Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Civic Si Concept

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-05, 08:49 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This looks like new RSX to me. It would seem logical don't you think?
I haven't heard anything about Integra replacement yet.
Old 02-10-05, 09:24 PM
videcormeum
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DC52E55
honestly, i dont mind paying over 20K if they ever bring the TYPE R to us!
I sure do.

Like wantAnewLex said - paying over 20 grand for something on an econo-chassis w/ FWD is kinda pointless. Plenty of other options out there for that money.

M.
Old 02-11-05, 04:51 AM
adidosc
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what's all the fuss about yellow fogs for? yellow is GOOD for fog!
Old 02-11-05, 08:03 AM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Arrow

Originally Posted by whipimpin
I sure do.

Like wantAnewLex said - paying over 20 grand for something on an econo-chassis w/ FWD is kinda pointless. Plenty of other options out there for that money.

M.
I finally figured out why they haven't/won't send us a Type-R: the car culture here is quite different from Europe or Japan.

In Europe and Japan most people who own Type-Rs, and other such performance models we lust over and don't get here, use them exclusively as weekend or track cars, not daily drivers. Excellent public transport systems see to that. That is why you see some imported Skylines here from the early '90s with only 30K or 50K on the clock.

Here, if someone bought a Type-R, it would probably be their only car and used as a daily driver. Combine that with traffic and generally poor roads and I doubt a Type-R with 80K miles on it would make for an attractive used option, or even worth keeping if purchased new. American style of driving and driving conditions would finish off Type-Rs well before their time.

And as for yellow fogs, I like them. Yellow fogs are not meant to penetrate and help YOU see better, they are meant to make you more visible to OTHER drivers. So I don't like the name "fogs"; they're really more of "anytime" lights when conditions are iffy (or not) and you just want to make sure you're seen.
Old 02-11-05, 10:52 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

The original gripe with the yellow fogs is that yellow under HID is a Lexus trademark to some.

They aren't really even effective fog lights. These are all cosmetic auxiliary lights just to make the car look more expensive. Most of these factory lights aren't even useful at illuminating anything.

I know mine aren't. I consider mine having the sole purpose of making the car look nicer. That's it. They don't really do anything else.
Old 02-11-05, 02:36 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CleanSC
The original gripe with the yellow fogs is that yellow under HID is a Lexus trademark to some.
Bingo, at night, there is nothing like seeing those yellow fogs coming, and its either a IS or GS (and an older ES). I love the Clublexus members that retrofit the yellow fogs to the Lexus without them, it really gives it a Lexus look.

Nothing disapoints me more than seeing yellow fogs at night, I look hard and its a yellow kit on some other car.

Its no big deal really, I just love the Lexus yellow fogs on Lexus.

This car is much more agressive than the last one and should help put the Civic back in tuners minds. 200hp and a 6 speed in a CIvic, who would have thought

Old 02-11-05, 04:39 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Yellow OEM foglights have been around long before Lexus did it. Even Honda had them back at least in the 80s. Now, the HID and yellow fogs lights might be sort of a Lexus first since back in 1997 when HIDs first came out in the US I don't think I've seen yellow fogs on the HID equiped cars (Lincoln Mark VIII at that time). As far as the yellow color, the factory yellow foglights in my sisters old 88 Prelude and my moms 92 ES300 look about the same color wise. I think the yellow foglights are more a European and Japanese standard thing. I know most of the early 90s Acura's in Japan all used yellow foglights in the inner headlight area.
Old 02-11-05, 04:49 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Yellow OEM foglights have been around long before Lexus did it. Even Honda had them back at least in the 80s. Now, the HID and yellow fogs lights might be sort of a Lexus first since back in 1997 when HIDs first came out in the US I don't think I've seen yellow fogs on the HID equiped cars (Lincoln Mark VIII at that time). As far as the yellow color, the factory yellow foglights in my sisters old 88 Prelude and my moms 92 ES300 look about the same color wise. I think the yellow foglights are more a European and Japanese standard thing. I know most of the early 90s Acura's in Japan all used yellow foglights in the inner headlight area.
I know. The old Honda Prelude has optional yellow fogs in the 80s. But Lexus made is popular and cool to have. People love this mod on other car forums, slapping yellow fogs on their car. Kind of how Benz made the turn signals on the sideview mirrors popular, people starting modding them, then the industry starting following suit.
We are not talking about the innter foglamps but yes, the old Acura Legend had it as the old E class. But those were placed next to the headlight.

Again, its no big deal. This is going to be the best Civic ever.

I drove a Mark VIII with the HIDs when it first came out (mahn did it look hot back in the day). Of course, one of them stopped working by the time I came back to the house.....

Old 02-11-05, 05:06 PM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I know. The old Honda Prelude has optional yellow fogs in the 80s. But Lexus made is popular and cool to have. People love this mod on other car forums, slapping yellow fogs on their car. Kind of how Benz made the turn signals on the sideview mirrors popular, people starting modding them, then the industry starting following suit.
We are not talking about the innter foglamps but yes, the old Acura Legend had it as the old E class. But those were placed next to the headlight.

Again, its no big deal. This is going to be the best Civic ever.

I drove a Mark VIII with the HIDs when it first came out (mahn did it look hot back in the day). Of course, one of them stopped working by the time I came back to the house.....
Don't get me wong. I love the contrast of yellow fogs and HIDs. I was just surprised about the comment about Lexus making it popular since I thought yellow fogs were the norm. I guess I'm a bit older (Not that old but in my 30s) and my older brother and all his friends used to always put yellow foglights in the lower airdam or under the bumper on whatever car they had back in his days in the late 70s/early 80s. To tell you the truth, when I started seeing cars with white driving auxilliary lights that caught me as something different since I wasn't used to white auxilliary lights except for those on the top of the roll bar on the trucks
Old 02-11-05, 09:52 PM
CP_Ree
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, I don't see how that car looks good cosmetically. These new car designers don't seem to have much style in their new cars. The front is decent looking but the rear is hideously round and odd shaped. It's nice that it's probably using the RSX TypeS motor, and getting an LSD but it needs cosmetic help.
Old 02-11-05, 10:07 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
Don't get me wong. I love the contrast of yellow fogs and HIDs. I was just surprised about the comment about Lexus making it popular since I thought yellow fogs were the norm. I guess I'm a bit older (Not that old but in my 30s) and my older brother and all his friends used to always put yellow foglights in the lower airdam or under the bumper on whatever car they had back in his days in the late 70s/early 80s. To tell you the truth, when I started seeing cars with white driving auxilliary lights that caught me as something different since I wasn't used to white auxilliary lights except for those on the top of the roll bar on the trucks

Is300 fogs retrofitted in a Scion Tc

Old 02-15-05, 05:47 AM
CleanSC
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX

Is300 fogs retrofitted in a Scion Tc
They are upside down.

They will only blind people that way since they are pointing up at your eyes.

People need to think about their actions more.
Old 02-15-05, 08:36 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

The current SI looks crap and this one isn't much better. The 99-00 Civic SI coupe was tons better.
Old 02-15-05, 10:42 AM
mkorsu
Zombie Slayer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

UGGGGHHHHH!!!! Looks like a Micro Machine Toy
Old 02-26-05, 05:53 PM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

Default Civic Si concept (looks sort of like the g35) 56K beware

Last edited by joshoowa; 02-26-05 at 05:53 PM. Reason: 56k beware

Quick Reply: Civic Si Concept