Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Mangled R34 GTR, 3 Killed...

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-04, 04:44 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

It's certainly sad, but what's with the 31 year old passenger not being more responsible? But then he was dating a 13 year old...

It's just hard to have too much sympathy for such gross stupidity.
Old 11-26-04, 04:45 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 306 Likes on 185 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
It's certainly sad, but what's with the 31 year old passenger not being more responsible? But then he was dating a 13 year old...

That was apparently a typo, he was 23.
Old 11-26-04, 08:49 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally posted by Hameed
That is so sad..................

The car can be replaced, people's lives cannot be replaced. Regardless of how stupid the action was of the kid, the bottom line is that he is dead and that is the greatest tragedy here.

I certainly think he did not deserve to die. Guys, relax please. He was just a kid. Are you all going to tell me that when you were kids you did not drive stupidly fast at least a couple of times?

I am sorry if some of you disagree with me, but the car getting destroyed is nothing compared to the owners loss of his son. He had the car, he can get another one eventually. It is just a machine.
i whole heartedly agree with you, and lives is something everyone should treasure. if anything, what i said would be a warning and reminders for those are still young and out there not knowing what the real world is. it's always the problem. i went through the same and i know it. ignorant, thinking that you are on top of everything. you just never learn until you mess up once... if you are lucky you get walk away clean and you learn, otherwise.... so i always try to turn stuff like these into an opportunity for people out there to think twice
Old 11-26-04, 09:47 AM
Senator
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Davtown
Is he OK?

by wrecked I'm guessing you mean totaled Sad... but as long as he is alright then that is all that matters
He was fine, we are just hoping that insurance will not total it. It is amazing just how quick something like this could happen to you, or someone close to you.

Josh
Old 11-26-04, 10:31 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna

I'm just going to straight out quote you Bit
Old 11-26-04, 12:03 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by GS3Tek
I'm just going to straight out quote you Bit
That was apparently a typo, he was 23.
Old 11-26-04, 12:27 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

I know I am getting worked up about this, but I need to get it off my chest so that I can feel better.

If you guys think that these kids deserved to die because of their stupidity, how do you really feel about murderers, mass murderers and rapists? Please tell me how you really feel about people like that.

My family went through something like this, the only difference was that a mass murderer killed 4 members of my family - two sisters, father and a 2-year old niece. You don't want to know how I feel about the guy.

Last edited by Hameed; 11-26-04 at 12:31 PM.
Old 11-26-04, 12:40 PM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

I know I am getting worked up about this, but I need to get it off my chest so that I can feel better.

If you guys think that these kids deserved to die because of their stupidity, how do you really feel about murderers, mass murderers and rapists? Please tell me how you really feel about people like that.
I acknowledge your compassion Hameed and don't want to stir anything.
The victims did not choose to die or be raped in the hand of the the low life murderers and rapists.
This kid can choose to drive safely and can choose to treasure his life. If he wants to kill anyone, let it be himself only (and not take any other lives with him).

No special license will matter any way b/c he already disobeyed his father and "chose" to drive to his death. Had he just disobeyed father and drive with cautions, he may still be alive............of course at such a young age with such a fast car and too irresponsible, what can we expect?

I heard a friend of mine telling his son:
"Son, I will be best father I can be, but I cannot watch you 24 hours a day. You have to make the best judgements for yourself. I don't want to you to be buried before me......................."

Of course every parents want to raise their children properly, but again, what can you do now in a situation like this? It was his choice.

Edit: I remembered reading about your family tragedy Hameed and thank you for sharing again.
My late condolences to you and your family.

Last edited by GS3Tek; 11-26-04 at 12:46 PM.
Old 11-26-04, 12:45 PM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally posted by GS3Tek
The victims did not choose to die or be raped in the hand of the the low life murderers and rapists.
This kid can choose to drive safely and can choose to treasure his life. If he wants to kill anyone, let it be himself only (and not take any other lives with him).
You misunderstood me bro. I was not referring to the victims in my case. I was referring to the murderer who took their lives. I wanted to know how you felt about such actions as murder if you feel death is a good sentence for being stupid.

If you really feel death is a good sentence for being stupid, what do you think is a good sentence for being a murderer?

If you have kids, you will never feel that a kid should die because of gross stupidity.

I will peace out and keep my mouth shut now. Take care.

Last edited by Hameed; 11-26-04 at 12:47 PM.
Old 11-26-04, 04:54 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

That is so sad..................

The car can be replaced, people's lives cannot be replaced. Regardless of how stupid the action was of the kid, the bottom line is that he is dead and that is the greatest tragedy here.

I certainly think he did not deserve to die. Guys, relax please. He was just a kid. Are you all going to tell me that when you were kids you did not drive stupidly fast at least a couple of times?
Yes, it is sad many people died, but it was no accident. It was his fault.

Yes, I can say I have never driven stupidly fast in my youth. You do have to define what stuopidly fast is and in what conditions though. I have driven about 80 MPH on the freeway in my youth, or 50 MPH in a 35 MPH zone in my youth. I guess you can all that stupid, but 120 MPH Now, in my adult age 25+ I have actually driven more stupid than in my youth, I have actually gone up to 140+ MPH on the freeway. Never raced anyone, but being stupid late at night by myself coming home from work after the night shift. Now, as soon as my wife got pregnant I have never driven like that with her or my now 1 year old son. That is the whole point. He had two passnagers and a 7 month old pregnant girlfriend in the car. How stupid do you have to be to put their lives and your unborn sons life at risk?
Old 11-26-04, 05:01 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My family went through something like this, the only difference was that a mass murderer killed 4 members of my family - two sisters, father and a 2-year old niece. You don't want to know how I feel about the guy.
Murder victoms are an entirely different subject. My sympathy goes out to you and your family over your ordeal. To the subject though, I'm betting your family members did not pot themselves intentially in a position to be murdered though right? The driver of the car put himself in a position where great harm could come to himselg and his passangers. All the sypathy goes out to the passangers but like others have mentioned, it is tought to have too much sympathy for the driver. What if his pregnant girlfriend was crying begging him to slow down but he ingored her because he wanted to show off to his male passanger? Obviously nobody knows whay was going in in that car at the time but knowing pregnant girls I don't think she was too thrilled to be going that fast in her condition. If the driver happend to survive he would be going to jail probably for life for 2 counts of neglegent homocide.
Old 11-26-04, 05:16 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,428 Likes on 1,591 Posts

Hameed - stupidity doesn't make someone 'deserve' to die, it just makes it more likely to happen. There's potential consequences to reckless actions. Sometimes you get away with it, sometimes you don't. Have I done reckless things? Yes. Did I risk causing a lot of harm to myself? Yes, and if it had happened, I shouldn't have been surprised.

What happened to members of your family is truly tragic. I'm assuming though that they didn't do something to make that tragedy very likely to occur, which is what makes it different to this car crash.

To answer your question, I believe murderers DESERVE to have a terrible punishment (yes including death) unless it was self-defense.

Getting back to this horrible crash, what if that reckless driver had killed a few people while driving 120mph and yet he had survived? Should he have been punished for his reckless actions? ABSOLUTELY! Without laws, consequences and punishments we have anarchy.

Nevertheless, it's STILL sad that the people in this car died - the parents of that 15 year old must be devastated. I don't want you to think I'm heartless! Probably too late though.