Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Some Lexus bashing from the VWVortex...

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-04, 10:29 AM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some Lexus bashing from the VWVortex...

http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=1698162

Lexus is quite likely the most overrated brand ever established in recent automotive history. The majority of their products represent nothing more than warmed over Toyotas with a bad Donald Trump combover. They are the epitome of luxury... for the ignorant, inept and uneducated. If you want a reliable, leather clad Interstate highway and suburban-road appliance with a nameplate even more greatly overstated than BOSE with interior pushbutton componentry on-par with the finest Fisher Price has to offer, a Lexus may be just the car for you.
Old 11-24-04, 10:43 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

We do not cross post flaming threads.

So, let's be civil or "the lock"

I should point out however what i should really do is CLOSE THIS because you posted that only to cause strife when the REAL comments can be seen below.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 11-24-04 at 10:49 AM.
Old 11-24-04, 10:47 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Also, let's point out that you started your post here to cause strife when what the guy REALLY posted over there was.

SC430- By far the most impressive Lexus of all. Like the IS300, it doesn't have the blatant Toyota-ness that its siblings like the GS400 and LS430 have. I drove a black on teak-leather example and it was absolutely gorgeous! After driving it, I'd take one of these over an Audi TT for my personal urban speedster in a heartbeat. If only they came in a manual... Handling is good, power is good, comfort is good, switchgear is good... man, this is a great car! I love it. Wonder how much these are going for used... RATING: 9/10

RX330- No, this isn't a true off-roader, though it's fun to drive off-road in minor cases anyway. It's small, very controllable, nimble and really quite fun to drive! I took it through the course five times in a row. It shouldn't be this fun, but for some reason it is. It's a cute little 'ute, and perfect for small families or couples for urban traffic and weekend getaways into the mountains alike. Though pricey, I'd look CPO for this one definitely. Superb comfort and ergnomics. I love it! Really! RATING: 8/10
GX400- It didn't even dawn on me that this thing was a reskinned 4RUNNER until passatdream told me. They did a nice job covering that up! This is a great size 'ute to pack a few friends into for an off-road trip to go hiking or rafting. Soaks up the bumps like a sponge, coddles you in comfort... it actually makes off-roading boring. No jarring surprises, just floating quietly along like a bumpy road. Acceptably capable in most scenerios. Slick. Really slick. RATING: 8/10
IS300- Yet another hot sedan I was happy to finally get behind the wheel of. Although too 'boy-racer' for me, this is a fun sports sedan to drive. Handles well, power is decent, and fit and finish is acceptable. The chronograph gauge cluster is handsome and the automatic gear **** looks straight out of a Ferrari- love it, but wouldn't want to touch it on a summer's afternoon in Dallas. It feels more serious and geared toward enthusiasts who actually are competent about cars than Lexus' other offerings. I really wish they had a manual to try out. The IS300 is still too small for me, but this would make an outstanding buy on the CPO market, especially with Lexus' top notch service. That's where my recommendation would lie. Start combing eBay, folks! RATING: 7/10
Old 11-24-04, 10:48 AM
GS3Tek

Received 168 Likes on 127 Posts

That's ok. They can bash all they want. My Lexus is still running without a problem.
Just too bland..... sorry I don't know my service dept. too well

But wait,
who was one that had the worst reliability ? <cough> VW <cough>
what top of their line car had the worst sale ?<cough> Vw<cough>
I don't want to cough too much

If you want a reliable, leather clad Interstate............. a Lexus may be just the car for you

Yes, a Lexus is for me
Old 11-24-04, 10:49 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

GS3Tek , it helps to read the thread. The guy was very subjective.
Old 11-24-04, 10:50 AM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Did you see me flame anyone? calling names? I didn't even state an opinion!
All I did was bring to Clublexus owners, what some of the Passat owners out there think of them...
Old 11-24-04, 10:53 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

All I did was bring to Clublexus owners, what some of the Passat owners out there think of them...
= strife.

Let's not play "who is the idiot" in this thread. You quoted the one line where he bashed the product and linked the thread. In reality his reviews were very subjective. Quit acting like you did not post this to get a raise.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 11-24-04 at 10:54 AM.
Old 11-24-04, 10:54 AM
IsraelRX
Pole Position

Originally posted by O. L. T.
We do not cross post flaming threads.

So, let's be civil or "the lock"

I should point out however what i should really do is CLOSE THIS because you posted that only to cause strife when the REAL comments can be seen below.

I can't belive you critisize me The guy wrote the statement I quoted to make sure what he thinks of LExus and the ones buying it, in case people didn't feel like reading the whole thread, It was his conclusion!!! and he is sticking to it throughout the thread....
I am shocked at your patronizing tone towards me
Old 11-24-04, 10:55 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

alright, be that way.

NO STRIFE LINKING.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 11-24-04 at 11:02 AM.