Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05 | 05:35 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Brenden,

I'll try resending pics later or i'll just post it here..

Ken
Old 01-07-05 | 06:22 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by 2SAVVY
Brenden,

I'll try resending pics later or i'll just post it here..

Ken
Awesome! Thanks Ken.
Old 01-07-05 | 10:34 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Where abouts in the U.S.? You can go to www.lexus.ca & get in contact with their customer satisfaction center.......see if they have room left. There is also another tour happening in May 2005. Good Luck!

Ken, I should be recieving my 'Package' in the mail from Lexus this afternoon......they Fed Ex'd it to me.......already booked off the Jan 25th date as a vacation day to boot!
thanks...

how often do they have tours?

would i send something here? https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experienc...us_general.jsp
Old 01-08-05 | 02:35 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Originally Posted by LEXUS FAN!
thanks...

how often do they have tours?

would i send something here? https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experienc...us_general.jsp
I'll know more on Jan 25th the answer to your first question.......I'm not sure what your asking exactly with your second question Lexus Fan? Please explain. Rumour has it, there will be another one in April or May of this year. I have contacts now so I just might attend another one too.
Old 01-08-05 | 11:14 PM
LEXUS FAN!
Lead Lap

I'll know more on Jan 25th the answer to your first question.......I'm not sure what your asking exactly with your second question Lexus Fan? Please explain. Rumour has it, there will be another one in April or May of this year. I have contacts now so I just might attend another one too.
my second question was because you said to send a letter or something to Lexus customor relations of canada at that website, and i was wondering if that was the place i was suppose to send it (see link)

thanks
Old 01-09-05 | 07:06 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Ok too lazy to upload pictures to yahoo so Brenden here ya go.

Ken
Attached Thumbnails RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)-wedding.jpg  
Old 01-09-05 | 12:12 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Wink

Thanks Ken!! Nice Pic!! is your e-mail address on your 'public profile'? I'll scan a pic of my wife (Karen) & I and send it to you.

Lexus Fan........if one is invited to the Lexus plant in Cambridge, Lexus Canada send you via Fed Ex some paperwork to fill out.......you in return have to fax it back with your information. Thats how it works.
Old 01-14-05 | 08:36 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Brenden,

Got another package from Lexus with all the confirmed times and meeting points for the tour. Since you will be getting the Lexus Coach at Lexus Canada's headoffice they want you to gather in Boardroom # LB104 on the main floor. Departure is 9:30 sharp.

You should be seeing your second package soon with all this info. Talked to Sonia this past week and there is a chance they will be showing a 400h at the reception but its not confirmed yet.

Ken
Old 01-15-05 | 10:10 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Brenden,

Got another package from Lexus with all the confirmed times and meeting points for the tour. Since you will be getting the Lexus Coach at Lexus Canada's headoffice they want you to gather in Boardroom # LB104 on the main floor. Departure is 9:30 sharp.

You should be seeing your second package soon with all this info. Talked to Sonia this past week and there is a chance they will be showing a 400h at the reception but its not confirmed yet.

Ken
Yup, got the second package.......I'll be there Still not sure what to wear lol......I can't even wear my Lexus baseball hat oh well. I went to the Langdon Hall website, you should see the menu! omg! lol funny thing is, I thought it was a buffet lunch?!

http://www.langdonhall.ca/
Old 01-25-05 | 04:59 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Well just got back from the first ever Lexus RX plant tour and luncheon put on by Lexus Canada. I must say what a wonderful time both my wife and I had. After seeing what goes on behind the making of an RX330 really makes me want to go out and get one.

Couple interesting facts we learned today.

1. A new RX comes off the assembly line every 120 seconds
2. Only 50 Lexus trained employees work per shift (2 shifts per day Mon to Fri)
3. Quality issues on any Lexus model make it back to the specific plant within 10 days
4. They admit to monitoring ClubLexus (So if they see this HI)
5. Lexus intends to get their JD power rating to 50 (Wow)

From the coach bus ride to the lunch (More like a full course meal) at Langdon Hall in Cambridge to the plant tour it was Lexus to the Nth degree.

Discussions with the marketing people and quality technicians at the plant show how much care and love they have for automobiles in general.

Brenden (LexusFreak) and his wife Karen were great to talk to as well on the bus ride and at the event. I'm sure he will add alot more to this.

Before I forget we got 4 gifts for attending the event

1. Lexus Pen (Really nice)
2. Lexus travel mug
3. Lexus key chain
4. Toyota crayons (Weird gift at the plant but appreciated none the less)

Now the IS from what we were told is going to be one super special car. Can't wait for the Geneva show where one Lexus executive plain and simple said BMW will be floored.
Old 01-25-05 | 05:18 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

That sounds awesome Ken makes me so envious, I wish I'll have an opportunity to visit some day. Where are the pics ?
Old 01-25-05 | 05:26 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SexySC
That sounds awesome Ken makes me so envious, I wish I'll have an opportunity to visit some day. Where are the pics ?
Cameras not allowed and I didn't want to get thrown out so I didn't bother bringing one. I'll take some pics of the gifts a bit later tonight after I see Autoroxs on Spike TV
Old 01-25-05 | 06:00 PM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Talking

Well just got back from the first ever Lexus RX plant tour and luncheon put on by Lexus Canada. I must say what a wonderful time both my wife and I had. After seeing what goes on behind the making of an RX330 really makes me want to go out and get one.

Couple interesting facts we learned today.

1. A new RX comes off the assembly line every 120 seconds
2. Only 50 Lexus trained employees work per shift (2 shifts per day Mon to Fri)
3. Quality issues on any Lexus model make it back to the specific plant within 10 days
4. They admit to monitoring ClubLexus (So if they see this HI)
5. Lexus intends to get their JD power rating to 50 (Wow)

From the coach bus ride to the lunch (More like a full course meal) at Langdon Hall in Cambridge to the plant tour it was Lexus to the Nth degree.

Discussions with the marketing people and quality technicians at the plant show how much care and love they have for automobiles in general.

Brenden (LexusFreak) and his wife Karen were great to talk to as well on the bus ride and at the event. I'm sure he will add alot more to this.

Before I forget we got 4 gifts for attending the event

1. Lexus Pen (Really nice)
2. Lexus travel mug
3. Lexus key chain
4. Toyota crayons (Weird gift at the plant but appreciated none the less)

Now the IS from what we were told is going to be one super special car. Can't wait for the Geneva show where one Lexus executive plain and simple said BMW will be floored.
You summed this up very well Ken My wife & I had an AWESOME time & it was a pleasure to finally meet you & your wife Liz! We hope to meet up with you again perhaps at the Toronto Auto Show in Feb or in the upcoming spring Toronto Lexus meet Not to much to add to Ken's comments (kind of tired actually from the day's events lol).

One of the folks we did have a chance to talk with for a decent period of time was the Director of Lexus Canada himself which was just fantastic as he was asking our thoughts & opinions on past & future Lexus products including the vehicles we currently drive. Just every Lexus rep they had for the trip, lunch & at the plant itself were very welcoming, helpful, informative & very personable. An outstanding experence & I hope eventually to have the oppurtunity to attend again in the near future!

I wish we had pics to share too everyone......no cameras were allowed into the plant however & unfortunately, the gift shop was also closed.
Old 01-26-05 | 06:54 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

You summed this up very well Ken My wife & I had an AWESOME time & it was a pleasure to finally meet you & your wife Liz! We hope to meet up with you again perhaps at the Toronto Auto Show in Feb or in the upcoming spring Toronto Lexus meet Not to much to add to Ken's comments (kind of tired actually from the day's events lol).

One of the folks we did have a chance to talk with for a decent period of time was the Director of Lexus Canada himself which was just fantastic as he was asking our thoughts & opinions on past & future Lexus products including the vehicles we currently drive. Just every Lexus rep they had for the trip, lunch & at the plant itself were very welcoming, helpful, informative & very personable. An outstanding experence & I hope eventually to have the oppurtunity to attend again in the near future!

I wish we had pics to share too everyone......no cameras were allowed into the plant however & unfortunately, the gift shop was also closed.
Can't believe how tired I still am after the tour yesterday. So much information about how Lexus operates my head is spinning.

I agree with you on the best part was that 30 minute chat we had with the Director of Lexus Canada. He wasn't very worried about the pricing of the Infiniti M cars vs the new GS. From the chat we had about the upcoming IS I am beginning to regret buying the G35 since the IS sounds so much better. I will be sending Lexus Customer service a really nice email later today thanking them for including myself and my wife on the plant tour. On that survey they made us fill out at the end I wish they gave us more than 15 minutes to fill out. Just had so many thoughts in my head I didn't get alot of time to process it down onto paper.

As for the Autoshow we are planning to go on Feb. 21 since I am off that day so I can go with Liz to her ultrasound. First time we will be able to see the baby (Pretty cool). Not sure how that works for you and Karen but PM me and we'll see what we can work out since we both want to hook up again.

Ken
Old 01-26-05 | 10:06 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

Can't believe how tired I still am after the tour yesterday. So much information about how Lexus operates my head is spinning.

I agree with you on the best part was that 30 minute chat we had with the Director of Lexus Canada. He wasn't very worried about the pricing of the Infiniti M cars vs the new GS. From the chat we had about the upcoming IS I am beginning to regret buying the G35 since the IS sounds so much better. I will be sending Lexus Customer service a really nice email later today thanking them for including myself and my wife on the plant tour. On that survey they made us fill out at the end I wish they gave us more than 15 minutes to fill out. Just had so many thoughts in my head I didn't get alot of time to process it down onto paper.

As for the Autoshow we are planning to go on Feb. 21 since I am off that day so I can go with Liz to her ultrasound. First time we will be able to see the baby (Pretty cool). Not sure how that works for you and Karen but PM me and we'll see what we can work out since we both want to hook up again.

Ken
That's an excellent idea Ken!! & congrats to you both on the future little one!

We will probably miss each other for the auto show (I have the day off on Feb 24th so that's when Karen & I will be going). We hope to see you two at the Spring Toronto Lexus meet however! Sounds like a blast, with going to Niagara Falls to boot! Ask them what is involved about getting on the lista gain for a future plant tour & let me know! lol. Take care Ken.

Brenden

Quick Reply: RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)