Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

SC vs IS vs GS vs N/A Supra!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-05, 04:19 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by robloc93
Okay guys,I know we are always comparing our SC's against other makes but what about our brothers here This thread is not intended to make ClubLexus members revolt on each other but to see the benefits each model has.Im speaking of 2JZ powered cars here so sorry SC4/GS4 guys.Which vehicles are faster,handle better,get better MPG(not that I give a rats ***),look better(sure to start something).Im speaking of bone stock here as any vehicle can be made fast with the proper funds. I didn't know where to put this but since I own an SC I figured what the hell.
Also which vehicle responds better to mods?? Let the discussion begin

remember this is all in good fun
SC-big coupe, classic looks, rock solid interior, small on trunk space and mods are harder to come by. Also older tech but this car is built like a tank. Drives sporty stock, smaller than it is. 2nd fastest behind the IS. F/I is easy to add.
1GS, classic big body looks, interior has shown age, trunk is small, mods are even harder to come by.Same older tech but again the car is solidly built. More room than coupe obviously. Drives sporty but not as nimble as the other Lexus here. Also the slowest. F/I can be added.
2GS, Euro looks, still looks good, interior has aged well, the best of the bunch here, bigger trunk, bigger interior, sporter than the 1GS but not as sporty as the coupe. 3rd fastest behind the IS and coupe. Mods galore for this car, F/I is very tough. due to newer electronics. Newer tech
IS, smallest and lightest of the bunch, very thin (67" to the others 70") in width. Most adventerous interior but also the least Lexus like in materials. Never tech, more advanced sound system, HIDs, in dash CD. Escaine leather seats (SC seatsa re the best in this group) Mods galore and a 4-door Supra with F/I.

I would go with
1. 2GS300
2. IS 300
3. SC 300
4. 1GS300

The main reasons are the newer tech in the newer cars and I prefer sedans to coupes when performance is pretty equal.

Old 02-23-05, 05:24 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

haha this is some funny comparison, pretty interesting indeed. i will just throw in my 2 cents. first of all, up front, i have to say (since this thread probably got moved from the sc forum) that i am not really a fan of the sc3/4. just the look i am not really fan that's all. i have seen couple of nice ones that's all.

second, i will put all cars like stock. talking about modded cars that's like adding in 1 million and 1 variables and it's not going anywhere. so we will just stick with stock cars, no FI, no mods.

now if we talk about luxury, i would pick the gs300. it's comfortable, rear room is awesome, quiet, very family oriented. with the kind of options you can choose for the car it's just a damn nice luxury sedan with the 2jz engine.

if you go with speed, i could be wrong, but i think on the straight the supra would be the faster one, follwed by the sc?

in terms of handling, i think the is300 and the supra should be good. the handling of the is300 is just amazing, i am very surprised. and of course, the gs300 is all the way at the bottom, as a stock car i don't even know how to turn that car...

for the fun to drive factor, i think the supra and the is300 should be nice, plus they have the 5 speed option. the sc with manual would be nice too i suppose, but the interior i don't see as connected myself. again the gs300 would be at the bottom of the list.

so in overall, if i were to choose (bias between driving fun, luxury, and speed), i would have the following selection:

is300
sc300
supra
gs300