Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

at last a ticket!

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-04, 08:46 PM
ntran18
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
but we also get a lot of cops out there who's there to just trying to meet their quotas every month on giving out tickets (don't argue on this, it's a fact already, a cop admitted to me in person)
I disagree. It's not a quota. That's against the law. They don't break the laws. It is call job security and career advancement.
Old 11-09-04, 08:54 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY

I can't talk much though because it finally caught up to me as well the other day getting an 81 in a 50 zone.....in NY thats 8 pts on your license.

Needless to say, I am calming down myself as well
You can honestly add 8 steps to your insurance just for one ticket?

I had 25 over the speed limit and it got me *only* 3 steps... which in my opinion is rediculous. It must have something to do with the magistrate in this are being a total pain in the posterior. (less than 1% of tickets are dropped.)
Old 11-09-04, 09:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by ntran18
There is a HUGH difference between perks of the job and contradicting your duties and responsibilities. We always hear speeding is dangerous and kills. If so why are the very authorities who tell us this, contradicting themselves. Driving in clear conditions that is over the posted limit, is not the same as gunning it. So it comes down to 1) It isn't as dangerous as they claim or 2) they are just a much a danger as everyone they accuse. Just because it is a law does not make right or correct. Just my 2 cents.

The limitations of any radar detector is just that. It warns you when there is a signal similar to their radar guns nearby or in the direction of. V1 and all the rest DOES NOT tell you where the police are. Whoever can make such a device will be very wealthy.
well, the v1 will tell you where the signal is from, that's why it got the arrows.... and it works like a charm too
Old 11-09-04, 09:04 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by ntran18
I disagree. It's not a quota. That's against the law. They don't break the laws. It is call job security and career advancement.
hahaha ok, what a nice way to put it
Old 11-10-04, 07:01 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by verylost
Because part of the system is corrupt. However, that doesn't give us the right to break the law either. If you do see a police officer breaking the law, report him. If nothing happens, keep trying until it gets resolved.

You also need to remember that cops have a very special and important job. They are there to protect us. They are there to be shot at by criminals. On any given day, they might not come home to their families. Do you remember the news footage of 9/11? Which way were the police running? Towards or away from the towers?

Don't you think that the risk they take at work gives them some leeway when it comes to the law? This may be just my opinion, but I believe those who are police officers, firefighters, and military servicemen deserve way more leniency when it comes to common law.

Is possible death included in your job description?
There is no leeway in the law especially for those who play a role in enforcing it. LEO's are and should be held to the highest standard. How can you enforce a standard if you dont follow that standard, that would be corruption of the worst sort and that is not America.
Old 11-10-04, 07:05 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by T.L.W.
i think thats a little messed up

i think your more help to people if you are alive

the people that did run there to save lives might have lost them when the towers did fall

what help were they then ?

if you really think about it all hell is breaking loose and you have no idea whats going on

where would you be running ....Towards or away from the towers?

This says it all

John 15:13 - Greater love has no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends.
Old 11-10-04, 07:19 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Like I said, "MAYBE NOT THE BEST EXAMPLES".

My point was explaining why cops get to get off on tickets, not if it was right or wrong or if my examples were the best for the analogy!

And I guarantee, if any one of you were cops.....

YOU WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING! (at least most of you would, be honest)
Old 11-10-04, 08:47 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by WhiteTiger
Like I said, "MAYBE NOT THE BEST EXAMPLES".

My point was explaining why cops get to get off on tickets, not if it was right or wrong or if my examples were the best for the analogy!

And I guarantee, if any one of you were cops.....

YOU WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING! (at least most of you would, be honest)
haha, that's why i don't think i will be a cop? i will just ask my friends to be cops
Old 11-10-04, 05:28 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

The luck some people have

I can't believe the cop actually said he respects the car you drive, where do you find police like that?

I have had cops pull up next to me while I'm not speeding, chilling in the third lane, look over into my car, notice I'm not wearing my seatbelt, pull me over and issue a ticket. In the process, making me late for work about 20mins, no amount of explaining I did could convince this cop, he was intent on giving me a ticket for SOMETHING. Honest mistake, on that day I was in such a rush I forgot to put my seat belt on.

I wonder why he looked into my car in the first place
Old 11-10-04, 08:51 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by Technics
The luck some people have

I can't believe the cop actually said he respects the car you drive, where do you find police like that?

I have had cops pull up next to me while I'm not speeding, chilling in the third lane, look over into my car, notice I'm not wearing my seatbelt, pull me over and issue a ticket. In the process, making me late for work about 20mins, no amount of explaining I did could convince this cop, he was intent on giving me a ticket for SOMETHING. Honest mistake, on that day I was in such a rush I forgot to put my seat belt on.

I wonder why he looked into my car in the first place
hahah coz' he was trying to see if you were wearing seat belt? j/k
Old 11-10-04, 09:23 PM
jonathancl
Racer

Received 365 Likes on 254 Posts
Default Re: Re: at last a ticket!

Originally posted by rodel
You got hella lucky! I got a good shafting recently, let's just say it cost me $2700. I no longer go faster than the flow of traffic.
i wanna know what you did that cost that much. in fact, you'd better tell all of us.
$2700 is much better spent on modz.
Old 11-10-04, 10:43 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

i have some serious "incedents", most of which were in my hot roddin youth in anchorage, alaska:

-122 in a 55- spent a night in jail for that one, my infamous ford contour (modded) was impounded, and it was all around a bad night...i still cant believe my parents never found out. fine was $990, + the impuond fees, (about $150).

-paced at 53 in a 40-Let go because i was 17 and i was on my way to a recruiter station to enlist...cop was a hardcore republican LOL.

-lasered at 47 in a 20- happened 1 month before i moved to TX, when i moved i transferred my liscense/tags and ins to TX immediately, and the ticket got lost in cyberspace i guess. i was never notified of any warrants. i paid it, but it never showed on my driving record, fine was $385. my insurance co. never caught it.

-clocked at 42 in a 35- recieved a warning.

-clocked at 50 in a 35- cop was a friend from down the street who said if i dont slow the F*** down he would tell my folks (i was 16 at the time).

-Rear ended a doddge pickup truck in the contour, i was NOT speeding for a change, got a citation for Failure to Avoid Collision. fine was $285. i paid $90 in court costs and paid $25 to take a DDC, the rest was waived.

-changing lanes without signaling, it was 3am, i was LITERALLY the only one on the road, except for the cop that was sitting at the light i had just passed. $45 and i was on my way. in achorage if you pay cash at the issuing courthouse within 48 hrs it doesnt go on your driving record.

-running a red light. i SLID through a red light, and actually only about halfway through it. i got halfway through with all 4 tires locked, and when i realized iw asnt going to be able to stop in time, i just gunned it. cop was an ***, i contested ( i was only doing 25 in a 40, it had just rained and there was water over 2 inches of ice!) and he didnt show, case dismissed.

-unsafe driving- was spinning reverse brodys in a school parking lot, paid the $130 in 48 hrs, and it never showed.

various non moving violations.

i think thats it...never been gotten for the big one, street racing, probably cause i dont do it.

Cops don't really have any extraordinarily selfish motives to put themselves in such situations to protect our lives. It's not the money. It's not the fame. In today's society, a cop really isn't looked up to anymore. But day after day, they put themselvs on the line to protect us. As long as they continue to put their uniform on everyday, they will continue to have my respect.
Hell Yes. Agreed, Nuff said!

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 11-10-04 at 10:51 PM.
Old 11-22-04, 08:57 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

I think i bring it upon myself...

- 75 in a 30 zone: inside my community (Fairbanks Ranch in RSF); security pulled me over but it was my buddy and he just warned me...for the 20th time

- 35 in a 15 zone: in front of my lil sis's school when i was late picking her up...just garbled a bunch of mandarin and "solly, i dun undastanda...i juss come fom taiwan...i so solly" ....got fed up and gave me a warning

- 65 in a 30 zone: Newcastle Country Club area in Seattle...told him I was going to miss my tee time... he believed me and let me off with a warning... i think it was the car that let me off tho... my uncle's 1954 300 SL (apparently a lot of people drive nice cars really fast up there?)

- 95 on the the freeway: 52 W onto the 805 N; was doing the curve at about 135, merged onto the 805 by cutting across all four lanes into the far left, luckily got into a position where it was COP - CAR - ME, so by the time the car moved and the COP clocked me i had slammed on my brakes long enough to go down to only 95...bastard says he KNEW i was doing well over 100, but he didn't have any estimates, only the 95 on his radar...so i told him you either give me 95 or see me in court...gave me the ticket

- 91 on the freeway: 56 E, flung myself into the fast lane to pass a line of cars stuck behind a slow one and when i crest the hill right before Black Mtn. Road exit, a motorcycle cop under the bridge tags me...i slow down and try to pretend like i'm not doing anything wrong...exit off on BMRoad but the bastard follows me off and pulls me over.

- apparently you can't also go offroading around construction sites? i mobbed the G around Black Mountain Road and Carmel Valley while they were building stuff...i got a warning for that...
Attached Thumbnails at last a ticket!-img_0498.jpg  

Last edited by jracerlmn; 11-22-04 at 08:57 PM.
Old 03-19-05, 02:33 AM
omaha_lex
Pole Position

I know this is kind of an older thread, but whatever...

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
65 in a 30 zone: Newcastle Country Club area in Seattle...told him I was going to miss my tee time... he believed me and let me off with a warning... i think it was the car that let me off tho... my uncle's 1954 300 SL (apparently a lot of people drive nice cars really fast up there?)
OMG!!! You are one lucky SOB to be able to drive a piece of automotive history like a 54 300SL!!!

BTW, why do you need bulletproof armor??? Are you that important/hunted???

Last edited by omaha_lex; 03-19-05 at 02:36 AM.