Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Largest Lexus Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-05, 07:59 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

Hey Guys! Wow, you could all work for Penske Automotive Group with all the information you have. I'm impressed. Yes, Longo Toyota is the world's largest Toyota dealership and Longo Lexus is #2 in the USA. In 2004 Longo Toyota sold over 20,000 new cars which is a new world record. And Longo Lexus sold over 900 new cars which broke our record form last year. We are like our own small city here in El Monte with Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Starbucks, Subway, AAA, Enterprise, etc. And Penske is part of United Automotive Group (UAG), but directly Penske owns Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes, Honda, and Scion. Greg Penske has been driving a LS430 for as long as I've known and Tom Rudnai (VP) a GS430. Both gents can drive ANY car they wish, but it's a true testament to Lexus products. In addition, Penske Automotive Group is a GREAT place to work. Happy employees mean happier customers.
Old 01-07-05, 08:03 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeap.

I am pretty sure Mr. Penske himself is very partial to Lexus. There are also two dealerships under his company name in my neighborhood: Penske Mercedes and Jaguar.

He's a smart man for picking a Lexus automobile as his daily transportation.

Jon

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
Hey Guys! Wow, you could all work for Penske Automotive Group with all the information you have. I'm impressed. Yes, Longo Toyota is the world's largest Toyota dealership and Longo Lexus is #2 in the USA. In 2004 Longo Toyota sold over 20,000 new cars which is a new world record. And Longo Lexus sold over 900 new cars which broke our record form last year. We are like our own small city here in El Monte with Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Starbucks, Subway, AAA, Enterprise, etc. And Penske is part of United Automotive Group (UAG), but directly Penske owns Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes, Honda, and Scion. Greg Penske has been driving a LS430 for as long as I've known and Tom Rudnai (VP) a GS430. Both gents can drive ANY car they wish, but it's a true testament to Lexus products.
Old 01-07-05, 08:08 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Smile

Yes! You are thinking of Penske Motorcars. They closed the Jaguar dealership last year and now it's one giant Mercedes dealership over in Covina.
Old 01-07-05, 08:09 PM
marcpitch
Driver

As much as I am impressed about Longo, I am not likely to be shopping 3,000 miles away. It is, however, appealing to be able to go get a grande' at Starbucks, walk across the showroom and see how it fits into the new GS cupholders!

There must some other huge volume Lexus dealers within 300 miles of Philly. Any non-Longo-inians from the east who can offer some possibilities?
Old 01-07-05, 08:24 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Whoa. I didn't even know this. Thanks for the update.

Jon

Yes! You are thinking of Penske Motorcars. They closed the Jaguar dealership last year and now it's one giant Mercedes dealership over in Covina.
Old 01-08-05, 01:56 AM
xioix
Racer

west covina
Old 01-09-05, 11:05 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by marcpitch
As much as I am impressed about Longo, I am not likely to be shopping 3,000 miles away. It is, however, appealing to be able to go get a grande' at Starbucks, walk across the showroom and see how it fits into the new GS cupholders!

There must some other huge volume Lexus dealers within 300 miles of Philly. Any non-Longo-inians from the east who can offer some possibilities?
PrestigeLexus.com they can't compete with the west coast but they have a lot of inventory and a very nice setup
Old 01-10-05, 12:52 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Hey Guys! Wow, you could all work for Penske Automotive Group with all the information you have. I'm impressed. Yes, Longo Toyota is the world's largest Toyota dealership and Longo Lexus is #2 in the USA. In 2004 Longo Toyota sold over 20,000 new cars which is a new world record. And Longo Lexus sold over 900 new cars which broke our record form last year. We are like our own small city here in El Monte with Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Starbucks, Subway, AAA, Enterprise, etc. And Penske is part of United Automotive Group (UAG), but directly Penske owns Lexus, Toyota, Mercedes, Honda, and Scion. Greg Penske has been driving a LS430 for as long as I've known and Tom Rudnai (VP) a GS430. Both gents can drive ANY car they wish, but it's a true testament to Lexus products. In addition, Penske Automotive Group is a GREAT place to work. Happy employees mean happier customers.
thanks for the info eliz good to know that i keep on contributing to the new car sales at longo!!!!
Old 04-14-05, 02:07 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

The largest Lexus dealer in the U.S.!
Longo Lexus in El Monte, Los Angeles, CA is the largest Lexus dealer in the country (2005 year-to-date)!
Longo Lexus just beat out JM Lexus in Florida as largest Lexus dealership in the United States!
Old 04-14-05, 04:30 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Marcpitch, I used to live in Fox Chapel, PA, a suburban neighborhood in Pittsburgh-- And now I'm not even 20 miles away from Longo Lexus
Old 04-14-05, 05:35 PM
xioix
Racer

Originally Posted by 2000gs300
Marcpitch, I used to live in Fox Chapel, PA, a suburban neighborhood in Pittsburgh-- And now I'm not even 20 miles away from Longo Lexus
im not even 2 miles away
Old 04-14-05, 05:51 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

You bet there are. In the D.C area here ( the second-largest new car market in the country outside of SoCal ) we have some huge and excellent dealerships. Lexus of Rockville, MD and Pohanka Lexus in Chantilly, VA are both quite large, operate in high-class areas, and have a huge selection of both new and certified Lexus used cars. Of course, they do lack Longo's roof-covered new-car lot, but overall are quite impressive. Lindsay Lexus of Alexandria, VA is OK but somewhat less impressive...it is too crowded and cramped and sits in a poor location for getting in and out of. Lexus of Silver Spring, MD is a good dealership, with nice people, but doesn't have much of a selection. I'd try Rockville and Pohanka first.....PM me or check their web site for directions.

Last edited by mmarshall; 04-14-05 at 05:54 PM.
Old 04-14-05, 08:46 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
Longo Lexus just beat out JM Lexus in Florida as largest Lexus dealership in the United States!
finally, it's about time! congrats to longo!
Old 04-16-05, 04:47 PM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xioix
im not even 2 miles away

that's ganster.
how do u like the yoshinoya
Old 04-16-05, 06:38 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
finally, it's about time! congrats to longo!
Were these two dealerships ( Longo and JM) in some kind of a duel or something?

Quick Reply: Largest Lexus Dealers?