Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-04, 08:42 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)

Well just recently got a phone call from Lexus Canada asking if I would be interested in being one of 48 vistors that would get the chance to tour the Cambridge plant that the RX 330 is being manufactured. Of course I said YES and on January 25, 2005 this will take place. Looks like a full day event and my wife and I are pretty excited.

Attached is the day's agenda:
Attached Thumbnails RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)-lexus1.jpg  
Old 12-12-04, 08:47 PM
ARISTO*7
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats sweet.. wished i had an invite
Old 12-12-04, 08:53 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Cover Letter Invitation
Attached Thumbnails RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)-lexus2.jpg  
Old 12-12-04, 10:39 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Wow very cool!

The Toyota/GM Plant (Nummi - Fremont) here in CA gives tours of the facility and assembly line everyday but weekends and holidays. Definitely intriguing to see how Toyotas (Corolla, Tacoma & Vibe) are assembled and built.

Last edited by flipside909; 12-12-04 at 10:39 PM.
Old 12-13-04, 05:37 AM
lexusk8
Lexus Fanatic

Received 21 Likes on 12 Posts

Very nice Savvy. I think it's very cool that the Director of Lexus Canada recognized ClubLexus on the cover letter

Have a great time at the tour, and of course, don't forget pics!
Old 12-13-04, 06:15 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

wow, that’s really cool man. Take many pics for us uninvited CLUB LEXUS members
Old 12-13-04, 06:52 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Actually the Club Lexus that Lexus Canada is refering to is what they offer to Lexus Canada owners where you can book online your service appointments and so on.

Check out www.lexus.ca to see what I speak of and it will make some sense.

Unfortunately no pictures or cell phones are allowed or I would be in picture heaven. Will have a detailed write-up after the event. This is the second cool Lexus event I have been invited to. The first was a golf day this past summer.
Old 12-13-04, 07:31 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

They don't invite any Lexus owners in Western Canada ? If I receive an invitation, I might fly over to see the plant
Old 12-13-04, 09:32 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

I responded in the RX forum.....Please add me (& my wife) to the tour if there is still room left. How did your go about arranging the tour exactly 2SAVVY? It's too bad it's not on a weekend, but what can you do right? lol & transportation is provided which is awesome!! I'm less than 10 minutes away from Lexus Canada Headquarters in Scarborough. Is the lunch on Lexus or what's the deal? lol
Old 12-13-04, 09:40 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
I responded in the RX forum.....Please add me (& my wife) to the tour if there is still room left. How did your go about arranging the tour exactly 2SAVVY? It's too bad it's not on a weekend, but what can you do right? lol & transportation is provided which is awesome!! I'm less than 10 minutes away from Lexus Canada Headquarters in Scarborough. Is the lunch on Lexus or what's the deal? lol
Wish I had the power to add you and your wife to the tour but I think since I have been part of past Lexus run events I was lucky enough to be on the list for the Plant Tour. What I can suggest is sending an email to Lexus Canada (Check www.lexus.ca for the link) and maybe if they do this again or if someone drops out you may get a chance to attend. Let me know how it works out for you.

As for the transportation Lexus takes care of it and lunch and refreshments are included according the the agenda they sent the Mrs and myself.
Old 12-13-04, 09:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man that's cool!!!! congrats!
Old 12-13-04, 10:29 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Cool

I have e-mailed Lexus Canada a couple of times in the last week.....both from work & home.....I keep getting an error message that my e-mail has not gone thru Is there a contact name that I should call directly or perhaps fax? E-mail isn't working Also rumour has it that there is going to be another Lexus tour plant at the Cambridge facility in May 05 so it won't be the end of the world if I miss this one, but I will sure try! Please get back to me 2SAVVY........thanks! (personally, I think they have blocked me! lmao).

Last edited by Lexusfreak; 12-13-04 at 10:34 AM.
Old 12-13-04, 10:47 AM
LexFather

Congrats! This is awesome. Go Clublexus!!

Old 12-13-04, 01:03 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

Actually that ClubLexus in Canada is backed by Lexus Canada...not the ClubLexus as we know here. The CL we know and Club Lexus Canada is not affiliated in anyway:

https://www.lexus.ca/lexus/experienc...nin_close.jsp?

Old 12-13-04, 02:33 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by Lexusfreak
I have e-mailed Lexus Canada a couple of times in the last week.....both from work & home.....I keep getting an error message that my e-mail has not gone thru Is there a contact name that I should call directly or perhaps fax? E-mail isn't working Also rumour has it that there is going to be another Lexus tour plant at the Cambridge facility in May 05 so it won't be the end of the world if I miss this one, but I will sure try! Please get back to me 2SAVVY........thanks! (personally, I think they have blocked me! lmao).
Check your PM I just sent you the contact person at Club Lexus Concierge who ran the golf tournament this past summer and I believe she is heading up this tour as well. Let me know how it works out for you since it would be cool to meet on the tour!

Ken

Quick Reply: RX 330 Plant Tour (review pg 3)