Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Lexus repeat buyers speak up!

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-04, 04:31 PM
saab9-3
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lexus repeat buyers speak up!

Hello. I have been lurking on these forums for awhile and I just recently joined to ask a question on the LX470 forum. A few days ago I bought my 25th Lexus since the company was started, and I wanted to know how loyal Lexus owners are overall. Are there a lot of repeat buyers here? What kept bringing you guys back to the brand? I know everytime I go looking for a new car, I look at everything else, but still end up at the Lexus dealership because of the absolutely unmatched comfort and value levels.

P.S. These are some great forums! I can't believe I waited this long to join.
Old 11-15-04, 04:35 PM
slawek65
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

HI, how big is Your's garage? 25 cars!!! HA HA HA
Old 11-15-04, 04:36 PM
LexFather

Default Re: Lexus repeat buyers speak up!

Originally posted by saab9-3
Hello. I have been lurking on these forums for awhile and I just recently joined to ask a question on the LX470 forum. A few days ago I bought my 25th Lexus since the company was started, and I wanted to know how loyal Lexus owners are overall. Are there a lot of repeat buyers here? What kept bringing you guys back to the brand? I know everytime I go looking for a new car, I look at everything else, but still end up at the Lexus dealership because of the absolutely unmatched comfort and value levels.

Wow 25!! That is incredible. My family tried all sorts of vehicles. I bought the 1st Lexus and they slowly switched over. Its so contagious, friends and co-workers follow suite. So now we are a Lexus only family with the paid off Mazda 929. Its a combination of factors, one is reliability is tops, the interior comfort and features are tops and the cars are attractive to own and look at. Add great dealer service, low maintenance and now great enthusiasts and clubs and its a no-brainer until its Ferrari/Porcshe time. Basically I can't really see buying an opposing car in Lexus market. I can see buying a car that Lexus does not make, like a M3 etc.

Old 11-15-04, 04:57 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

Wow, 25 Lexus, that's amazing Have you posted & vote in THIS THREAD yet ?
Old 11-15-04, 05:00 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

25 new cars in 14 years? ( Lexus started around 1990 ) You must trade every 6-7 months or so. Even if you have a 3-car garage, that's still a new car every 18 months or so. You must really be taking a bath on depreciation.
But if you can afford them....enjoy them.
To answer your specific question, yes.....in many cases, once you've had a Lexus you're either hooked or almost hooked. I've had a Lexus for 4 years now....a yellow IS300.....and I have not SERIOUSLY considered any other brand of car in the meantime except the new 2005 Subaru Legacy / Outback...trust me, THAT is one NICE product for the money. Hyundai and Kia are giving excellent bargains for the money and are building quality products now too, but there isn't anything they make that really turns me on as my personal car.
Old 11-15-04, 05:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

A few days ago I bought my 25th Lexus since the company was started,
Dave..... I dunno but I think that might be a CL record. And.......from a brand-new member at that.

(saab 9-3..... I'm referring to DaveGS4, the forum administrator)

Where did your 9-3 nickname come from? Did you formerly own Saabs? I ask because the 9-3 name is not that old.
Old 11-15-04, 05:14 PM
saab9-3
Rookie

oh wow- I know it's a lot (it's an addiction!) but I doubt it would be any kind of record.

As for the Saab name, I started using it on a forum back when I had a 9-3 convert back in '99 and I just kind of stuck with it.

And yes, we do switch cars pretty often. Some models are more strongly represented in the 25 number than others. For instance, we've had 9 RX's, but no ES or IS models.

Last edited by saab9-3; 11-15-04 at 05:19 PM.
Old 11-15-04, 05:25 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

oh wow- I know it's a lot (it's an addiction!) but I doubt it would be any kind of record.

As for the Saab name, I started using it on a forum back when I had a 9-3 convert back in '99 and I just kind of stuck with it.

I see you're from Ohio.....a state with a lot of snow, ice, and some really beat-up frost-heaved and potholed roads...especially in the northeastern part of the state near Lake Erie. A 9-3 would make at least a fairly good snow car.
Old 11-15-04, 05:30 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

saab9-3,

Welcome to Club Lexus. I can say from my own personal experience that I would probably always drive a Lexus or a Toyota product......even if I no longer worked for Lexus, I'd still buy a Lexus or Toyota. I have leased 3 so far, but I think you win the prize for the most Lexus'...WOW! 9 RX's..that's a lot. They are great cars. (Now if I was to win the lottery, that would be another matter!)

Last edited by AsianGirl007; 11-15-04 at 05:32 PM.
Old 11-15-04, 05:54 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,287 Likes on 1,393 Posts

Welcome to ClubLexus!

I'm a repeat Lexus buyer. Bought my LS after my GS because of the experience. Two Toyotas previous to that.

Saab - you know that you can't count the Lexus service loaners in Lexus cars you actually 'own', right?

Oh and Brian, why didn't you list your 02 S2000 in your signature? (* I lurk on a LOT of different forums *)

Last edited by DaveGS4; 11-15-04 at 06:02 PM.
Old 11-15-04, 06:03 PM
saab9-3
Rookie

Originally posted by DaveGS4
I'm a repeat Lexus buyer. Bought my LS after my GS because of the experience. Two Toyotas previous to that.

Saab - you know that you can't count the Lexus service loaners in Lexus cars you actually 'own', right?

Oh and Brian, why didn't you list your 02 S2000 in that list? (* I'm on a LOT of different forums *)
The S2k is actually on its way out- the lease is up in a few days. Three years came too soon! The garage looks kind of goofy right now because I jammed the s2000 and the SC430 into the same spot . I almost took a picture of it today- three nice white Lexi, and a dirty blue S2000 jammed in the corner

Last edited by saab9-3; 11-15-04 at 06:06 PM.
Old 11-15-04, 07:02 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Welcome to the site! Wow. 25 is something. We need to take up a collection to award you Mr. Lexus. I'm serious, no joke. That's a lot of loyalty there. I have two lexus cars. The first caused me to get the second. It has been a pleasure to own and even going for service seems okay. You get a car and good treatment. I usually meet a car guy and enjoy the visit. My modded sc has become an attraction at the dealership. Guys look it over in and out. The technicians enjoy working on it. They treat me well. I'm planning on keeping it forever....unless I get an offer I can't refuse! The ES will be traded one day but I still love it, too.
Old 11-15-04, 07:25 PM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

I'm on my second SC400. My first one saved my butt in an accident a couple years ago so I bought another one soon after. This will not be my last Lex by any means but my next car will be an FX35. I need an SUV and the RX doesn't offer enough HP.
Old 11-15-04, 07:27 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got hooked in on an ES and then kept it and went right to a GS430

Sicklex-are you sportin one of these? My family had one and loved it.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus repeat buyers speak up!-006881-e.jpg  
Old 11-15-04, 07:44 PM
Fiya
Lead Lap

I'm 20 and have owned 2 SC300's and I don't think I'll ever buy from another company. It's way too cool to say "I'm taking the Lex "

Quick Reply: Lexus repeat buyers speak up!