Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Infiniti Announces Mistake in Performance Tire & Wheel Package for '05

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-04, 02:10 PM
LexFather

Default Infiniti Announces Mistake in Performance Tire & Wheel Package for '05

"December 15, 2004

To: All Dealer Principals, Executive Managers and Sales Managers

Subject: 2005 G35 Coupe – Performance Tire and Wheel Package

We have recently learned that the G35 Coupe automatic (Model Code 99215) configured with the Performance Tire and Wheel Package (T01) is not equipped with a Viscous Limited Slip Differential (VLSD) as outlined in our MY05 product information materials. We have notified all dealers that may have models equipped with this package in their inventory, and have advised them to not sell or deliver these units until replacement Monroney labels can be provided.

As a result of VLSD not being available in the T01 package, the price of the package has been reduced from $900 to $650, effective immediately. All dealers will be receiving updated price information over the next few days. For those units in Infiniti dealer inventory, these vehicles will be re-invoiced at the correct MSRP. This process will begin shortly, and should be concluded by early next week. All previously shipped vehicles that are in your current inventory will be re-invoiced to reflect the new pricing."

The following is from a G35 owner:
Somehow Infiniti screwed up big time. All of their promotional materials for '05 state that the Performance Tire and Wheel Package for the automatic coupes includes a Viscous Limited Slip Differential as it has in years past. But the reality is that this package does NOT contain a VLSD, and Infiniti just announced the mistake last week and dealers are just hearing about it now. For those who have an '05 auto coupe on order with this package, you may want to consider changing your order to the Sport Tuned Suspension Package which does include the VLSD. For those of you who have already taken delivery of an '05 coupe with the Performance package, you need to contact your dealership and get a refund of $250, and while you are there, tell them how unhappy you are that this kind of mistake could have occured. Apparantly the right hand does not know what the left hand is doing at Infiniti these days.

Prolix

Old 12-29-04, 02:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

man that's pretty stupid.... so do i have the choice to force them buy back the car? i mean, i could have gotten this car coz' i want the lsd in THIS particular package?