Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus repeat buyers speak up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 08:06 PM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

I'm on my 2nd ES (first one was a rare '96 Coach Edition model). Lexus has won me over based on their much-hyped ratings, quality, service, reliability, luxury, comfort, and so on and so forth

BTW welcome to CL sir!
Old 11-15-04, 09:49 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to CL saab9-3!!

25 lexus sure is alot!! This is my first lexus (1992 sc400) but my family all drive toyota vehicles. I'm the only person in my family that drives a lex. If I was to get rid of my lexus, I'd get another lexus or toyota vehicle only because of comfort and reliability.
Old 11-15-04, 10:04 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by chuckb
I got hooked in on an ES and then kept it and went right to a GS430

Sicklex-are you sportin one of these? My family had one and loved it.
My sister is We have that identical color 929. My mother had a loaded 1992, totaled it. My mom was so impressed, she had to have another identical one. So she got a 1995 same color. Passed it on to my sister in college. I've driven it to 130mph, drifted in it (funny before I knew what drifting was) since it is RWD and it is not as well built as my 92 ES, it is close and very spacious. No major issues, Mazda gets the from us.

Old 11-15-04, 10:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man this is amazing, congrats man! i can't believe you got 25 lexus in these few yrs!

i am a repeat customer. i bought my gs4, and now i have a is3, and soon enough we will see if there is going to be another lexus in my garage
Old 11-16-04, 12:24 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm a two Lexus owner. I was first introduced to Lexus with my moms 92 ES300. Good car but it wasn't for me. My sister also has a 99 ES300. Again, not a car for me. Our first Lexus came in 2003 with the purchase of a new 2004 RX330 for my wife. I'm not an SUV person but my wifes loves the car and I actually like the feel of it even if it has SUV handling. I always wanted to try an SC400 so I bought a used 93 SC400 this year. Nobody can fault Lexus reliability even if things do go wrong, so I'll probably will buy another Lexus provided they make a car I like. Right now I like the current GS430 but probably wont buy one since my friends have about 4-5 of them amongst themselves. The LS430 is not my type of car, so I'll have to see how the new 06 GS430 looks like in person. I was a bit dissapointed by the early pictures of the 06 GS, but I will reserve final judgement when I see it in person and when the aftermarket gets their hands on it. Eitherway, the new GS is my only hope of getting into a new Lexus unless they do something really special with the new LS.
Old 11-16-04, 02:56 AM
2ndchance
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm on my second SC...but not necessarily by choice.
Old 11-16-04, 07:25 AM
Milla...

Ok I don't feel so bad now I've had about 10 or 11 over the years leasing between two cars (I've lost more money on some than others early returns etc). A few months ago I had 3 at one time like youself which someone challanged because they thought that it was unrealistic, thats another story though. A few months back I had an LS430 I moved that out (got board with it) for the new A8L although difficult I've been talked into waiting on that so currently I have the two below. I've always liked lexus, always, for many of the same reasons mentioned above. Will I always stay with Lexus maybe maybe not but then again thats what I said back in 95. I'd say I've been quite loyal but that in no way mean I'm dedicated. What I mean is as long as Lexus keeps coming with it I'll have no reason to change, but the moment they change in the areas that attract me i.e looks, comfort, quality, service etc. I'll look else where regardless of their reputation or popular opinion. Sir welcome to the boards its a pleasure to have you with us. 25 is a big number for one make but in my eyes its surely not impossible if by myself am able to go through 10-11 between two models.

Last edited by Milla...; 11-16-04 at 07:29 AM.
Old 11-16-04, 10:59 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally posted by joshthorsc
Welcome to CL saab9-3!!

25 lexus sure is alot!! This is my first lexus (1992 sc400) but my family all drive toyota vehicles. I'm the only person in my family that drives a lex. If I was to get rid of my lexus, I'd get another lexus or toyota vehicle only because of comfort and reliability.
Welcome saab9-3. You're starting to be be very popular here on CL and speaking of loyalty, You just won Most Loyal Lexus Owner

Our immediate families owned 3 corollas, 1 previa, 1 camry and 1 avalon. And I am the only one with the Lexus and looking to lease a GX. On a practicality and day to day basis, I think reliability is one of the top factor why we stick to a specific maker.........ahem, Toyota/Lexus.

Sure other car makers make excellent cars too, but most of us would rather driver our car than to keep bringing the car to get it serviced
Old 11-16-04, 02:19 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Welcome...I have had a few My family has had enough that we automatically get discounts from the Lexus dealer...after we have haggled on a price. I am selling one of my Lexus though (hopefully to a family member since they can appreciate the care I have given the car)...and am going to get into something significantly faster and CARB legal
Old 11-16-04, 06:04 PM
RayGS3
Lexus Test Driver

man...25 is really some number and have 9 RX in few years...gee, you really like to change.

I used to own a RX and impressed by its quality. Now I have a GS3 and like it very much.

Welcome to CL
Old 11-17-04, 08:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RayGS3
man...25 is really some number and have 9 RX in few years...gee, you really like to change.

I used to own a RX and impressed by its quality. Now I have a GS3 and like it very much.

Welcome to CL
hey i didn't know you got a rx3 before the gs3 must be a lot more fun, hehe
Old 11-18-04, 05:46 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally posted by rominl
hey i didn't know you got a rx3 before the gs3 must be a lot more fun, hehe
Yes....until it snows. Then an RX is worth its weight in gold. And it DOES snow in Ohio...Guaranteed.
Old 11-18-04, 01:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by mmarshall
Yes....until it snows. Then an RX is worth its weight in gold. And it DOES snow in Ohio...Guaranteed.
haha well i can't guarantee, but i don't think snow is something most of us would worry about here in cali
Old 11-18-04, 04:24 PM
alexulan
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

25 WOW!

This is my second Toyota.
My 88 I drove for twelve years same car.
Donated that 88 Celica GTS hatchback to charity.
Stil had original clutch, no major work of any kind and over 200K in miles. Still ran strong.
With that kind of reliablity.....
Bought my GS 400 new in 2000 and plan to keep that another five years minumum.

At a rate of one Toyota every ten years or so i dought I will hit 10 let alone 25!
Old 11-18-04, 07:51 PM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 47 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally posted by slawek65
HI, how big is Your's garage? 25 cars!!! HA HA HA
whats wrong with a 25 car garage?

CEO

Quick Reply: Lexus repeat buyers speak up!