Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Family sues Nissan over toddler's death (suing over Infiniti FX)

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-04, 10:05 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally posted by mikeloc24
My feelings exactly. Bottom line, your dumb *** was in too much of a hurry and didn't take the proper steps to back the vehicle out, plain and simple. Why your 2 year old was out in the driveway unsupervised in the first place is the real issue here. Where was the wife? The idiot husband was too cheap to get the camera option and now he's mad at Nissan for not giving it to him for free?? gimme a break! losers! Pay attention to your &^%$#@! kids!!!!!!
If the dumb-A@@ dad was reversing, where was the dumb-a@@ mom??? Was she in the car also??? If she was looking after the daughter, this would't have happened. Does this make sense, hello Clemens family???

I hope the judge throws this case out and charge the parents for child negligent!!!
Old 12-04-04, 11:10 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by qtb33
Welcome to America....the land of ,"It's someone else's fault!"

He should be neutered, b/c he is obviously not responsible enough to be a parent. Not b/c he ran his child over but b/c he won't admit he messed up.

And people wonder why tort reform is needed. If people knew you would get stuck with a huge lawyer bill if you lose, cases like this would never get started. I'm sure some ambulance chasing attorney talked them into it. and is footing the bill
Old 12-04-04, 12:06 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When will people take responsibility for their actions?

And these are grown people
Old 12-04-04, 05:09 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Maybe John Edwards will take on the case. Now that he's unemployed....or will be next month.....he'll be looking for some work. And he's very experienced at just this kind of frivolous stuff.
Old 12-04-04, 06:27 PM
ATSOU
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

In this country, u can always sue anybody for anything........it's like hitting a jackpot.
Old 12-05-04, 12:40 AM
iloveGS300
Driver

This is the perhaps one of the the lamest lawsuits I have ever heard. Wow

Robert
Old 12-05-04, 03:56 PM
jaydunn
Pole Position

This scumbag is lucky he doesn't live around here. The Commonwealth Attorney's office would be considering filing to the Grand Jury for possible negligent homicide and/or parental abuse and neglect.
Old 12-05-04, 05:54 PM
Vans
Driver School Candidate

Old 12-05-04, 07:42 PM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

After I read the first post, I was just pissed off. Gimme a freaking break.

If he twisted his lazy as$ head and looked out the rear window, maybe he could have spotted his little girl. Maybe she was right below the bumper and looking out the window won't help??? Well, guess what? A freaking back up camera probably would have missed it too!

I don't know about you guys, when I back up my car out of the driveway, I back up REALLY REALLY REALLY SLOW. I don't even let my foot off the brakes. Don't you think if you hit a 30lbs thing, you would feel it and stop the car right away?

What did he do? Did he feel the bump and decide to keep going until both wheels ran over her? Maybe he wasn't looking back and realized that he ran over his child when he saw her dead body coming out from the front of the car (where his head was facing).

I would LOVE to see them on Judge Judy.....is she still around? I can just hear her ripping into them.

Last edited by Cadd; 12-05-04 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-05-04, 10:48 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs down

SUE! SUE! SUE! SUE! SUE! That's all some people are ever thinking of. Get a life!?!
Old 12-05-04, 10:59 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mmarshall
I agree this is a frivolus lawsuit and should be tossed out........but Nissan also has got some explaining to do why it doesn't install more cameras, particularly if they are available. The fact that there are no grounds to sue doesn't absolve Nissan from having to explain its marketing decisions. Auto companies do a lot of dumb things and often never really have to EXPLAIN them......and THAT has to change.
I don't agree.

Nissan doesn't install cameras b/c a camera also requires a display and a camera+ display costs money. I couldn't have afforded a one-thousand dollar "I'm a moron and can't back my car properly" surcharge on my Sentra.

M.
Old 12-05-04, 11:20 PM
AgntTinkle
Driver

sure, there are some things that car companies do that possibly put people at risk.
But you are comparing cameras as a safety feature that is like seat belts. cameras were intended to give you a view of what is behind you, IN ADDITION TO TURNING THEIR HEAD AND LOOKING BACK.
millions of drivers reverse everyday with out hitting some thing or some one. cameras arent a necessity in driving. just because it is available does not mean a company must include it in all of their products.

GPS nav systems are available AND they help people from getting lost..but are they a necessity? no.
are they helpful sure, but how did people find directions before nav systems? maps.

cameras are a good thing, but in this case perantal supervision would have been better. the parents neglected their child, and now they want some else to blame.

Originally posted by mmarshall
I agree this is a frivolus lawsuit and should be tossed out........but Nissan also has got some explaining to do why it doesn't install more cameras, particularly if they are available. The fact that there are no grounds to sue doesn't absolve Nissan from having to explain its marketing decisions. Auto companies do a lot of dumb things and often never really have to EXPLAIN them......and THAT has to change.