Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Police pulled me over cuz my JDM badges..LOL

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-04, 01:28 AM
Vitmn R
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Police pulled me over cuz my JDM badges..LOL

Thought u all would enjoy my reccent story

Just got some JDM badges last week and put them on my SC300 at work.. I had all of the JDM badges as in the Griffen, Soarer badges, the Toyota T and I added a Toyota badge with it all spelled out.. Left my Lexus dealership bout 11pm and got no more then 2 miles away before I get nailed.. He rides my a** for 1 min. and on go the lights.. Cop comes up to my window slowly and asking me to get out. I'm wondering WTF is going on.. So I get out, he asks me some questions mostly BS ones. Then he says "Is this a stolen car?" I'm like shocked by this.. Then He asks me "Ur DMV shows this as a Lexus SC300, but the rear badges say Toyota Soarer.." So he reads my reg, ect.. LOL.. I explain what JDM is and so on.. In the end I made him feel so dumb.. LOL it was awsome, put a cop totally to shame..
Kevin
Old 11-27-04, 05:19 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you get any tickets

never thought of it that way

that if a cop pulled you over and saw different badges he might consider it stolen
Old 11-27-04, 05:34 AM
Vitmn R
Rookie

Thats right, the reason why I got pulled over was he did think the car was stolen.. At night in my area cops run the tag numbers of any cars they see leaving the area around my work, due to lots of auto theft in and around my dealership.. Plus it doesnt help that right behind the shop about 300 yards is a apartment complex which has huge crime rates.. I didn't get any tickets which is good due to my spirited driving style.. He actually had a good laugh after I explained everything to him..
Also this isn't the 1st cop I have used the JDM talk with either.. In my Type R I got pulled over for loud exhuast (which in my area they will tow ur car and revoke your tags until you prove its back to stock) and don't get me wrong the Type R was loud, but had a custom exhuast that looked stock in the rear.. I explained to her what JDM was and that it was a factory exhuast from another Type R in Japan.. LOL she took all my Bull ****** and let me go.. HAHAHA... JDM talk has many benifits if you know ur JDM cars.. HEHEHE...
Kevin
Old 11-27-04, 07:25 AM
cheungsta
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

LoL...that's hilarious...putting cops to shame
I'll have to remember that if I ever get pulled over for mod stuff...LoL
Old 11-27-04, 08:11 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

I can understand how annoying it was for you......apparantly an honest person.....but you gotta look at it from the cop's point of view, too. This is no fun for THEM, either. They have to deal with stolen cars every day, and if they see something suspicious.....even if it is honest like in your case....they have no choice but to check it out. Tag, VIN, and badge-switching ae all three widespread practices among car thieves.
Old 11-27-04, 08:23 AM
SC400Dude
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by mmarshall
I can understand how annoying it was for you......apparantly an honest person.....but you gotta look at it from the cop's point of view, too. This is no fun for THEM, either. They have to deal with stolen cars every day, and if they see something suspicious.....even if it is honest like in your case....they have no choice but to check it out. Tag, VIN, and badge-switching ae all three widespread practices among car thieves.
Yeah...besides the fact they don't know, they have to be on the lookout for anything out of the ordinary.

Kinda makes me laugh too because I see all kinds of cars with different badges....
Stangs with "GTR" badging....LoL
Old 11-27-04, 09:38 AM
siaxazn
Lead Lap

i wish the cops were like that in my area. it seams like they dont care about car theft i used to drive a civic si and it was stolen and i've never seen it since then. I see stripped cars sitting in the streets all the time and they're there for weeks and the police do nothing about it. I would feel much safer about my car if they ran plate and vin checks on cars around here as often as they do in your area. I think its a good idea for them to check out all highly stolen cars they see like type r's civic si's gsr's ect ect. It would sure bring down the auto theft rate.
Old 11-27-04, 10:08 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by mmarshall
Lol, I dunno. Me personally I can tell what make a car is without reading it's badges, you'd think a person who's job it is to pull over cars all day everyday would be able to do the same. If I see an explorer with no badges I still know it's an explorer...dumb cops

Last edited by mikeloc24; 11-27-04 at 10:09 AM.
Old 11-27-04, 10:22 AM
abboushi
Lexus Test Driver

they dont, i got pulled over in the GS3 and i still had my old reg. and insurance. from the CLK and they were both black, he wrote me the ticket and put black mercedes clk and it was noon
p.s. yes i did get a ticket
-Rashed
Old 11-27-04, 12:44 PM
TTEHarrier
Rookie

Some of my friends have put JDM and Euro badges on with no apparent problems (from the cops)

Last edited by TTEHarrier; 11-27-04 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-27-04, 01:02 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LOL!! Well, at least the cop was cool and didn't give you a hard time!!
Old 11-27-04, 01:36 PM
usmanj
Lead Lap

Last edited by usmanj; 09-09-14 at 07:30 AM.
Old 11-27-04, 08:32 PM
PureDrifter
BahHumBug

Received 94 Likes on 86 Posts

best thing is that if they still don't believe you you always have the VIN on the body and the engine code.
Old 11-28-04, 08:09 AM
Stage3
Lexus Fanatic

Old 11-28-04, 08:51 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default ticket

Originally posted by abboushi
they dont, i got pulled over in the GS3 and i still had my old reg. and insurance. from the CLK and they were both black, he wrote me the ticket and put black mercedes clk and it was noon
p.s. yes i did get a ticket
-Rashed

Next time that happens don't pay the ticket. Go to court, show the judge the officer misidentified your car. The judge will throw it out.

Quick Reply: Police pulled me over cuz my JDM badges..LOL