Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Don't Want to Drive the Lex anymore?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-04, 11:04 PM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't Want to Drive the Lex anymore?

Just wondering how many of you stop wanting to drive you car as much the more you mod it...

for me the more i do to it, the less i have the heart to drive it. i guess it's understandable with the way so many ppl drive out there, but it's a waste to not drive the car much
Old 12-30-04, 11:06 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

That's understandable.

Since 1997, I've logged about only 5k miles on my BMW. That's less than 700 miles per year.

Jon

Originally Posted by CarlssonLS400
Just wondering how many of you stop wanting to drive you car as much the more you mod it...

for me the more i do to it, the less i have the heart to drive it. i guess it's understandable with the way so many ppl drive out there, but it's a waste to not drive the car much
Old 12-31-04, 12:07 AM
LexusLuver
Lexus Test Driver

I really love your M3
Old 12-31-04, 12:27 AM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Thank you!

Best compliment I've heard about my BMW in the year 2004.

Jon

Originally Posted by LexusLuver
I really love your M3
Old 12-31-04, 12:37 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I am the reverse. The more I mod it, the more I want to be in the car.
Old 12-31-04, 01:58 AM
vraa
CL Folding Team Starter

Received 358 Likes on 207 Posts

I'm not allowed to mod my car.
And I hate it
Old 12-31-04, 05:22 AM
/Aerostar\
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Dtto
Old 12-31-04, 05:31 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wink

The more you mod it, the less you want to drive it? I'm not 100% sure I'm following what your trying to say here Carl? Are you afraid to drive it, or because of the money you have sunk into it, your worried about it getting damaged or totalled in an accident or something? Please explain in some more detail.
Old 12-31-04, 06:12 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 314 Likes on 192 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
The more you mod it, the less you want to drive it? I'm not 100% sure I'm following what your trying to say here Carl? Are you afraid to drive it, or because of the money you have sunk into it, your worried about it getting damaged or totalled in an accident or something? Please explain in some more detail.
Yep, I am sure that is what he means.

The more I mod mine, the more I want to drive it! If I lived in warmer climes, I would never drive my wife's car!!!

Right now my GS is in storage because of our harsh winters (salt and mud that is dumped on our roads) and I am suffering from GS deprivation.
Old 12-31-04, 06:35 AM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Neo
I'm with you! I just love driving my GS
Old 12-31-04, 07:59 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

CarlssonLS400, correct me if I'm wrong, but driving is NOT the problem..........PARKING is the problem. Leaving the car on the streets may be the problem.

I totally understand the feeling. Although my GS isn't modded, I really don't want to see it scratched up from other drivers (75% from people bumping into you from parking; 20% from car doors hitting your car, kids playing ball on the street, etc.; 5% from people leaning/sitting on your car while it's parked).

I LOVE driving my car. But I only take the GS out ONLY if I know that I can find a "safe" place to park it (even if I have to walk a long distance).

For those of you who you LOVE driving your car and you drive it everywhere (no exceptions), I challenge you. Come to NYC for one week and drive with me to several hot spots and park it for a few hours. I can almost guarantee that when you return, you'll see scratches on your bumper(s). I can almost guarantee that somone will swap paint with you.

Now, let's see how you feel about driving your car.
Old 12-31-04, 08:06 AM
Lexusfreak
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Cool

Originally Posted by Hameed
Yep, I am sure that is what he means.

The more I mod mine, the more I want to drive it! If I lived in warmer climes, I would never drive my wife's car!!!

Right now my GS is in storage because of our harsh winters (salt and mud that is dumped on our roads) and I am suffering from GS deprivation.
Just put some good winter rubber on her Hameed, rust proof & a good paint sealant (I have an awesome guy in Mississauga should you be intrested & the nicest guy!) & the price is right. He does celeberties vehicles actually, including John Candy (when he was alive), & Walter Gretzky to name but a couple. Salt on the car dosen't hurt the vehicle as long as the temperature is below freezing......above the freezing mark is a different matter.
Old 12-31-04, 08:16 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,310 Likes on 1,409 Posts

I'm the same way with my GS, just don't want to get it screwed up by rock chips, broken into, wheels stolen, etc. I want to drive it more, but I try not to take it out in the rain any longer, definitely not in snow or when there is salt on the roads, etc. And never to Home Depot, were it seems there is always a pickup truck waiting to ding my door (no kidding, happened like three times there).
Old 12-31-04, 08:26 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by Lexusfreak
Just put some good winter rubber on her Hameed, rust proof & a good paint sealant (I have an awesome guy in Mississauga should you be intrested & the nicest guy!) & the price is right. He does celeberties vehicles actually, including John Candy (when he was alive), & Walter Gretzky to name but a couple. Salt on the car dosen't hurt the vehicle as long as the temperature is below freezing......above the freezing mark is a different matter.
For me, it's not quite as simple as that:
1. Raise car and realign
2. Buy some crappy wheels
3. Buy some good winter tires
4. Rust proof car - they also drill holes in the doors and elsewhere. I don't want any new holes in my car
5. Greater chance than normal of getting into an accident in snow (not necessarily me hitting someone, but vice versa). I don't want my GS ever to be in an accident.
6. I park my car in the garage where the temp is usually above freezing, so that would be major problem when there is salt on the car.
7. Salt wreaks havoc on the Tein Flex suspension
8. Come spring - lower car and realign again.

All of the above adds up to a lot of money and inconvenience. Just not worth it to me bro! I would rather suffer from "GS driving deprivation" than go through the inconvenience and cost of all of the above.

Last edited by Hameed; 12-31-04 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-31-04, 08:29 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
I'm the same way with my GS, just don't want to get it screwed up by rock chips, broken into, wheels stolen, etc. I want to drive it more, but I try not to take it out in the rain any longer, definitely not in snow or when there is salt on the roads, etc. And never to Home Depot, were it seems there is always a pickup truck waiting to ding my door (no kidding, happened like three times there).
You're killing me Dave!

I can understand the part about not driving the car in snow and going to Home Depot, but the rest of the reasons sound like feeble excuses not to drive that awesome car of yours!!

Broken into, wheels stolen (where do you live, downtown Harlem?), rock chips, rain??? Come on Dave, enjoy that beast of yours some more!!

Do they put salt on your roads in Atlanta even though you hardly ever get any snow?

Quick Reply: Don't Want to Drive the Lex anymore?