Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

PR: Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan & Crossover

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-04, 09:20 AM
looknow12
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default PR: Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan & Crossover

Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan and Crossover Concept Vehicle at 2005 North American International Auto
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/13/2004 Torrance, CA

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. will stage the world premier of the all-new 2005 Avalon full-size sedan at a press conference at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

In addition to the Avalon, Toyota will unveil an all-new crossover concept. The completely restyled and reengineered Toyota Avalon will feature significantly improved performance and a more luxurious interior as well as a new level of comfort and refinement when it goes on sale next year.

The press conference will be held on Monday, January 10 at 1:30 PM in the Riverview Ballroom in COBO Center and simulcast live via the Toyota.com website.

# # #
Attached Thumbnails PR: Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan & Crossover-avalon.gif  
Old 12-13-04, 10:08 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Another crossover??? How many does Toyota/Lexus need??

Last edited by magneto112; 12-13-04 at 10:08 AM.
Old 12-13-04, 10:19 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

My guess is the crossover might be derived from the LF-X concept ?
Old 12-13-04, 10:31 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink Re: PR: Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan & Crossover

Originally posted by looknow12
Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan and Crossover Concept Vehicle at 2005 North American International Auto
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

12/13/2004 Torrance, CA

Toyota Motor Sales (TMS), U.S.A., Inc. will stage the world premier of the all-new 2005 Avalon full-size sedan at a press conference at the 2005 North American International Auto Show in Detroit.

In addition to the Avalon, Toyota will unveil an all-new crossover concept. The completely restyled and reengineered Toyota Avalon will feature significantly improved performance and a more luxurious interior as well as a new level of comfort and refinement when it goes on sale next year.

The press conference will be held on Monday, January 10 at 1:30 PM in the Riverview Ballroom in COBO Center and simulcast live via the Toyota.com website.

# # #
I think it's actually going to be a 2006 model, not 2005. The 2005 is still the current generation.
Old 12-13-04, 10:46 AM
LexFather

Originally posted by SexySC
My guess is the crossover might be derived from the LF-X concept ?
I have no idea. The Highlander is car based, the RX is too. The 4-runner/GX are trucked based. There is no Toyota version of the GS here. Weird.

Old 12-13-04, 11:36 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian

Received 64 Likes on 49 Posts

Well there is the Rav4(isnt that Corolla based??), Matrix, Highlander for Toyota, RX330/400h, for Lexus, and xA and xB for Scion. Where is there another market for Toyota? I can see them building a crossover for Lexus that is more performance oriented to compete with FX, X5, and Cayenne, but thats about it. But what the hell. In Japan they got 20 different cars in the same damn price range(exaggeration). They might as well do the same thing here.
Old 12-13-04, 12:16 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
I have no idea. The Highlander is car based, the RX is too. The 4-runner/GX are trucked based. There is no Toyota version of the GS here. Weird.
Another cross over makes sense. i was waiting for that to see. they need some sporty cross over, like nissan murano. highlander is crossover but it's too conservative. they need sporty one to target market for younger buy. the average age of toyota buyer is getting older and older which isnt a good thing.
Old 12-13-04, 12:19 PM
STIG
Lexus Test Driver

Originally posted by magneto112
Well there is the Rav4(isnt that Corolla based??), Matrix, Highlander for Toyota, RX330/400h, for Lexus, and xA and xB for Scion. Where is there another market for Toyota? I can see them building a crossover for Lexus that is more performance oriented to compete with FX, X5, and Cayenne, but thats about it. But what the hell. In Japan they got 20 different cars in the same damn price range(exaggeration). They might as well do the same thing here.
yeah they have like 7 different kinds of mini van in the same price range but only a few crossover (harrier, kulger V?, and RAV4). Sequoia is exclusive for american market, i think.
Old 12-13-04, 12:42 PM
BrickHead
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When does the NAIA begin? I hope they unveil the IS330/350?? there too.
Old 12-13-04, 03:25 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Automotive News thinks that the crossover Toyota concept is, most likely, a predictor for the 2nd-generation Toyota Highlander.
Old 12-13-04, 03:29 PM
jruhi4
Lead Lap

Originally posted by BrickHead
When does the NAIA begin? I hope they unveil the IS330/350?? there too.
Here's the schedule:
Press Previews: Sunday 9 January to Tuesday 11 January 2005
Public Days: Saturday 15 January to Sunday 23 January 2005

Unfortunately, not a word thus far about the IS250/IS350. It's looking more & more like they're saving it for Geneva, Switzerland in March.
Old 12-13-04, 03:32 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

Lexus to Unveil Exotic Sports Car Concept Vehicle at NAIAS

12/13/2004 Torrance, CA

Lexus will stage the world premiere of its LF-A exotic sports car concept vehicle at a press conference during the North American International Auto Show on Sunday, January 9, 2005. The LF-A was designed to explore the outer limits of sports car performance, while showcasing a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand.

The 2005 Lexus GX 470 luxury utility vehicle makes its auto show debut in Detroit. The new GX receives a substantial gain in performance and technology with the addition of a more powerful V8 engine and a new Sport Package that includes the advanced Kinetic Dynamic Suspension System (KDSS) along with special trim. Equipping the 2005 GX 470's 4.7-liter V8 engine with the variable valve timing with intelligence (VVT-i) system and an electronic throttle control system with intelligence (ETCS-i) has increased output from 235 horsepower to 270.

Also showcased in Detroit is the new 2005 RX 330 Thundercloud limited edition, which offers a fresh option to America’s No. 1-selling luxury SUV. Sporting the exclusive Thundercloud Metallic exterior color and gray leather interior, the RX 330 Thundercloud Edition includes special five-spoke alloy wheels with contrasting color, a more aggressive front grille, special edition emblems on front doors and floor mats, and Black Bird’s Eye Maple interior wood trim.

The Lexus Press conference highlighting the LF-A concept vehicle will be held Sunday, January 9, 2005 at 1:45pm at the Riverview Ballroom in COBO Center.
Old 12-13-04, 03:35 PM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

[img]http://elit3.com/upload/toyotaav.jpg[img]
Old 12-13-04, 03:39 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by LexusLuver
Lexus will stage the world premiere of its LF-A exotic sports car concept vehicle at a press conference during the North American International Auto Show on Sunday, January 9, 2005. The LF-A was designed to explore the outer limits of sports car performance, while showcasing a bold new direction in styling for the Lexus brand.
Ahh...enough concepts and bring them to production already!!!

That said, can't wait to see it unveiled!!

Edit: Here's the link to the source: http://www.prnewswire.com/cgi-bin/st...2004,+01:33+PM

Last edited by XeroK00L; 12-13-04 at 03:41 PM.
Old 12-13-04, 06:59 PM
LexusChris
Racer

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

TheCarConnection.com says the new crossover vehicle will be based on the all-new 2006 Toyota Highlander and the LX 470 will recieve and updated 270 HP and anti-roll bar. I am guessing the new crossover will compete against the Freestyle and Pacifica.

Quick Reply: PR: Toyota Debuts All-New Third Generation Avalon Sedan & Crossover