Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

How Old R U and what model do u own?

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05 | 01:17 PM
usmanj
Lead Lap

Last edited by usmanj; 09-09-14 at 06:34 AM.
Old 01-10-05 | 12:56 AM
0l33l
Lexus Test Driver

16... own a 95' Lexus SC300... go to 11th grade and do some Delphi programming when I get the chance (voice activated navigation ).
Old 01-10-05 | 05:43 AM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by usmanj
No you don't
Yes I do, among a bunch of other things
Old 01-17-05 | 02:06 PM
jpcdmd
Advanced

Bought my 01 LS430 UL a year ago at 29.

Stay in school and reap the rewards!
Old 01-17-05 | 05:12 PM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

i don't understand what's so shocking about 16, 17, 18 year olds driving nice cars. i understand buying a nice new luxury car is a lot money for a teenager, or for most teenagers... and i can't say anything for anyone else but i've never spent a dime on anything with my own money... ever since i was a little kid i stored my money (whenever i got it) into my little stash... of course now that im a lot older i do tend to spend a bit more but that has never stopped me from saving... i won't say how much i've accumulated but i can say that i could've bought my car without the help of my parents... of course they bought my car for me but that was used and a very good price at that... i'm korean and for the korean members... i'm pretty sure you know how the other korean adults view a kid that drives around a nice lexus... (with mods)...

but my parents spent less money on my used lexus GS430 than other parents did buying their kids brand new fully loaded accords... its just the fact that its a lexus that i get stares (which are not stares of awe at the mods but stares of jealousy and hate).... i just think i shopped around for the best deal and product... i didn't rush into it like the others did.. i waited looked around and checked a lot of other cars but this was just the best bargain... and even at 70k miles, my car has less problems than their accords, their 6's, their altimas and maximas with less than a quarter of the mileage...
Old 01-17-05 | 05:35 PM
Woogie
Lexus Champion

17 years old ; Es300
Old 01-17-05 | 10:46 PM
MoFunk
Driver

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
i don't understand what's so shocking about 16, 17, 18 year olds driving nice cars. i understand buying a nice new luxury car is a lot money for a teenager, or for most teenagers... and i can't say anything for anyone else but i've never spent a dime on anything with my own money... ever since i was a little kid i stored my money (whenever i got it) into my little stash... of course now that im a lot older i do tend to spend a bit more but that has never stopped me from saving... i won't say how much i've accumulated but i can say that i could've bought my car without the help of my parents... of course they bought my car for me but that was used and a very good price at that... i'm korean and for the korean members... i'm pretty sure you know how the other korean adults view a kid that drives around a nice lexus... (with mods)...
Okay, great, if you could have bought it yourself then why didnt you? When people look at you and think ' spoilt kid ' do you think they're wrong? I wouldn't say you're spoilt but can you see where that would stem from?

There's no use saying you could have when you haven't. That's irrelevant. But to answer your first question read my previous posts.
Old 01-18-05 | 06:12 AM
tofu_house
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MoFunk
Okay, great, if you could have bought it yourself then why didnt you? When people look at you and think ' spoilt kid ' do you think they're wrong? I wouldn't say you're spoilt but can you see where that would stem from?

There's no use saying you could have when you haven't. That's irrelevant. But to answer your first question read my previous posts.
first off, the reason i didn't buy myself the car and my parents did is because they wanted me to save my money for the future, they said it'd be better for me to save it and really use it when i had too... i was going to buy a 96 supra TT stick with my own cash but they didn't like the fact that i was going to buy a stick and they wanted me to drive a 4 door car... they have something against coupes.... they thought it'd be a better idea that they buy me the GS...

secondly... i can see that people would think i'm spoiled... i drive a nice car for a teenager and i'm really greatful to my parents for buying me such an awesome car and putting their trust in me with it... but the fact of the matter is.... money spent on accord for their kids = the money spent on GS for me... just pointing out that it is indeed a new level of car for a teenager but my parents spent the same amount of money getting me the GS while other parents spent it on accords... and gotta say... the insurance for a teen in a two door accord is more than a teen in a 4 door GS...

but i understand you completely... it is a bit crazy for a teen to buy a new luxury car by their own means... but if i bought the GS by myself... it wouldn't have been new...

Last edited by tofu_house; 01-18-05 at 06:16 AM.
Old 01-18-05 | 07:59 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

18 yrs old: 98 GS 300
Old 01-18-05 | 08:10 AM
NoS
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by BrianGS430
first off, the reason i didn't buy myself the car and my parents did is because they wanted me to save my money for the future, they said it'd be better for me to save it and really use it when i had too... i was going to buy a 96 supra TT stick with my own cash but they didn't like the fact that i was going to buy a stick and they wanted me to drive a 4 door car... they have something against coupes.... they thought it'd be a better idea that they buy me the GS...

secondly... i can see that people would think i'm spoiled... i drive a nice car for a teenager and i'm really greatful to my parents for buying me such an awesome car and putting their trust in me with it... but the fact of the matter is.... money spent on accord for their kids = the money spent on GS for me... just pointing out that it is indeed a new level of car for a teenager but my parents spent the same amount of money getting me the GS while other parents spent it on accords... and gotta say... the insurance for a teen in a two door accord is more than a teen in a 4 door GS...

but i understand you completely... it is a bit crazy for a teen to buy a new luxury car by their own means... but if i bought the GS by myself... it wouldn't have been new...
I agree 100%. When my parents and I purchased the car together, they paid 50%, I paid 25%, and am currently making payments for the rest. Anyhow I had a choice between the Lexus or a new Honda Accord since we bought it from a Honda dealership, guess which i picked?

I will admit I HATE IT when haters hate just because I do own a lexus (however it sits in the garage 90% of the time) and I drive the 93 Mazda MX3 to college, work, etc. And mostly take the Lexus to church, weddings, etc.

Anyhow
Old 01-18-05 | 09:22 AM
BGLEXGS430
Driver School Candidate

24 And I Have An 02 Gs 430
Old 01-18-05 | 09:36 AM
GFerg
Speaks French in Russian
CL Folding 25,000

20 and own a ES300 and a 1997 Maxima that I drive around most of the time. Surprisingly I love the Max more than the ES, however I love Lexus more than Nissan/Infiniti.
Old 01-18-05 | 09:51 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Sorry, I make it a rule not to vote in surveys that use 'R' & 'U' in place of 'are' & 'you'.
Old 01-18-05 | 04:01 PM
RTIS250
Yes. I drove the LFA.
CL Folding 500000

22.. and no lex here. You'd think bein a lexus tech, i could afford one, nope. lol. I do, however, have a 99 Camaro SS, a 93 GMC Sierra, and an 02 GSX-R1000... when i get my master lease, i will likely pick up a GX for my mother.
Old 01-18-05 | 04:06 PM
SCRUFFDOGG
Lexus Champion

32, just sold the '02 IS and bought an '04 GX and anxiously waiting for the '06 GS I want to add to the garage.

Quick Reply: How Old R U and what model do u own?