Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

2006 m45 on the street

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-04, 03:02 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by bitkahuna
James, I don't think the 3 series is literally a Ford in Germany, I think you mean in terms of being 'common'? About the LS430 being a Celsior - DOH, just forgot. Not that I could care less. Those who say a Lexus is a glorified Toyota may be technically correct, but they only say that to justify their own sense of superiority.
Yeah that's what I meant. Just in terms of being commonplace, the 3 series is always gonna be a "nice" car. I agree with you though, it shouldn't matter what sub-family the car comes from. I think Toyota just initially had their image constructed here as fuel efficient econo boxes. a Toyota Celsior would have never succeeded in 1989, but we all know this by now right?

James
Old 12-05-04, 03:03 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by wantAnewLex
Hey, I'd rock one of those.
Yeah me too, less sh-- to break.

James

Last edited by jet864; 12-05-04 at 03:03 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 04:16 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

What's this concept Fuga everyone's talking about? Did I miss something? I was at the NY Autoshow last year and I honestly don't remember seeing the M35/45/Fuga concept (maybe I just missed it).

Can someone post a pic of the Fuga Concept and the M35/45 side by side?

Pharonick, great find! I really like how the car looks. From the outside, it looks sporty.....yet large. A nice sports sedan type of appearance. I think this car looks BETTER than both the RL & the 06 GS. Both the RL & the GS had mixed reviews here on CL, yet everyone seems to agree that the M45 is

The interior looks great.....sporty yet luxurious.

Infiniti has really gotten back on its feet. I still remember the days of the I30, J30 & G20. I mean, the J30 was butt ulgy with that horrible rear end. And the I30 & the G20 looks just like the Maxima & Sentra wearing a suit.

Back in the 90s, I honestly believed that the Infiniti brand would probably just die. But with the recent all-star line up, it looks like Infiniti really turned 180 degrees and is heading toward the right direction.

I almost bought a G35C MT when I was shopping for a car. But somehow I got talked into buying a sedan. Well, no regrets

But while I was doing my research on the G35C, there were lots of discussions on FA (freshalloy) about brakes warping at under 15k miles......and dealers charging an arm & a leg for service.

The only reasons, I didn't go for the G35C is because:
- It's a coupe....not sure how convenient that would be in a few years (some female....not stating any names.....drilled that in my head).
- Don't want to have a headache with the brakes (don't want to be one of the unlucky ones)
- Interior materials aren't as nice as I thought it should be

But aside from that, I loved the G35C.

And I'm sure this new M35/45 will sell well for Infiniti.

Last edited by Cadd; 12-05-04 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 04:24 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Go to this thread and scroll down to SexySC's post. There are too many pics to post again.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ight=FUGA+pics
Old 12-05-04, 05:07 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,661 Posts

From the G35 sedan and coupe, to the F35/45, and now the M35/45, I really think Infiniti is finally getting their 'performance' image together, and who does that mean they're a threat to? Yup, BMW. G goes after 3 series. M goes after 5 series. F goes after X series. And Q goes after 7 series.

And Lexus with its line-up, I really think they're mostly a threat to Mercedes. Folks here would like to think they're beginning to compete with BMW but I don't see it. I've read the posts on here saying they're going to come out with 'performance' models but I'll believe it when I see it.
Old 12-05-04, 05:31 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default lexus m

From the G35 sedan and coupe, to the F35/45, and now the M35/45, I really think Infiniti is finally getting their 'performance' image together, and who does that mean they're a threat to? Yup, BMW. G goes after 3 series. M goes after 5 series. F goes after X series. And Q goes after 7 series.

And Lexus with its line-up, I really think they're mostly a threat to Mercedes. Folks here would like to think they're beginning to compete with BMW but I don't see it. I've read the posts on here saying they're going to come out with 'performance' models but I'll believe it when I see it.

A salesman told me last week that it's true, Lexus is coming up with a high performance division to rival the euro's. That same salesman also told me VVTi was a new feature on the 2006 GS. He may not be that reliable!
Old 12-05-04, 05:34 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: lexus m

Originally posted by reggiek
A salesman told me last week that it's true, Lexus is coming up with a high performance division to rival the euro's. That same salesman also told me VVTi was a new feature on the 2006 GS. He may not be that reliable!
I think it's safe to say most of the regulars here (CL) know more about Lexus' than most Lex salespeople!
Old 12-05-04, 11:06 PM
SC400-V8
Racer

James, I don't think the 3 series is literally a Ford in Germany, I think you mean in terms of being 'common'? About the LS430 being a Celsior - DOH, just forgot. Not that I could care less. Those who say a Lexus is a glorified Toyota may be technically correct, but they only say that to justify their own sense of superiority.
I believe he's right... in europe, the most common BMW is the 318, with the 4 cyl engine and only basic options. Theyre the equivalent of a civic si over here i suppose...
Old 12-06-04, 10:17 AM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

AWESOME FIND DUDE!!!

Simply GORGEOUS! And if they keep the price-point decent, it'll be in my garage this Summer.
Nissan/Infiniti has stepped up BIG TIME! They're reviews and sales are reflecting that.
This car should head up it's class in Performance for sure w/ 340hp!

I'm seeing a Silver or Graphite one with my 19' Chrome MODA R6 in the near future...

I miss having a "Sports Sedan"
Old 12-06-04, 11:14 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by jet864
Yeah that's what I meant. Just in terms of being commonplace, the 3 series is always gonna be a "nice" car. I agree with you though, it shouldn't matter what sub-family the car comes from. I think Toyota just initially had their image constructed here as fuel efficient econo boxes. a Toyota Celsior would have never succeeded in 1989, but we all know this by now right?

James
Out of every 10 BMWs sold worldwide, 6 are 3 series cars. The 3 was the best selling car in the United Kingdom last year

I think its all hype. If you look at Lexus, they offer the manual IS 300, sporty GS and that is all.
Infiniti offers the manual G35 and with the NEXT M35/45 a sporty car. Mind u the current one drives un sporty (18" wheels does not make a sporting car). The FX is sportier than other SUVs, but it is still a SUV. That leaves you with
QX56
QX4
So honestly Lexus and Infinitii are pretty close sporting wise. I did wish Infintii would offer a manual on the M35/45, FX35/45. Now that TRULY would have seperated them and made them a serious BMW contender.
The Lexus performance division has been confirmed by Lexus, to take on AMG/M cars.

I think that we all need to realize something here. Lexus was CREATED for the American market and later a worldwide audience. These are not cars that were made FOR JAPAN ONLY and then badged and built here. The IS 300 was not initially built for the American market but was for Europe.
Since Infiniti is not sold worldwide like Lexus, their products are made for Japan and America. That is why the M45 now is a taxicab in Japan. So yes, the 2 cars have parent companies but the philisophhy behind them are very different. Looking at the new Infiniti models, they seem to be built for the world market and notice how much better the products are.

Old 12-06-04, 12:39 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Thumbs up

ENGINE M35 M45
Type
VQ35 DOHC 24-valve
VK45 DOHC 32-valve

Displacement
3.5 liters
4.5 liters

Horsepower
280 hp @ 6,200 rpm
335-340 hp @ 6,400 rpm

Torque
270 lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm
340 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm

Continuously Variable Valve Timing Control System (CVTCS)
Intake Camshaft
Intake Camshaft

Exhaust
Stainless steel quad-tipped
dual exhaust

Maximum engine speed
6,600 rpm

DRIVETRAIN M35
M45

Drive configuration:
Rear Wheel Drive
All-wheel Drive (ATTESA E-TS)

Transmission type 5-speed electronically controlled automatic overdrive transmission with real time feedback with learning alogorithm

Vehicle Dynamic Control (VDC) with Traction Control and cancel switch S

Body type Corrosion resistant and high strength steel unibody construction

Front suspension Independent double wishbone with stabilizer bar & coil springs

Rear suspension Independent multi-link with stabilizer bar & coil springs

4-spoke leather-appointed with perforated grips

Power with memory

Power with memory

Audio, cruise control

BRAKES
Front:
12.6-inch x 1.1-inch
power-assisted vented disc S

Rear: 12.1-inch x 0.63-inch
power-assisted vented disc
Electronic Brake force
Distribution (EBD) and
Brake Assist (BA)
4-channel/4-sensor /4-wheel
Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)
Brake Assist with Preview Braking O

ELECTRICAL M35
M45

Electronic ignition system S

Starter rating 1.7 kW
2.0 kW

WHEELS AND TIRES M35
M45

18-inch 8-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, “Titanium” finish (8.0JJ x 18)

18-inch 8-spoke aluminum-alloy wheels, “Chrome” finish (8.0JJ x 18)

19-inch 5-spoke aluminum alloy wheels, “Titanium finish, Superlight (8.5JJ x 19) -

245/45R18 96V-rated all season radial tires
245/45R18 96V-rated all season run flat tires
245/40R19 94W-rated high-performance tires

Full-size spare tire with aluminum-alloy wheel O

Temporary-size spare tire (145/80D17) S

Tire Pressure Monitor System (direct reading) S

EXTERIOR DIMENSIONS (inches unless noted otherwise) M35
M45

Wheelbase 114.2

Overall length 192.6

Overall width 70.8

Overall height 59.4

Coefficient of Drag (Cd) 0.28; 0.27 (when equipped w/ rear decklid spoiler)

EXTERIOR FEATURES AND OPTIONS M35
M45

High Intensity Discharge (HID) xenon headlights, with auto on/off feature (w/variable-off delay, variable-on sensitivity and Adaptive Front Lighting with Auto-leveling) – dark trim on Sport models O

Green-tinted glass with dark-tint upper windshield band and UV cut
Chrome grip-type door handles with body-color inserts
Dual body-color power remote-controlled outside mirrors with integrated turn signals
Heated mirrors with timer, driver’s automatic day/night adjustment and mirror tilt-down (reverse gear)
Rear window defroster with timer
Rear center high-mounted stop lamp
Chrome grille with large Infiniti logo emblem
Power sliding glass sunroof with one-touch auto-open/close and rear tilt with anti-pinch

INTERIOR DIMENSIONS (inches) Front
Rear

Head room 39.6
S = 37.8, O = 37.1

Shoulder room 58.2
S = 56.9 O = 56.7

Hip room 55.1

Leg room 44.2
S = 37.3, O = 36.2

INTERIOR FEATURES AND OPTIONS
10-way power driver’s seat
with power lumbar support S

6-way power passenger’s seat
Leather-appointed seats and
head restraints
Adjustable front seat active
head restraints and adjustable
rear head restraints
Front seat back pockets
Stainless steel sill plates with
lighted Infiniti lettering
Genuine leather-wrapped steering
wheel and gearshift ****
Genuine Rosewood accents on
doors and center console
(optional on Sport)
Genuine Aluminum trim (Sport)
Front door pockets
Ceiling-mounted assist grips
Driver’s entry/exit system with
two-position memory function
Auto-dimming inside rear view mirror
Rear view mirror mounted compass
and Homelink Transceiver (UGDO)
with Rolling Code Compatibility O

Climate controlled front seats Standard on Sport, Optional on Luxury

COMFORT AND CONVENIENCE
FEATURES
Cruise control with steering
wheel switches S

Automatic temperature control,
dual zone, with micro filter and
rear air vent
7.0-inch color LCD driver
information display
One-touch auto-up/down front
windows with anti-pinch feature
and remote keyless entry-activated
all windows open mode
Front seat entry/exit assist with
cancellation capability
Remote trunk release
Power door locks with selective
unlocking feature and remote
keyless entry system-activated
Power tilt and telescopic steering
column with memory
Center console with dual opening
lid, dual level storage and 12-volt
power outlet
Illuminated entry/exit system with
time delay fade-out feature
Locking glove compartment with lights
Dual illuminated visor vanity mirrors
Driver and front-passenger double
sun visors with extenders
Dual overhead map lights (front and rear)
Front door map pockets
Dual front cup holders with cover
Rear armrest with cup holders and storage
Fully carpeted trunk with mat and cargo net
Infiniti Voice Recognition System w/ VIS,
audio, HVAC, trip computer, optional
navigation, and Bluetooth-compatible
phone controls
Retained accessory power for
sunroof/windows
Intelligent Cruise Control O

AUDIO SYSTEM
AM/FM stereo with steering wheel audio controls S

In-dash 6-disc autochanger with MP3-CD
playback capability S

Precision Phased 160-watt, 6-speaker audio system S

Bose® 2 channel audio system with 8-speakers O

Bose® Studio Surround® audio system with
digital 5.1 channel decoding, AM/FM, 14-speakers,
Audio Pilot® Noise Compensation and steering
wheel audio controls O

Mobile Entertainment System – DVD player with
8-inch power retractable rear screen and 2
wireless headphones with remote O

Rear window diversity antenna S

Satellite radio pre-wiring S

Satellite radio (XM or Sirius) O

SAFETY AND SECURITY FEATURES
Passenger Restraint Systems
Advanced air bag technology with
passenger seat occupant classification sensor S

Driver and passenger dual stage supplemental
airbags, front seat mounted side airbags and
front and rear side curtain airbags S
Front-seat active head restraints S

Front seat belts with pretensioners and load limiters
3-point front seat belts with adjustable
upper anchors (passenger side ALR/ELR)
3-point rear seat belts (ALR/ELR in all positions)
First aid kit
Passive Safety Features
Shift interlock system
Energy-absorbing steering column
Hood buckling creases and safety stops S
Front and rear crumple zones S
Body side reinforcements S
Pre-crash seat belts O

Lane Departure Warning (LDW) O

Child Safety Features

Child safety rear door locks S

LATCH system: rear child safety seat tether
anchors (3 in rear parcel shelf, lower rigid
bar anchor with 2 positions) S
Power window lockout button
Emergency inside trunk release
Security

Steering wheel lock S

Infiniti Intelligent Key with push-button ignition system
S
Remote Keyless Entry system S
Vehicle Security System S
Infiniti Vehicle Immobilizer System S

INSTRUMENTATION
Electrofluorescent speedometer, tachometer, coolant temperature and fuel gauges S

Ambient temperature (located in center-mounted LCD display)
LCD odometer with dual trip meters, LCD gear select identification (both automatic and manual shift mode)
Analog clock

OPTIONS
Journey Package: Bose 2-channel premium audio system with 8 speakers, climate controlled front seats, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, RearView monitor, advanced front lighting with xenon HID headlamps with automatic leveling, front pre-crash seatbelts, compass, audio/video input jacks O

Journey Package (Sport): Bose 2-channel Premium audio system with 8 speakers, HomeLink® Universal Transceiver, RearView monitor, front Pre-Crash seatbelts, compass, audio/video input jacks
Technology Package: DVD navigation system with 8.0-inch LCD screen and Intelligent Cruise Control, Bose® Studio Surround™ sound system, Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system, XM satellite radio
Premium Package: contents of Journey Package and Technology Package plus Mobile Entertainment System, heated and power reclining rear seats, rear passenger H-VAC controls, power rear sunshade, run-flat tires
Mobile Entertainment System: 8-inch rear monitor (roof mounted), remote control, two wireless headphones
Navigation System: DVD navigation system with 8-inch monitor
18-inch Chrome Wheels (N/A Sport Models)
Rosewood trim on dashboard, doors and console (non-sport models)
Satellite radio
Full-size spare tire - 18-inch (non-Sport models)
Full-size spare tire - 19-inch (Sport)
Old 12-06-04, 01:02 PM
DROD2045
Lead Lap

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Out of every 10 BMWs sold worldwide, 6 are 3 series cars. The 3 was the best selling car in the United Kingdom last year

I think its all hype. If you look at Lexus, they offer the manual IS 300, sporty GS and that is all.
Infiniti offers the manual G35 and with the NEXT M35/45 a sporty car. Mind u the current one drives un sporty (18" wheels does not make a sporting car). The FX is sportier than other SUVs, but it is still a SUV. That leaves you with
QX56
QX4
So honestly Lexus and Infinitii are pretty close sporting wise. I did wish Infintii would offer a manual on the M35/45, FX35/45. Now that TRULY would have seperated them and made them a serious BMW contender.
The Lexus performance division has been confirmed by Lexus, to take on AMG/M cars.

I think that we all need to realize something here. Lexus was CREATED for the American market and later a worldwide audience. These are not cars that were made FOR JAPAN ONLY and then badged and built here. The IS 300 was not initially built for the American market but was for Europe.
Since Infiniti is not sold worldwide like Lexus, their products are made for Japan and America. That is why the M45 now is a taxicab in Japan. So yes, the 2 cars have parent companies but the philisophhy behind them are very different. Looking at the new Infiniti models, they seem to be built for the world market and notice how much better the products are.

the Qx4 is no longer in production. However, the FX series will wipe out many sedans, let alone SUVs. Its actually more of a sports car than an SUV since it is not meant for offroading.

Lexus hasnot really become a global brand yet. THey are just starting to become global. As is Infiniti. They have recently announced that they will enter the european market as well as japanese market (as infiniti) in 2006-2008 i believe. They are also currently avaiable in many middle east countries as well as the Koreas. So both brands are on their way to becoming global. It is just a steady process and not one that can take plce in the matter of days.

Also, the direction in which Infiniti is going is putting itself more inline with bmw rather than the direction that lexus is going towards.
Old 12-06-04, 01:16 PM
LexFather

Originally posted by DROD2045
the Qx4 is no longer in production. However, the FX series will wipe out many sedans, let alone SUVs. Its actually more of a sports car than an SUV since it is not meant for offroading.

Lexus hasnot really become a global brand yet. THey are just starting to become global. As is Infiniti. They have recently announced that they will enter the european market as well as japanese market (as infiniti) in 2006-2008 i believe. They are also currently avaiable in many middle east countries as well as the Koreas. So both brands are on their way to becoming global. It is just a steady process and not one that can take plce in the matter of days.

Also, the direction in which Infiniti is going is putting itself more inline with bmw rather than the direction that lexus is going towards.
Sorry I meant Q45. Yes, Lexus is a global brand. It has been for some time now. Nissan keeps pushing back Infintiis European debut. They should come with the next generation of G/FX etc cars. Yes the process is slow. Infiniti is just breaking 100k sales a year recently here in 15 years. Competition is good and the Euro press seems to like the Infiniti G/FX we get here.

Old 12-06-04, 02:04 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Nissan has definitely stepped up to the plate and put out some appealing products in the last few years. But that does not validate the fact that they have a long long way before it can reach the status/caliber Toyota/Lexus has developed in the last 10+ years. In my opinion they have yet to even touch a fraction of the marketshare and sales numbers Toyota/Lexus has here in North America, let alone globally.

Last edited by flipside909; 12-06-04 at 02:20 PM.
Old 12-06-04, 07:12 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,525 Likes on 1,661 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
QX56
QX4
Well Lexus has nothing to compete with the G35 coupe, manual or auto. Also, the 05 G35 can be had with 19" rims! The new M35/45 will have a NICE sport package available (Lexus has none - SportDesign was weak). Hopefully they will offer a better one with the new GS and IS.

I still say Lexus is more about luxury than performance and while a new performance division would be great, they've got a LOOOOONG way to go. I was just reading about the SL65 from MB - totally friggin' incredible, then of course the SLR, E55, and on and one... amazing. I'm *really* looking forward to the bargain SLK55 coming out here in January. Should be AWESOME.

I think that we all need to realize something here. Lexus was CREATED for the American market and later a worldwide audience.
Well given that most Americans are overweight and lazy, then comfy quiet rides are right on target.

Quick Reply: 2006 m45 on the street