Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 m45 on the street

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-04, 06:26 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks pretty nice I wonder how it compares with the new GS anyway I see a GS and a E-class in the bg...
Old 12-02-04, 07:04 PM
squarehat
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Good catch finding on on the street. I'm guessing the "DST" may be a "distributor" plate. I used to have a next door neighbor who was a regional sales manager for GM, and he had a different demo car every other month, that always had "manufacturer" license plates with lettering like that. If they are distributor/manufacturer plates, that would explain why there's one already out on the road.
Old 12-02-04, 07:39 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs up

Mmmm...props. Worthy GS competition!
Old 12-02-04, 07:55 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad, the front reminds me of a crown athlete(actually the whole car now that I think of it)
Looks like it can compare to the 2006 GS.

What kind of HP is it pushing?
Attached Thumbnails 2006 m45 on the street-zoom.jpg  
Old 12-02-04, 07:59 PM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Great find! I think these pics of the car look fantastic, but I do want to point one thing out. After seeing more pics of both the new M and the new GS, I have come to the conclusion that they are both very attractive cars with the M looking a bit sportier, and the GS sexier.

More importantly though, I think the GS looks far, far more elegant, upscale, and expensive than the M. These pics look like a car that could easily slate above the Maxima and happily wear a Nissan badge. Is that a bad thing? Well it depents. Regardless of the badge it's still an attractive design but it looks economy to me. The GS's low slung stance, pulled back lines, long hood and swept back profile come off as much sexier and much more elegant than the Infiniti.

Just my .02.

-Michael-
Old 12-02-04, 08:02 PM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice find and thanks for sharing. Seems as if Infiniti is laying the ground work to FINALLY establish itself as a true contender in the marketplace! to them and to the end user as we all benefit from healthy competition.
Old 12-02-04, 08:08 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

i find most photos of the new M45 to be nothing special. However, when I saw it at the autoshow, it really impressed me. Same goes for the new GS. RL did little or anything for me. I think this should be a fun battle. Neither car sold well it their past (er current) generations. THe new generations should, hopefully, change things for once. Infiniti needs it more than lexus though. THey need to establish a 40-50+k car for the first time.
Old 12-02-04, 08:08 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

Originally posted by Pharonick2
and the back.... does anyone in cali know what those weird license paltes mean the have writing going vertical on both sides.
That means he's driving a Nissan Headquarters company car. The guy definitely works for Nissan HQ in Gardena. DST plates are for distributors. 562 belongs to Nissan. All the HQ registered cars have distributor/manufacturer plates. Toyota/Lexus and Honda/Acura have their own sequences. That's very common for us here in SoCal since obviously the big Japanese companies have their headquarters here.

It's also common for us to see the JDM counterparts driven here. Last month I saw a Nissan HQ employee driving a RHD Nissan Skyline (current G35 sedan) on his way to test at CA Speedway. Looked like any ordinary G35 until you see the badging, the amber turn signals and the driver in the wrong side of the car haha.

Here's what we here in SoCal also commonly see amongst corporate Toyota/Lexus employees on their factory program lease or purchased car's license plate:

Last edited by flipside909; 12-02-04 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-02-04, 08:15 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

in case u missed these pics...

Last edited by DROD2045; 12-02-04 at 08:22 PM.
Old 12-02-04, 08:20 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

I wish they offered this color combo/wood in the states

body kit (not sure if it will be exactly the same in the states, but there is an aero package w/sills and spolier and front spoiler available)

hi res version (awesome btw) http://press.nissan-global.com/COMMO...GH/fuga_03.jpg
Old 12-02-04, 11:46 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally posted by DROD2045
in case u missed these pics...

Bigger than all of that, what building is that in the background of the first pic? Thats hot.

That pic of the M with the Sport package is pretty cool looking too.
Old 12-02-04, 11:50 PM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally posted by MPLexus301
Great find! I think these pics of the car look fantastic, but I do want to point one thing out. After seeing more pics of both the new M and the new GS, I have come to the conclusion that they are both very attractive cars with the M looking a bit sportier, and the GS sexier.

More importantly though, I think the GS looks far, far more elegant, upscale, and expensive than the M. These pics look like a car that could easily slate above the Maxima and happily wear a Nissan badge. Is that a bad thing? Well it depents. Regardless of the badge it's still an attractive design but it looks economy to me. The GS's low slung stance, pulled back lines, long hood and swept back profile come off as much sexier and much more elegant than the Infiniti.

Just my .02.

-Michael-
I think you hit the nail on its head with that one. Eventhough it looks good, it reallycould be a replacement for the G35. It doesnt have that 50K look to it. Very nice and sporty, but also boy racer.
Old 12-03-04, 07:42 AM
BrickHead
Instructor

Yea, this car looks more and more like an enlarged Altima to me. Like Magneto said, it could pass for a G35 replacement and doesn't have that 50K look to it.

Last edited by BrickHead; 12-03-04 at 07:43 AM.
Old 12-03-04, 07:55 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Exactly! There's a fine line between keeping family resemblance and cheapening a car to look like one of it's lesser stablemates. Come to think of it, this whole design looks like it could do a very nice job of replacing the G35 in two years. Maybe we're spoiled with the new GS, but I wish the new M was a little bit sexier, more emotional...more passionate. You look at it and there's no doubt about it that you're looking at an Infiniti. You look at the new GS and it's like, "That's the new Lexus GS and...DAMN."

It's sort of like the difference between an attractive chick and sexy one. You might walk by an attractive girl and think, "She's nice looking," and keep walking. You walk by the sexy chick and there is just something about her, the way she looks and carries herself that pulls at your heart and imagination and you start getting all these dirty thoughts. Looking good is easy, but knowing that you look good and manipulating it makes you sexy. The GS is bolder, more confident and sexier. The M is attractive.

Sorry for the weirdo extended metaphor...but you get my point. It's just my opinion as well.

-Michael-
Old 12-03-04, 08:05 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Originally posted by MPLexus301
Exactly! There's a fine line between keeping family resemblance and cheapening a car to look like one of it's lesser stablemates. Come to think of it, this whole design looks like it could do a very nice job of replacing the G35 in two years. Maybe we're spoiled with the new GS, but I wish the new M was a little bit sexier, more emotional...more passionate. You look at it and there's no doubt about it that you're looking at an Infiniti. You look at the new GS and it's like, "That's the new Lexus GS and...DAMN."

It's sort of like the difference between an attractive chick and sexy one. You might walk by an attractive girl and think, "She's nice looking," and keep walking. You walk by the sexy chick and there is just something about her, the way she looks and carries herself that pulls at your heart and imagination and you start getting all these dirty thoughts. Looking good is easy, but knowing that you look good and manipulating it makes you sexy. The GS is bolder, more confident and sexier. The M is attractive.

Sorry for the weirdo extended metaphor...but you get my point. It's just my opinion as well.

-Michael-
LOL...funny and very true.

Quick Reply: 2006 m45 on the street