Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 m45 on the street

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-04, 04:12 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's up Sick-I see you snuck a pic of my favorite car in back there.

Last edited by chuckb; 12-04-04 at 04:13 PM.
Old 12-04-04, 06:59 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,466 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Thumbs up lookin good

I don't like the 'bulge' in the interior center dash, but other than that, I think this is a great car.

About the new GS4x0 - the MSRP on the CURRENT GS430 with Nav/ML, spoiler, and 17s is $52,500. The new one will probably be higher. I think this M45 is going to give it some real competition with its pricing and options (from looking at the web site - the Journey and Technology packages look GREAT) and a sport package with 19s and semi-active rear suspension.

LOVE this picture:

Old 12-04-04, 10:28 PM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by DROD2045
my fav new pics:

If you look closely at the bottom part of the dopor panel where the sill is, you can see that the name infiniti lights up. nice touch

while it has lost some luster from the FUga concept, it still loooks nice in pictures. When I saw it in person, it was much more stunning than any picture Ive seen. I think if it were lowered 1-3 inches, it would make a great change in its appearence. Why cant nissan make there cars lower? They did it good for the Z, cant they do that for every new car?
These pics look really good. I cant wait to see it in person
Old 12-04-04, 10:38 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Wow, is it just me or does it look like a 4x4 off the ground?
Mike, did you want me to send you a picture of my stock GS430? It makes the Infiniti look lowered

Originally posted by NT2SHBBY
nice car, but being the fact that it is a glorified Nissan, scares me to say the least
I love it when someone who drives a glorified Toyota makes a comment like this.
Old 12-05-04, 09:38 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by doug_999
Mike, did you want me to send you a picture of my stock GS430? It makes the Infiniti look lowered

I love it when someone who drives a glorified Toyota makes a comment like this.
Yeah, hard to call one a glorified Nissan and think the other is not a glorified Toyota, but to be fair, maybe he was commenting on Toyota > Nissan quality. It's hard to argue that point.
Old 12-05-04, 09:53 AM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

To be totally honest - I'm a little disappointed with the final design decision for the M. The concept had some really nice interior features missing (even as options) from the production car and a more aggressive exterior.

This seems to be indicative to me that Infiniti is adamant about holding on to the Q sedan as their flagship and will probably use some of the better-received but missing (on the M) exterior and interior design ideas on the redesign. If/when that happens.

I could be wrong.

As for the M - I'd take one in a second; still looks pretty nice.

M.

Last edited by whipimpin; 12-05-04 at 09:54 AM.
Old 12-05-04, 10:12 AM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Illuminated doorplates have been around.
to be honest, i always like the altima and IMHO, altima SE-R looks better than M45.
Old 12-05-04, 10:15 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

While I agree that it's rather unintelligent to make the comment that this is only a "glorified Nissan" when Lexuses have mainly been glorified Toyotas to date, you also need to consider that there will be no Toyota equivalent of the new GS (read, no Aristo). This will be the first truly world class car from Lexus, their first car to wear the circle L on the hood all the way around the globe. The new GS has been engineered, designed and created as a LEXUS from day one. The same cannot be said for the Fuga...errr...M Series. Doesn't make the M35/45 a bad car, but at this point Lexus is taking the next and final step as a truly world class luxury brand, the same as BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar. The same cannot be said for Infiniti (but this is mainly due to financial constraints and a lineup that has been barely acceptable until the last thre or four years).

-Michael-

Last edited by MPLexus301; 12-05-04 at 10:20 AM.
Old 12-05-04, 10:39 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by MPLexus301
While I agree that it's rather unintelligent to make the comment that this is only a "glorified Nissan" when Lexuses have mainly been glorified Toyotas to date, you also need to consider that there will be no Toyota equivalent of the new GS (read, no Aristo). This will be the first truly world class car from Lexus, their first car to wear the circle L on the hood all the way around the globe. The new GS has been engineered, designed and created as a LEXUS from day one. The same cannot be said for the Fuga...errr...M Series. Doesn't make the M35/45 a bad car, but at this point Lexus is taking the next and final step as a truly world class luxury brand, the same as BMW, Mercedes and Jaguar. The same cannot be said for Infiniti (but this is mainly due to financial constraints and a lineup that has been barely acceptable until the last thre or four years).

-Michael-
Big Deal the 2006 GS wont have an Aristo brother. It doesn't make the 06 GS a better car. It's just because Japan is getting Lexus brand now. The 2006 GS is just as much Toyota as the any other year, don't kid yourself.

BTW-The 2006 GS is just as ugly if not uglier than the Infinity.

Last edited by chuckb; 12-05-04 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-05-04, 10:47 AM
Falcon LS
Lead Lap

Those cars are really starting to grow on me...very nice indeed.
Old 12-05-04, 12:08 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by MPLexus301
This will be the first truly world class car from Lexus, their first car to wear the circle L on the hood all the way around the globe.
Um, is the LS430 called something else around the world? Anyway, I think it's irrelevant if it has 5 names around the world.

Think about Mercedes for a second. In Germany and many countries they're sold with cloth interiors, manual windows a stick shift and a gutless diesel. So just because they're not called something other than Mercedes doesn't mean all Mercedes are therefore super luxury cars.

Branding SHOULD be irrelevant, but of course marketing works everywhere, so Mercedes can be a flagship high end luxury brand here, BMWs are made out to be more than they really are, and a Rolls Royce is somehow 'worth' over $200K.

So whether this M45 is a called a Nissan Fuga or a salt pretzel somewhere else doesn't matter to me.
Old 12-05-04, 01:16 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Um, is the LS430 called something else around the world? Anyway, I think it's irrelevant if it has 5 names around the world.

Think about Mercedes for a second. In Germany and many countries they're sold with cloth interiors, manual windows a stick shift and a gutless diesel. So just because they're not called something other than Mercedes doesn't mean all Mercedes are therefore super luxury cars.

Branding SHOULD be irrelevant, but of course marketing works everywhere, so Mercedes can be a flagship high end luxury brand here, BMWs are made out to be more than they really are, and a Rolls Royce is somehow 'worth' over $200K.

So whether this M45 is a called a Nissan Fuga or a salt pretzel somewhere else doesn't matter to me.
I agree. Even if the GS is a Toyota Aristo, it should not be perceived as negative. Toyota is a great company, and although BMW is luxury here, a 3 series is a Ford in Germany. Hell, even E classes are taxis over there.

I don't know if you were kidding or not Bit, but the LS is a Toyota Celsior in other parts of the world. The sad thing is, Japan's had them with Ultra Luxury items since 1990!

James
Old 12-05-04, 02:11 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 70 Likes on 52 Posts

The exterior styling doesnt do anything for me. Look like a cross between Maxima and G35 sedan with Avalon tailights and FX35/45 grille.

The interior is very nice though. As well as the options and features that are available.
Old 12-05-04, 02:27 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by jet864
I agree. Even if the GS is a Toyota Aristo, it should not be perceived as negative. Toyota is a great company, and although BMW is luxury here, a 3 series is a Ford in Germany. Hell, even E classes are taxis over there.

I don't know if you were kidding or not Bit, but the LS is a Toyota Celsior in other parts of the world. The sad thing is, Japan's had them with Ultra Luxury items since 1990!

James
James, I don't think the 3 series is literally a Ford in Germany, I think you mean in terms of being 'common'? About the LS430 being a Celsior - DOH, just forgot. Not that I could care less. Those who say a Lexus is a glorified Toyota may be technically correct, but they only say that to justify their own sense of superiority.
Old 12-05-04, 02:32 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool

Originally posted by bitkahuna

In Germany and many countries they're sold with cloth interiors, manual windows a stick shift and a gutless diesel.
Hey, I'd rock one of those.

Quick Reply: 2006 m45 on the street