Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

I have finally crossed over to the dark side.

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 08:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by Iceman
It wouldn't seem like it would take THAT much time. Just drive the one that's at your house over to your parents' house...
or just tell me where in cali you are in. i can go visit and count the cars
Old 03-02-05, 09:02 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

in for pictures
Old 03-02-05, 09:08 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

it's a problem because everyone's so busy i rarely see my parents. Where they live, when i arrive, security for the community needs to call them to let them know i'm coming, NO EXCEPTIONS. In addition i do not have the garage clicker to my dad's garage (i dont think he trusts me)...sooo i need to find the time where my parents (dad) are there, then coordinate that to when i'm free, then drive 30 mins over. Not so simple....i wish it was.
Old 03-02-05, 09:12 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 226 Likes on 153 Posts

I hate to be the one to have to do this, but I think it's time for a credibility check. I'm not saying jracer's lying about owning all these cars and buying an ES as a beater, but I'd like a little "warm fuzzy" that it's for real. How about posting a picture standing in front of this stable of Benzes?
I wouldn't mind seeing pics, but I don't care either way, Bill Gates own all kinds of expensive cars, including rare exotics like Porsche 959, he still drives Lexus LS & SC's . . . . .
Old 03-03-05, 09:22 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

hey man, did you think this is the rural place back in the 40's or in some remote island? this is y2k-5 in the 5th largest economy system man. yeah. word! Where when a person's sick, he or she's gotta wait and arrange a later time frame, they call it "an appointment," with the doctor to take a looky.

when one's hungry he or she can operate a self-propelled vehicle that requires no animal or live stock, and drive to a centralized, commercial kitchen.

the desired meal is ordered through an electronic communication device, go through a path while the food is prepared with micro-particle-repulsion technology. and in a matter of just under 90 seconds, hot steaming food is presented to him/her with heat-preserve technology of wrapping!

just playing, man

I'll have to keep things in the proper perspective and be sympathetic for some of us who are leading the full life in capitalistic America. Time is an awfully precious commodity that is by no exaggeration a difficult unit to juggle with..
Old 03-03-05, 09:25 AM
tzu911
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by AmethySC
I wouldn't mind seeing pics, but I don't care either way, Bill Gates own all kinds of expensive cars, including rare exotics like Porsche 959, he still drives Lexus LS & SC's . . . . .

word, i can care less about the pix either. i rather believe in people's integrity. and when he or she tells a lie, i just say "booo you stink" and i walk away
Old 03-03-05, 12:38 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by AmethySC
well after all he needs a car that doesn't break right? i mean, with his salary (more than 1000 bucks a sec i think), he can't afford waiting for road side assistance
Old 03-03-05, 01:32 PM
Iceman
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jracerlmn
it's a problem because everyone's so busy i rarely see my parents. Where they live, when i arrive, security for the community needs to call them to let them know i'm coming, NO EXCEPTIONS. In addition i do not have the garage clicker to my dad's garage (i dont think he trusts me)...sooo i need to find the time where my parents (dad) are there, then coordinate that to when i'm free, then drive 30 mins over. Not so simple....i wish it was.
Okay, I understand. So I guess the Benzes are your dad's and the ES300 is yours?
Old 03-03-05, 05:46 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Okay, I understand. So I guess the Benzes are your dad's and the ES300 is yours?
LOL NO...these are MINE. ME. Mine. I paid for them. My own pocket, my money. My sweat, blood, tears, lack of sleep. My dad has his own toys he collects with my uncle. I dont even have close the money to play his game.

I just dont have enough for a big house. I do have two housemates who need to park in the garage as well. SOOO I only have one spot for myself.

Maybe i should've bought an new lexus or something. THen maybe i wouldn't catch half of this bull****.
Old 03-03-05, 06:12 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

I have my doubts, but you sound like a honest guy. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But with all this money why don't you spend that money or wise like buy a bigger house for your self and have a garage big enough instead of having to have 2 roommates. also if you don't mind me asking, is this your parents money that you inherited or is this hard earn money? if so what do your parents or yourself do for a living, i'm 21 and i'm no where near you.
Old 03-03-05, 06:26 PM
Technics
Lexus Champion

LOL NO...these are MINE. ME. Mine. I paid for them. My own pocket, my money. My sweat, blood, tears, lack of sleep. My dad has his own toys he collects with my uncle. I dont even have close the money to play his game.

I just dont have enough for a big house. I do have two housemates who need to park in the garage as well. SOOO I only have one spot for myself.

Maybe i should've bought an new lexus or something. THen maybe i wouldn't catch half of this bull****.

Hey what's up man. I helped you host some pics before. Hit me up if you need any help.

Congrats on the purchase and happy belated too!!!

Old 03-03-05, 06:44 PM
jracerlmn
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Jmai22
I have my doubts, but you sound like a honest guy. i'll give you the benefit of the doubt. But with all this money why don't you spend that money or wise like buy a bigger house for your self and have a garage big enough instead of having to have 2 roommates. also if you don't mind me asking, is this your parents money that you inherited or is this hard earn money? if so what do your parents or yourself do for a living, i'm 21 and i'm no where near you.
Houses cost a lot of money where i live. It's a nice house with a 3 car garage but there's also 3 of us living here. The two roommates are girls that cook, clean, and do my laundry etc. I dont charge them rent and they just do the stuff i hate doing.

beginning was inheritance from my grandfather, now it's all money i worked for. check your PM
Old 03-03-05, 06:53 PM
Jmai22
Lexus Fanatic

Houses cost a lot of money where i live. It's a nice house with a 3 car garage but there's also 3 of us living here. The two roommates are girls that cook, clean, and do my laundry etc. I dont charge them rent and they just do the stuff i hate doing.

beginning was inheritance from my grandfather, now it's all money i worked for. check your PM
got your pm bro. i understand now.

I know houses are expensive as hell out here, i use to live in Ranchos Palos Verdes but just moved to newport beach/Irvine area. here's a little example. i RENT a 2 bedroom townhome right now for about 1,700 a month.

The reason why i suggested/asked you about buying a house was because i think its a waste of money renting a house with a 3 car garage(assuming its a big place) and getting nothing in the end. with that much rent i would rather buy if you are able to. I would definetly buy if i had the downpayment right now.
Old 03-03-05, 07:28 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

nah, like i said man, if you wanna clear your name, just tell me where you are (socal or norcal) and i am more than happy to visit
Old 03-03-05, 07:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

man, do you wanna kick one of the housemate out and have me move in? i can cook

Quick Reply: I have finally crossed over to the dark side.