Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

C6 Z06 base price: $62500

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-05, 01:38 PM
TXSTYLE
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C6 Z06 base price: $62500

Here is the estimated base price according to C & D. Look at the performance #'s:
0-60 in 3.7, 0-100 in 7.7, 1/4 in 11.7 @127MPH!!!! Top Speed near 200!

That would easily (by a tremendous margain!) make this automobile the "Performance BARGAIN-BUY.... OF ALL TIME!!!"

Hmmmm?

Marcus - Is seriously reconsidering "immediate future spending habits & plans", for strong consideration of parking one of these in his garage! That would of course mean no F/I for my 350Z. But somehow...... this Z06 would probably make me forget all about F/I.

And being the patient man... I don't absolutely have to get this car when it hits dealers... Let the "initial hype" (and price gauging) dye down til say the Winter or possibly a year from now...

On a side note... my co-worker has just received a Black on Black loaded C6, and this car is MUCH improved over the C5.

Old 02-12-05, 01:39 PM
LexFather

If you can afford it and want a performance sports car, there is no reason to buy anything else. Ever.

Old 02-12-05, 02:16 PM
SecPole14
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
If you can afford it and want a performance sports car, there is no reason to buy anything else. Ever.

Porsche = losers

Beyond incredible. America is back.
Old 02-12-05, 02:52 PM
jet864
Lexus Champion

Reminder folks, this is not the official price, it is C&D's estimate. There is an extremely reliable source (i.e. 100% accuracy on other Z06 specifics) on a Corvette Forum that states the price will be $66k base and $73k fully loaded. I would put my bet on his price, and even then, that is a spectacular price.

The official price should be release by GM around April so keep your eyes open for it!

James
Old 02-12-05, 02:52 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Close, Mike. Yes and no....you're right on the dividing line.

If you want a dragster, for about the same money there is no question that the Z06 out-torques the Porsche Carrera and will take it 0-60, quarter-mile,and probably top speed as well. And, unlike a Porsche, it can be serviced ay any low-priced Chevy dealer.
But the Carrera, with its rear-engine, has less understeer, better feel in its steering and chassis, better balance during hard braking with shorter stopping distances, and, though the new ' Vette is much-improved in this area, at least a marginally higher-quality interior.
You also know as well as I do that the 62-63K list price will not hold up in the showroom. It will actually go out the door with at least an 8-10K dealer markup, putting its REAL price in the low 70's at least. That's just about what a Viper cost just a few years ago.
Old 02-12-05, 02:56 PM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by wantAnewLex

Porsche = losers

:
See my comments on 1SICKLEX's post.
Old 02-12-05, 03:21 PM
joshthorsc
Lexus Champion

The C6 is a bada** car!!! Now only if GM can bring back the camaro!!!
Old 02-12-05, 08:29 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mmarshall
See my comments on 1SICKLEX's post.
And excellent comments they were. For all those on this board that think Lexus is the king of luxury, let me assure you, Porsche is the king of sport.
Old 02-12-05, 10:25 PM
tetra7
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by genearch
No doubt that it's an amazing car.

But... I was just discussing this with a friend since we're both considering new coupes..He nailed it when he said "there is a certain stigma with Corvette owners" I tend to agree.

It takes a certain kind of person to drive a Corvette; I'm not sure I'm that person.
Does this mean I need to lose my hair, grow a beer gut and have a trophy wife?

Btw, don't they say that Porsche owners are typically the midlife crisis crowd?
Old 02-13-05, 03:03 AM
2ndchance
Pole Position

Originally Posted by doug_999
And excellent comments they were. For all those on this board that think Lexus is the king of luxury, let me assure you, Porsche is the king of sport.

Ferrari, anyone?
Old 02-13-05, 03:24 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I really want to see what this car will do around the Nurnburgring.
Lets see if it can beat the Porsches.
Old 02-13-05, 05:20 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by wantAnewLex

Porsche = losers

Beyond incredible. America is back.
Here we go again..................

I personally think the C6 Vette is an absolutely amazing car no question about that. However it isn't always about track numbers that make people buy one car over another. If everybody were like that, the world would be filled with boring and highly logical people.

There are so many other factors - mmarshal touched on those a bit, that come into play when buying a car. Is the Porsche for people going through a mid life crisis? I think the people that say this are the ones who can't afford one and are jealous of those who can.
Old 02-13-05, 06:18 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 225 Likes on 153 Posts

Z06 or 997S, they're both amazing. On looks & raw power I prefer the Z06, I've never been a fan of the classic 911 look ( kinda ugly duckling if you ask me,but the 993 & 997 are not bad to me) but I still think the Porsche is the more balanced & refined sports car, I also trust Porsche quality more. If money no object I'd still take the 997S, but I'd be very happy to have either of them.
Old 02-13-05, 06:21 AM
Hameed
EV ftw!!!

Received 311 Likes on 189 Posts

Originally Posted by SexySC
Z06 or 997S, they're both amazing. On looks & raw power I prefer the Z06, I've never been a fan of the classic 911 look ( kinda ugly duckling if you ask me,but the 993 & 997 are not bad to me)but I still think the Porsche is the more balanced & refined sports car, I also trust Porsche quality more. If money no object I'd still take the 997S, but I'd be very happy to have either of them.
Very well said!
Old 02-13-05, 06:23 AM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 2ndchance
Ferrari, anyone?
nope,
That's the Bentley/Rolls arena of luxury (high $). I'm comparing what people consider luxury today (Lexus) to what they consider sport (Porsche).

And regarding the midlife crisis - yep - I'm turning 40 in three years and the Porsche is on the list as a must have.

Quick Reply: C6 Z06 base price: $62500