Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Acura RDX Concept Pics

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-05 | 06:09 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Default Acura RDX Concept Pics

Front.....
Attached Thumbnails Acura RDX Concept Pics-rdxfront.jpg  
Old 01-09-05 | 06:10 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Rear......
Attached Thumbnails Acura RDX Concept Pics-rdxback.jpg  
Old 01-09-05 | 06:13 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Rear 3/4.....
Attached Thumbnails Acura RDX Concept Pics-rdx34.jpg  
Old 01-09-05 | 06:34 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Yikes! I'm an Acura fan, but those photos do nothing for me. They make it look like a riced-out CR-V! I, for one, would have preferred to see Acura move UPMARKET for their next SUV rather than down. To me, the "R" designator should be indicative of the RL, not the RSX.

In fact, 1SickLex's thoughtful post in the M45 thread got me thinking... Lexus is the only Japanese luxury carmaker to have any consistency in their model names. The LS430 and LX470 are both top-of-the-line. The GS430 and GX470 both blend luxury and sportiness. I don't know their thinking on the RX330, ES330, and IS330, though. Maybe the sport-ute should have been called the EX330?

With Acura, the sedans flow from RSX to TSX to TL to RL. The coupes are the RSX and NSX, and the sport-ute is the MDX. Not bad, but not exactly logical or memorable. Infiniti is even worse, as 1SickLex pointed out they have chosen the worst, psychologically speaking, letters of the alphabet. Leave it to Nissan to pick the high-scoring Scrabble letters for their model names!
Old 01-09-05 | 06:48 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Looks all right to me. Rather like it, and while I think the taillights do work well here, I hope we don't start moving back to the "all the way across the width of the trunk" lights design of the early 90's.
Old 01-09-05 | 07:19 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Thumbs down

The front end looks like it got into a fight with a concrete barrier...and LOST.
Old 01-09-05 | 07:35 PM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wantAnewLex
The front end looks like it got into a fight with a concrete barrier...and LOST.
Front end looks okay to me, although the headlights have got some funky squinty styling going on. What's the deal with that big patch of silver in the middle of the rear bumper, though?
Old 01-09-05 | 09:19 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

Not my taste!!
Old 01-09-05 | 10:24 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion
CL Folding 10,000

Old 01-10-05 | 12:57 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Iceman
Y

With Acura, the sedans flow from RSX to TSX to TL to RL. The coupes are the RSX and NSX, and the sport-ute is the MDX. Not bad, but not exactly logical or memorable. I
The Acura names actually used to mean something. I don't know what the RSX, TSX, and MDX stand for since those are the newer names, but the TL=Touring Luxury, the RL=Road Luxury, the CL=Coupe Luxury, and the NSX was taken from the concept name NS-X which stood for New Sports Car Expirimental. Truthfully, I wish everyone would just stick to the original names like Legend, Integra, Soarer, Celsior, Aristo, President, Cima, Cefiro and such. They have much more ring and meaing to it than LS430, GS430, RL, TL, Q45 ane such.
Old 01-10-05 | 02:45 AM
Incendiary
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
The Acura names actually used to mean something. I don't know what the RSX, TSX, and MDX stand for since those are the newer names, but the TL=Touring Luxury, the RL=Road Luxury, the CL=Coupe Luxury, and the NSX was taken from the concept name NS-X which stood for New Sports Car Expirimental. Truthfully, I wish everyone would just stick to the original names like Legend, Integra, Soarer, Celsior, Aristo, President, Cima, Cefiro and such. They have much more ring and meaing to it than LS430, GS430, RL, TL, Q45 ane such.
President and Cima were Q45, right? What's Cefiro?
Old 01-10-05 | 04:03 AM
biker
Lead Lap

When the average person can't even tell the diff between Infiniti and Acura other than perhaps the brand name - the detail of the model name is rather meanigless - just some alphabet soup made up by the marketing guys.

Considering that Acura will follow the current formula of tarting up its Honda vehicles to make them Acuras - it's not unexpected that the RD-X will be CR-V based and proportioned. And considering that the production version almost never comes close to the concepts there's very little one can take from this one, except a very general feel for the next model. I'd venture to guess that Acura is aiming for the X3/RX330 crowd with this one - looks promising at this point.
Old 01-10-05 | 09:22 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by Iceman
. Leave it to Nissan to pick the high-scoring Scrabble letters for their model names!
Now that is a great observation! lol
Yeah, I mess Acura Legend, Vigor etc.
Again, and people dismiss this but many can't. Another downmarket move. Hello, this is Kia Sorento Price range. And Hyundai Tuscan and Nissan Froniter Range. Hell Toyota Rav-4 range.

This thing will be
1. Built in the USA
2. Built off the CR-V (Which I think is Civic car based?)
3. ANother 25-30k Acura vehicle (TSX and RSX already there)

Acura again, goes into niches no one else is really playing. Which is cool, they have never sold more cars than in 2004.
Old 01-10-05 | 11:23 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Incendiary
President and Cima were Q45, right? What's Cefiro?
I believe it was the Infiniti I30.
Old 01-10-05 | 12:01 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Ok, I like the exhaust, the ... the ... uh, ok, so basically only the exhaust is pleasing on this concept vehicle.

Everything else needs scrapped; especially the interior.

My guess is we'll see something nearly identical to this on the road very, very soon - hopefully Acura will take itself seriously enough to ditch the hideous orange seats.

M.

Quick Reply: Acura RDX Concept Pics