism against SUV's and SUV dealers for political reasons is not rare by any means here in America. Holland is even more environmental and left-wing, in some cases, than the U.S. And American-style large SUV's like the Suburban and Excursion are generally not sold in Europe. So.....what is the next most-likely target for these people? You got it......big-engined, gas-guzzing sports cars.
Can I prove it? No....of course not. At least not now....or until the investigation is over, or until some person or group takes credit for it. And, yes...it could have even been an insurance scam....they are fairly common too.
But I still think that political vandalism here is a very likely cause. As far as "putting money on it", though, Im going to decline that.....it would probably be against CL forum rules to use a thread for betting purposes.
I think you have a very wrong picture of Holland.
One thing you cannot call it is left wing, it's more central, maybe even right wing.
We also get the Ford Excursion, H2 and Suburban.
Old 11-10-04, 02:34 PM
AA Concepts
Pole Position

It could just be my monitor but the front plate looks like it says "GHEY"

Last edited by LCA575; 11-10-04 at 02:39 PM.
Old 11-10-04, 03:06 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by Burnout86
owww....that just reminds me of what happened at a shop that specializes in Nissan Z's

Z1 Disaster (clicky clicky)
Ouch! Please dont post any more of these im getting really sick...

CEO

Quick Reply: Ferrari and maserati dealership fire