Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

People really PI$$ me off!! (selling car - buyer foolishness)

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-05, 01:42 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

hahha, this is sometihng very funny

yeah, there are always these people out there, it's always annoying
Old 01-24-05, 01:31 PM
robertbtx
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

"Firstly we had the guy that called and asked how much the car is. I said " Seventy nine ninety five" and he said. " Is that thousand?" No douchebag, Lexus's are on sale for $80."

I had one of those when I advertised my GS for $21,500. He wanted to know what was wrong with it that it was so cheap. I told him that was about the blue book value. He said, "Really? A '98 GS400 is only worth $215.00?" I hung up on him.
Old 01-24-05, 08:44 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

[QUOTE=mmarshall]
Originally Posted by rai
That's funny, Like CASH is any better than a check or something.

QUOTE]

Well, there IS a difference. Cash obviously can't bounce like a check....except for a cashier's check, which is bank-certified. Once you receive cash from someone it is YOURS, period. Of course the old stereotype (which I don't necessarily agree with) is that anybody walking around with $8000 in cash in their pockets is either a drug dealer or a bank robber.

Of course, a lot more is involved in a car sale (or in this case, a re-sale) than just money. You will probably need a notary public licensed to practice in your state to witness and sign the car's title over (unless the bank or dealership still has a lien on it and is keeping th title). It will also have to be re-registered at the state DMV with the new owner, and the tax on a used car sale paid, if applicable........and the problem often comes up with whose tags are going to be on the car between the resale and the second registration and who will be driving it to DMV.
That is why so many people simply choose to trade-in at a dealership even though you often don't get as much for the car....it saves a LOT of hassles.
Over here in florida, you just sign the title grab your plate and hand over the keys. Bill of sale is even optional.