Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

New Audi Australia Boss denounces Lexus.

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-04, 05:44 AM
MoFunk
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Itsuki_23
Funny that employee of Audi is saying those things. From a BMW or to a lesser extent Mercedes person would not loose so much face saying those things. BMW does not share its components with any lower price range brands, but after Mercedes and Chrysler merged during last few years Mercedes has been sharing lot of components with Chrysler.

First of all VAG - Volkswagen Audi Group is has 4 large brands under its hat + Porsche and Lamborghini. Those big 4 are Audi, Vokswagen, Seat and Skoda(budget oriented, origin is Eastern-European before VAG bought it up http://www.skoda-auto.com/ ). For example Audi A8 has rear cup holders that were initially used on smaller class cheap Skoda etc.
Dont they also have Bentley and Bugatti? I know the Bentley had the W12 engine made by VW.

Oh by the way, reading all these responses has made me feel alot better, when i first read the article i felt like driving over to my sister's house and kicking the crap out of her A3...glad i didnt

Last edited by MoFunk; 12-23-04 at 05:46 AM. Reason: typos