Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

05 G35

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-05, 11:10 AM
Xenthar
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RNM GS3

Infiniti has to learn that it takes A LOT MORE to be a LUXURY car company than just building nicer cars. Service, Prestige, Appearance, etc. are also factors.
Infiniti is second to lexus when it comes to reliability and good customer service. This specific dealership just sucked
Old 01-25-05, 01:37 PM
-J-P-L-
Lexus Fanatic

Reggiek,
Are you getting rid of your SC? It sounds like you still love it and don't like anything out there more than the SC. So I'm a bit confused.

KEEP the SC!!!
Old 01-25-05, 03:59 PM
GStateOM
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Had a similar experience at an Infiniti dealer just a year ago when I was checking out the G35 sedan.

It may have been that particular Sunday afternoon, but it was a ghost town.
Old 01-25-05, 04:21 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default G35

Originally Posted by JLSC4
Reggiek,
Are you getting rid of your SC? It sounds like you still love it and don't like anything out there more than the SC. So I'm a bit confused.

KEEP the SC!!!

Nooooo waaay am I getting rid of the SC.....unless someone makes an offer I can't refuse or I decide to go for something higher than 40K. For the ones who are curious about the SC430, it would be a used one but I just can't get used to the headlights and bubble hood. It still looks sweet but it's just not me. The Porsche sounds interesting...a used one for around 40K but I'd be afraid of reliability issues. That goes for anything German. It looks like the G35 wins by default. It does have some good points. 280 bhp, reliability, can take low offset wheels meaning BIG lips on the rear, decent leg room, Bose stereo....mmnn, maybe it's not so bad. I'll take my time though. Gotta check out more cars. That GTO has how many horses? Interior is as good or better than G35. It's worth a look!
Old 01-25-05, 04:43 PM
Thomas C
Lead Lap

You should check out a used 996 Porsche 911 Carrera S, they go for around your price range and its a Porsche, nuff said. About the reliability issue, Porsche has one of the best records for reliability. Don't confuse them with BMW or MB, a Porsche is extremely reliable, go do some research and you will know what I mean.

This Carrera is on ebaymotors right now with a buy it now price of 35,000. And there are alot to choose from.

The new GTO has 400 hp but right now dealerships are trying to get rid of as many as they can because of bad sales. Most people don't like the way it looks, I don't know why, it looks pretty good to me.

But if I was in your position, I would definitely pick up a 966. It's a chick magnet.

Last edited by Thomas C; 01-25-05 at 04:54 PM.
Old 01-25-05, 05:33 PM
sc.Fred
Instructor

i personally like the sc430.. plus it's a LEXUS! the porsche is another sexy choice. were you planning on picking up a car fairly soon? or just car shopping right now?
Old 01-25-05, 06:12 PM
indelible
Lexus Test Driver

So you're not going to consider the corvette?
Old 01-26-05, 08:33 AM
LexFather

Well that dealership was pretty bad but I've haven't had much better experiences. The last 2 times I went, one was to test the Q45 and the saleslady didn't even know how everything operated. At least she approached us.
The dealer in Gwinett, I could have been walking around butt naked and I still would have gotten no attention. This was a couple years ago, what impressed me most was you could get a leather/sunroof G35 sedan for 28k. IMO, that is a pretty awesome deal.

Funny fact, the 1st Infiniti dealership I am talking about, moved into the old Lexus dealership 6 months ago.

Old 01-26-05, 10:17 PM
Davtown
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Thomas C
The new GTO has 400 hp but right now dealerships are trying to get rid of as many as they can because of bad sales. Most people don't like the way it looks, I don't know why, it looks pretty good to me.
The dealers are trying to get rid of the 04's with 350hp to make way for the 400hp model... still a great car, though

Reggie, so what are you thoughts on the Honda S2K?
Old 01-27-05, 03:48 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default g35

Originally Posted by Davtown
The dealers are trying to get rid of the 04's with 350hp to make way for the 400hp model... still a great car, though

Reggie, so what are you thoughts on the Honda S2K?
Well, I like the looks of the s2k. Very sporty but not for me. Too small and I'd never get a true convertible. Maybe a hardtop convertible like SL500 or SC430 but no soft tops.
Maybe I should consider some other coupe since my choices are limited. Maybe the Solara. Or the Accord coupe. Even the last Prelude. Problem is I can't see myself modding those cars...I'd have leave them stock. Naw, gotta mod.
Old 01-27-05, 08:09 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by reggiek
Well, I like the looks of the s2k. Very sporty but not for me. Too small and I'd never get a true convertible. Maybe a hardtop convertible like SL500 or SC430 but no soft tops.
Maybe I should consider some other coupe since my choices are limited. Maybe the Solara. Or the Accord coupe. Even the last Prelude. Problem is I can't see myself modding those cars...I'd have leave them stock. Naw, gotta mod.
well that depends on whether you can get another project car to work on right? for me i actaully wanna get a car and just be with it (as a beater)
Old 01-28-05, 04:52 PM
no2faber
Lead Lap

Used NSX!!! every time i see that car i just wished i had one. i would take that over an 05 G35 anyday.
Old 01-28-05, 06:03 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they look great
Attached Thumbnails 05 G35-g35.jpg  
Old 02-06-05, 12:40 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Default 05 G35

I found another dealership and decided to give them a try. Had a really nice salesman but he also tried to put Infiniti on eaqual footing with Lexus. He did until I whipped him into shape. I had him compare the fit and finish of the G35 with my sc. That shut him up. He tried calling my car old until said it was basically the same until 2000. I let him sit in my platinumsc SC and he couldn't help but be impressed. Anyway, on to the car. This time, I had a chance to drive the car. It was a blast. I didn't know it would be so quick. I put the pedal to the floor and was thrown backward. Mostly because I didn't expect it to have that much kick. It wasn't a big deal once I got used to it. Nonetheless, I was impressed with the speed, handling, acceleration, braking and it can be tossed around. Seeing it in broad daylight revealed just how many quality issues it has but still a nice car.
Old 02-06-05, 01:15 PM
ktiger
Pole Position

Wow, have times changed! I remember visiting the BMW and Mercedes forums a few years back and they were saying the same thing about our beloved Lexus then as we are saying about Infiniti today.

It didn't matter that Lexus was putting out a great product, it still wasn't a beemer or benz. I personally feel that Infiniti has turned the corner and if they can pay a little more attention to the interior details they will give the big 3 a run for their money.

We have become so pious lately and are in denial when it comes to other company's making outstanding vehicles. With the G, FX, QX, and now the M, I think in the next couple of years we will begin to see a classic battle take place between Infiniti and Lexus. If Infiniti come out with a new Q that is as good as the LS, it will take the battle to the next level.

All in all this makes it that much better for the consumer. I now have a real choice for my $55,000. I'm not at all interested in the G35, 3 series (not the M3), C-class or the IS (too small) but if I was going to buy one of these vehicles it would be the G35 without a second thought.

Quick Reply: 05 G35