Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Seriously, w/o bias bmw745i or LS430CL 04'

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-04, 09:34 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Review these links on BMW 745i vs Lexus performance...

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/BMW%2D745/

http://www.familycar.com/RoadTests/L...430/Index2.htm

http://www.fast-autos.net/lexus/lexusgs430.html
Old 12-15-04, 10:32 AM
aldo23
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im not in the mood to read the articles, im sure its some underlining report of test driven cars in closed tracks that the lexus outperformed the BMW..blah, blah..but ill tell u what, my friend had a 96 prelude which smoked a S500 and almost beat a TL type S, go figure. as far as the lexus guys here in miami, ive smoked them plenty of times to allow me to say my car is faster..articles are meant to be read, but not by any means the truth for all cars, and for all drivers for that matter..mine is just that much faster

anyways, ill be here when the 07' LS drops..for now i'll just keep bugging you guys till then..BMW rules
Old 12-15-04, 11:17 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

No sense being confused by facts once your mind is made up. Thanks for the links. A GS430 should have a slight acceleration edge on the 745. Of course if you slow the 7 by putting nice big rims on it, the GS will get a better advantage if it stays near stock. But on the street, races are rarely even so somebody can get a jump and then convince themselves one way or the other. But to say a 745 stock will blow the doors off a stock GS430 is just having your personal reality distortion field turned up a bit too high. Now if the rumors on the 400hp for the freshened 7 are true, well that's a different story. And that's what makes waiting for the freshened 7 worth the wait.
Old 12-15-04, 01:43 PM
DDLexus
Racer

Default Look at this

Save those link to your PDA while your spending time here. Remember, you'll never beat a GS4 when you're ride is parked at the stealership
Attached Thumbnails Seriously, w/o bias bmw745i or LS430CL 04'-bmw-servicebaysfront-640.jpg  
Old 12-15-04, 01:47 PM
krippled
Driver School Candidate

Well, about the BIAS portion of this post...hmmm....its a Lexus Club for God sake!!! I think it is natural to be
bias. Anyways..7 Series is a nice looking car. Like the another guy said, these are good and nice cars. No one can make a wrong decision about these. If I can afford a 70g worth of vehicle, it means the choice is only...How fast it goes and How does it look? Bimmers are attractive. I'm a Lexus dude so I stick with my lexus. I will get the new RX for my future wife and I will definitely trade my old LS400 to a new LS.
Old 12-15-04, 01:48 PM
LexFather

They tested the new 760i sport in my Sports Car international. Looks better, everything has theblack trim and comes with some nice 20s. V-12, but the short wheelbase is only 90lbs less than the il. BMW says 0-60 in 5.4 but I think that is conservative. It actually looked not bad to me.

Old 12-15-04, 04:12 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Mike, I agree, the 760 with the short wheelbase looks soooo good. Almost looks like a two door.

Last edited by doug_999; 12-15-04 at 04:14 PM.
Old 12-15-04, 04:18 PM
lexusls430
Lexus Test Driver

Hey ddlexus where did you get that interior pic. Is it your car? It looks so familiar. hahaha i think thats the pic i took of my car, it makes no difference its just funny.

Last edited by lexusls430; 12-15-04 at 04:21 PM.
Old 12-15-04, 05:17 PM
ebruce2
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by aldo23

*and the comment about showing off, its not showing off or status..the car just looks better built and more rigid, yea the idrive is a pain, but there isint any tranny or engine problems, the car is a sound machine, w/ plenty of power..
OR...

regardless its a 7-series, for a young guy like me its nice to have this car here in miami, its a status symbol, yea, stupid to some of you guys..but i gurantee to you rolex guys, im sure you let everyone know you have one, i doubt you hide it under your sleeve..same thing w/ the 7, heads turn w/ that car...even when its stock
So, which is it??? I'm confused.
Old 12-16-04, 06:10 AM
aldo23
Pole Position

good point, but my point didnt come across right..its something about nice things, that we all now are nice. if u ask some1 is this watch better than a rolex, 95% would say rolex is the best watch, but i gurantee theres watches out there that are better, but they dont carry the name...as far as BMW, it looks nicer..plain and simple..it just a hotter car..i guess im the only one here that thinks the BMW looks sweet..the LS is an older mans car, and looks like a box..yes, its reliable, but it still looks to plain...the end..
Old 12-16-04, 06:46 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Eye of the beholder.

To some people, the 7 looks nicer than the LS. To some people it looks like the prototype of Bruce Willis' cab in the fifth element. If you like it, you have the right car. A lot more people have come down on the side of not that great looking. Have to agree that the LS has an old man's car image but I would actually say the same about the 7. At least with your trade and cash down, it only costs $600 a month to drive around. All the image $600 a month can buy.
Old 12-16-04, 07:24 AM
LStyle
Pole Position

Default Re: Look at this

Originally posted by DDLexus
Save those link to your PDA while your spending time here. Remember, you'll never beat a GS4 when you're ride is parked at the stealership
That's a good one. If I get around to it I'll post consumer reports graph that show the 7 series being 175% below avg. It's funny because I went to a luxury motors where they have many upscale cars. I was looking to test drive a gs 400 that they had, but when I got there it was sold. The guy wanted my to test drive the 02 540 6sp. It had 42K miles on it. The check engine light was on, I had to push the gas pedal in to keep it from stalling at the red light. Everything rattled, my wife was sitting next to me and said she would never let me buy that car.
Old 12-16-04, 09:05 AM
DDLexus
Racer

LSStyle.
My wife told me that we will never get a BMW again. This car was the devil. It looked great, turned heads, but was never running right. Even after several service visits, a new problem would arrive. I loved that 535i, but cannot convince my wife that German engineered cars fit our needs. In the meantime, we'll drive our Honda/Acura or Toyota/Lexus.
Old 12-16-04, 10:49 AM
LStyle
Pole Position

Break
My
Wallet
Old 12-16-04, 01:42 PM
NC211
Rookie

All I got to say is my 10 year old "almost" 95 LS400 is the nicest car I've ever owned. I've owned Infiniti, BMW 530, Subaru, VW, Acura & GMC. This 90k mile car, bar it's $1,200 for updated mounts and bushings, is the most comfortable, reliable, sexy, smooth and luxurious piece of machinery I've ever owned. And the best part, it only cost me $14k. Talk about avoiding depreciation crunch. BMW's are nice, but Better Maintain Weekly is no joke. One little thing breaks, and it's a like a cancer, it festers into other areas. Example: Windsield washers broke "jammed" on my 530i. That turned into a burnt out relay motor, which turned into something with the AC, which turned into an alternator and some $500 relay switch. Which turned into an Infiniti I30, which turned into increadible wind noise from the back windows, which turned into my Lexus. When this one get's passed down the food chain to my son, I'll be getting a newer used LS again, that's for sure.

Quick Reply: Seriously, w/o bias bmw745i or LS430CL 04'