Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti advertising, no shame, still sad and othe winter ads

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-04, 09:33 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 26 Likes on 20 Posts
Default The Hummer Ad

The ad that pisses me right off is the new H2 one.

The ad shows a mother taking her kid to school and she offers to drop him off a block before to not embarass him. He says no that's cool, leave me in front. As he gets out, the "cool kids" all stop and stare as he walks right thru them and says "sup?".

One goes "Nice Ride." and the camera pans back from a black H2 in all it's overweight, excessive, gas guzzling glory.

Versatile off road machine eh? So then why are they marketing it as a kid hauler driven by his yuppie mom?

Cuz it's KEWL y0!

PFFT.
Old 12-27-04, 10:19 AM
LexFather

Sigh.....
So I'm watching T.V late again. Mind you, late t.v has those "other ads". Some awful local ads here
1. Men looking for men ads
2. Private Investigator ads, basically the ad was about hiring them to see if your spouse is cheating.
3. $99 Divorce ads by lawyers. Sickening.

It is clear high-end stores/brands totally AVOID this time to advertise.

The man and lady from INFINITII come on again. I get ready to look for the fine print for the $197 G35. INSTEAD, they advertise the FX35, at $279 a month!!! SIgh......$279 a month for a FX35.

BTW, the dealer is Roswell Infiniit. And the man and lady are so eager to be on T.V, they stand in the way of ALL the cars in the rear. You can't make any of them out.

So, I'm thinking to myself "got to go post this too" and the very NEXT ad is for NISSAN. Get this.
They had a same downpayment/monthly payement deal.
$199 down/$199 a month for a Sentra. So a Nissan Sentra in advertising is more expensive than a G35.
$279 down/$279 a month for an Altima. So a Nissan Altima in advertising is a substantianally better car than a G35. According to NIssan (and if you visit Altimas.net, some will try to convince you this is true).
Finally
$379 down/$379 a month for a new Pathfinder. So they are telling people Pathfinder>FX35

These are the LITTLE things, Infiniti fails to manage to improve their image. I know about cars, so I still know the G35 is clearly the best car here. But to the average consumer, they are probably happy to hear how affordable a new Infiniti is and how much more expensive a new Nissan is.