Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mangled R34 GTR, 3 Killed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-04, 05:57 AM
LexFather

Here is what people that knew the owner think on the Australia GT-R forum

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/for...ad.php?t=56637

The UK GT-R forum
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/sh...light=ACCIDENT

Old 11-25-04, 06:01 AM
LexFather

my cousin and i were the first person on the scene, it happened 2 doors down. my skyline was about 20 metres away.
i was telling people to turn hazards lights on their cars who were trying to drive past and call 000. as i approached the wreck, between the engine of the car and the actual car were 2 men thrown from it, one man had a fence on him, i pulled that off him. i checked both pulses, and got none.. solomn times. i put rugs over the bodies, although people kept pulling them off to have a look, there was the girls hand though a gap in the wreck against the powerpole, clenched in a fist, same, no pulse. nothing anyone could do. fuel was running everywhere, the police came and made the scene safe, and waited about 2 hours for forensic officers to come. i pulled the front bar aside to see if it actually was an R34 and the plates said it all, EVLR34... there was skid marks before the crash and then (if anyone knows chamberland road in Wyoming) there is a big dip in the road, where they think he got airborn and crossed the road and into the pole.. no-one touching much and no-one talking much. i went home to sydney at about 11, so i dont know what happened after that. condolences to the family and friends. not a pretty site. TOM..

Old 11-25-04, 07:34 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Miss Schyf and Mr Homer, who met two years ago through friends, had just moved into a new home to start a family with their first child -- a boy -- and were already thinking of names."

So they met when she was 13 and he was 31.....
Old 11-25-04, 07:40 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally posted by Davtown
Here is that car before the accident

beautiful pic...
That's a beautiful car, what a shame
Old 11-25-04, 07:45 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Holy Smoke! How fast was that car going? I have LITERALLY seen cars come out of the crusher in better shape than that.

If THAT picture doesn't convince people to slow down, nothing will.
Old 11-25-04, 10:58 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

100 km/hr = 62mph
Old 11-25-04, 11:44 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
man that's very sad quote
Old 11-25-04, 12:16 PM
Pagong
Lexus Test Driver

wow what a horrible crash.

But can i get to the topic of statutory rape? they met when she was 13 and he was 31...and got her pregnant at 15! Is there no law in Australia about this?
Old 11-25-04, 01:22 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Cadd
100 km/hr = 62mph
Originally posted by Soarer_25GTT
Shortly after, he died instantly along with passengers Carl Homer, 33, and Mr Homer's 15-year-old, seven-month pregnant, girlfriend Natasha Schyf, when they crashed into a power pole at speeds estimated at up to 200km/h.
200 km/hr = ~124 mph

I have used that picture I posted up on the first page as a desktop background on occasion... but I dunno anymore...
Old 11-25-04, 05:37 PM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Said day. Like what 13310 says.

"Don't drive faster than your guardian angel can fly"

nice car, but stupid is as stupid does.

Also, my brother wrecked his 67 Mustang about 2 hours ago,
Old 11-25-04, 06:24 PM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Such a shame. I'm not surprised to see the car in 2 bits after reading the bit where he hit a pole at speeds of over 200 km/h. May God be with their families. Imagine how that's going to make the parents feel, especially the Father...he'll probably be blaming himself for not letting him drive the car under his supervision or something.

Last edited by Falcon LS; 11-25-04 at 06:26 PM.
Old 11-25-04, 07:21 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Senator
Also, my brother wrecked his 67 Mustang about 2 hours ago,
Is he OK?

by wrecked I'm guessing you mean totaled Sad... but as long as he is alright then that is all that matters
Old 11-25-04, 09:26 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by jtanoyo1
"Miss Schyf and Mr Homer, who met two years ago through friends, had just moved into a new home to start a family with their first child -- a boy -- and were already thinking of names."

So they met when she was 13 and he was 31.....
I also was shocked when I read he was 33 and she was 15, but if you read other forums that know these people the guy was actually 23 and not 33. That was a typo on the article. Stil, a 23 year old with a 7 month old 15 year old Then to drive at 200kph with your pregnant fiance is just moronic. It is sad that 3 lives were lost, but how stupid can you be? When my wife was pregnant with our son I made it a point to drive extra careful when she was in the car.
Old 11-25-04, 11:41 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

its incidents like this which gives young people like me a bad name. i agree totally that if you don;t have the experience then there is no way you should try something like showing off in a high power sports car. i think, regardless of you age, that if you have the experience handling cars of that nature in a closed environment (track) then you should have the privelage of driving a powerful machine on the street. at the very least, the government should put up a separate license so that you have to pass a test to be able to drive these kinds of cars. im not sayin everybody which a tuned car go do that, but cars over 600hp (unless they are 600hp+ in stock form) should require a separate license or a separate designation on said license unless you are over a said age. (likely 22+ so your done with school)

anyways, thats my rant

man.. makes you think about whats important. this guy was 3000+ miles away and gets called up and told his son was killed in a car accident. most of the times in accidents like this, its the people families who suffer the most. the people are dead and gone, its the families who shoulder their burdens. those three families will never be the same.

reminds me of a quote
"Ex Vi Termini"
its latin for "With Strength Comes Limits"

(and yes, that as lifted from www.exvitermini.com)
Old 11-26-04, 04:22 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

That is so sad..................

The car can be replaced, people's lives cannot be replaced. Regardless of how stupid the action was of the kid, the bottom line is that he is dead and that is the greatest tragedy here.

I certainly think he did not deserve to die. Guys, relax please. He was just a kid. Are you all going to tell me that when you were kids you did not drive stupidly fast at least a couple of times?

I am sorry if some of you disagree with me, but the car getting destroyed is nothing compared to the owners loss of his son. He had the car, he can get another one eventually. It is just a machine.

Quick Reply: Mangled R34 GTR, 3 Killed...