Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Largest Lexus Dealers?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-05, 06:51 PM
marcpitch
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Largest Lexus Dealers?

I was wondering where I could find out who the largest Lexus dealers (by volume) are within 300 miles of my home (Philly area). Is there a source for such information. I highly doubt I could just call Lexus' main offices and have them tell me. They seem to try and remain extremely neutral where dealerships are concerned. I learned that when I had a dealer problem in 1998.

I am looking at the new 2006 GS and wanted to have a sense as to where the large quantities might end up. I am also looking at the 2006 Infiniti M and have had little trouble determining who the largest dealers are for Infiniti. I have learned a lot through Freshalloy.com and the inventory aspect of Infiniti's website is a great source for seeing the dealers that stock and turn over a lot vehicles. Also, are there 1-3 dealerships in the country that are HUGE - perhaps advertising here, offering bigger discounts, and/or readily shipping Lexus' anywhere in the country?

For those that monitor Freshalloy.com, it is clear that Grubbs Infiniti in Dallas is a very large volume dealer offering very large discounts, catering to customers all over the contiguous 48 states.....any such Lexus dealer or dealer?

Thanks ahead of time for any help.
Old 01-06-05, 06:53 PM
xioix
Racer

i believe longo is the largest, but that is in CA
Old 01-06-05, 07:35 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 533 Likes on 282 Posts

There are two in the United States.

1) Penske owned Longo Lexus in El Monte, CA
2) JM Family Enterprises owned JM Lexus in Margate, FL

Longo Lexus is usually the first dealership in the United States to get the newest/exclusive allocation of vehicles since they are closest to the port of Long Beach. This is where many ClubLexus Mods/Admin and Members buy their vehicles. Longo is also home to world's largest Toyota & Scion dealership.
Old 01-06-05, 09:05 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

i am not sure about size, longo is either the largest or the second largest

but in terms of sales volume, they have been second all these time, just a tad shy of another huge dealership in the east
Old 01-07-05, 04:27 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

Since your in PA you might want to check out www.prestigelexus.com in Jersey their current location is tight but across the street/highway they are putting up a new building, maybe 4 times the size, I know their up their when it comes to moving cars.

All dealers should have a list of all the dealer locations that list them 1-whatever by how many vehicles they sell, monthly
Old 01-07-05, 04:44 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

First of all, how are we defining "large" ? Physical size? Acreage? Number of cars in stock? Number of employees? Number of new / used cars sold? Gross sales? Profit? Assets? Value of the property and buisness?

In terms of number of vehicles in stock, size of the property, vehicles sold, and value of the property and buisness, Koons Tysons Toyota /Scion in Northern Virginia...a wealthy area in the D.C. suburbs....is without question one of the largest if not THE largest Toyota / Scion dealer in the country. It would be interesting to compare Koons and Longo.
Old 01-07-05, 04:54 AM
<VENOM>
Lexus Champion

I was just going by number of new cars sold for Lexus cause he did say 2006 GS, I don't think Toyota an Scion sell Lexus

Prestige is way within 300 miles of his house
Old 01-07-05, 11:29 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by mmarshall
First of all, how are we defining "large" ? Physical size? Acreage? Number of cars in stock? Number of employees? Number of new / used cars sold? Gross sales? Profit? Assets? Value of the property and buisness?

In terms of number of vehicles in stock, size of the property, vehicles sold, and value of the property and buisness, Koons Tysons Toyota /Scion in Northern Virginia...a wealthy area in the D.C. suburbs....is without question one of the largest if not THE largest Toyota / Scion dealer in the country. It would be interesting to compare Koons and Longo.
We're talking about size, sales and total revenue. Longo is the largest Toyota dealership in the world with Scion and Lexus on the same property. You can look at Toyota Motor Sales' numbers and Longo Toyota is on the top. Plus they have an on site bodyshop, AAA office, Starbucks and Subway. They just recently added an 8 story parking structure to their property and expanded their inventory.

Here's proof:
http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_toyota_...news/index.htm

Here's Ward's Top 500:
http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/fil...ler500List.pdf
Old 01-07-05, 11:43 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Oh BTW, for those that don't know. The Southeast region for Lexus sales is controlled under a distributor, JM Family Enterprises. Not directly by TMS or Lexus USA. Longo Lexus and most other regions are serviced directly by their Regional Lexus USA territory. Lexus' that are sold in the Southeast are sold through a distributor, not Lexus USA directly. The reason why JM Lexus has the most numbers is because they have the power to allocate numbers of vehicles to any of their dealerships. Because they have the power to move the cars around in their own region, it's probable that those numbers can be spoofed.
Old 01-07-05, 11:51 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,257 Likes on 1,371 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909
We're talking about size, sales and total revenue. Longo is the largest Toyota dealership in the world with Scion and Lexus on the same property. You can look at Toyota Motor Sales' numbers and Longo Toyota is on the top. Plus they have an on site bodyshop, AAA office, Starbucks and Subway. They just recently added an 8 story parking structure to their property and expanded their inventory.

Here's proof:
http://wardsauto.com/ar/auto_toyota_...news/index.htm

Here's Ward's Top 500:
http://subscribers.wardsauto.com/fil...ler500List.pdf

Good links! Interesting that if they're on the same property they are treated as independent. The list has Longo Lexus listed separately, not combined with Toyota / Scion.

JM Lexus is listed as #4 overall with $264 revenue and 6,488 new units. Longo Lexus is #10 with $232 revenue and 5,683 new units. Koons is #17
Old 01-07-05, 12:09 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Good links! Interesting that if they're on the same property they are treated as independent. The list has Longo Lexus listed separately, not combined with Toyota / Scion.
That's correct. Longo Lexus is on the same property but seperate building from Toyota/Scion.
Old 01-07-05, 12:21 PM
Baby ///M3
Lexus Champion

Received 21 Likes on 13 Posts

Even among minority groups, Longo Toyota/Lexus is obviously one of the most recognized car dealerships here in So. Kali.

Even when the LS400 was first introduced 15 years ago, I could see Longo's sales manager (who's Caucasian) frequently showing up in Asian channels and speaking simple Chinese greeting words to its potential customers. That was pretty cool.

I checked back with them last year and it turned out that most of the sales reps. working nowadays are not the same folks I'd seen from the early 90s. What hasn't changed is their excellent service attitudes.

Jon
Old 01-07-05, 12:34 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Even the owner Mr. Penske was one of the first to drive around the LS400 around SoCal before Lexus was ever launched to the world! Now that's history...and explained in detail in "The Lexus Story" for those who haven't read it yet.
Old 01-07-05, 12:49 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

ah man, the good old history now on 10 freeway near el monte, there is NO way you can miss the longo sign
Old 01-07-05, 03:37 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by flipside909

Well......like I said in my last post, it would be interesting to compare the two. Koons is a huge outfit.......Longo is the only dealership I have seen yet that can equal or surpass them. And it's ironic, too, in another way.....the two dealerships and the numbers you post seem to back up, in a larger sense, what you and I already know......So Cal is the country's largest car market and the D.C.-Baltimore region is the runner-up, for pretty much the same reasons..... large and growing populations, wealth and jobs, huge suburban sprawl, limited public transportation, high disposable incomes, and a highly educated public (including you and me) that appreciates imported nameplates (as opposed to the Midwest where many people drive traditional American nameplates and shun foreign ones)

I've known the Koons family for many years...I went to high school with Jim Koons. We were in several classes together. He is now the owner of the Toyota / Scion shop....the family owns a number of other franchises too.

Quick Reply: Largest Lexus Dealers?