Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

500 HP!...wait...from a Ford Focus???

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-05, 05:26 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Received 160 Likes on 112 Posts

nope, never...
Old 01-14-05, 08:33 AM
WhiteTiger
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne
imagine this:

An all stock on the outside Sapphire blue metallic ford focus (no body kit), lowered, tinted windows, 17 inch rims, exhaust are the only thing that differentiate this from the the original on the outside...

Its 230 AM, You pull up next to a vette Z06 at a stoplight at the bottom of a 2 lane onramp to a 4 lane freeway and rev your engine...Immediately, he turns to you and laughs...rightly so, you are challenging him in a focus, but he wont be laughing long. You look back, and point at the light through the sunroof. He acknowledges with a rev to about 3K. you look at the light, and rev her up to 3.5. light tunrs green and BAM your off like a bat out of hell. take 1st to 40 MPH and double clutch it into 2nd with a PFSHT of the BOV and a chirp of the tires. You are ahead of him now by a bumper length, but its not over yet...as you accelerate through 2nd, you begin to pull away. you shift at 55MPH into 3rd and the both the BOV and the tires hit harder. In the rear view mirror, you can make the side of his car, your rear bumper is now dead even with his front...now in 3rd and accelerating, you glance at your boost gauge, you are maxed as you slam it into 4th at 100. You stand on it once again and with a last chirp of the tires and BOV noise you meet with the main freeway. you can now see his front wheel well in the rear view...and you are still pulling away as you shift seamlessly into 5th at 130...

at 145 MPH you flash your hazards and begin to slow down, he flies right by you. he takes the next exit and you follow, and at the stoplight, you get props for your amazing race, and a "What the F*** is under your hood???"

now thats a sleeper.
I agree that is a sleeper, but...

You forget that an alternative may exist. Like the Z06 did mods too (exhaust, cam, etc.) and has 100 shot! Romps the Focus, and only compliments it on being able to stay close enough to see his taillights. Of course they both might get nailed for racing too. Heck, the guy that owns the vette is probably home sleeping since many of them are over 50 anyway. (I can't count how many gray haired guys I've seen driving Vette's...LOL!)

P.S. I know the Focus is FWD, I'm just so used to stating things in RWHP, especially when it comes to muscle. And like I said earlier, without an upgraded brake system you are looking for trouble. I'd hate to have to make an urgent stop doing 145 mph at 2:30 am without the proper suspension and brake upgrades.
Old 01-14-05, 12:02 PM
LexFather

The Focus and Focus RS are loved in Europe.

Old 01-14-05, 01:38 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
The Focus and Focus RS are loved in Europe.
The RS has had allmost no good press here. The front diff is hell on anything but very smooth roads.