Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Porsche Panamera Official Thread (update-hybrid debuts)

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-08 | 07:24 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default porsche-panamera-entire-model-range-spied-together

CLICK : http://www.worldcarfans.com/9080310....spied-together

Last edited by Gojirra99; 06-30-08 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-10-08 | 07:31 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

As time has worn on, I feel like this car has gotten uglier and uglier. The initial spy shots and artists renditions weren't too bad but as the production version has taken shape...uhhh...
Old 03-10-08 | 10:32 AM
jwong77
Pole Position

Is the engine in the back of this thing? I agree its getting more hideous with every new spy shot. Like a mutated 911.
Old 06-30-08 | 06:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Default Porsche may add Panamera Targa and diesel models

Porsche may add Panamera Targa and diesel models

Posted on Saturday 28 June 2008

Next year around March Porsche will launch a diesel version of its Cayenne but the big SUV isn’t the only model from the sports carmaker destined to feature an efficient oil-burner. The upcoming Panamera sedan, due in early 2010, will also feature a diesel option, according to leaked information at a recent Porsche focus group in California.

The new Panamera diesel engine will likely be the same Audi-sourced 3.0L V6 turbodiesel set to debut in the Cayenne next year and will feature a similar 240hp (179kW) output as the SUV. With Porsche’s growing influence over the Volkswagen Group, the sports carmaker is also gaining greater access to the German giant’s parts bin, which includes a series of V8, V10 and even V12 diesel powertrains. However, anything bigger than the V6 diesel engine has so far been ruled out due to the extra weight these engines carry.

In addition to the diesel, Porsche will also use the Panamera to showcase its commitment to green motoring with the introduction of a hybrid model using another VW Group 3.6L V6 mated to a 110hp (82kW) electric motor. Porsche’s hybrid drive system will allow drivers to use any combination of the two powerplants, much like today’s Toyota Prius.

According to AutoWeek, Porsche also revealed plans for a new Panamera Targa model at the Californian focus group. Official renderings of the car were allegedly displayed depicting a three-panel targa roof on the new sedan. Such a model could provide some level of competition for Audi’s rival A7, which is also expected to be available in a four-door convertible format.
source
Old 06-30-08 | 06:40 AM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RX469

This could be a home run. Classy, Elegant and Fresh. This right here is PURE SEX!

these are years old....

the production car, unfortunately, is not going to look anything like this if the spy shots are indicators of anything.

I yearn for the Rapide.
Old 06-30-08 | 07:34 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Porsche should have just stopped at the Cayenne.
Old 06-30-08 | 07:35 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by JessePS
Porsche should have just stopped at the Cayenne.
I think they should stop producing the Cayenne period

... & produce the Panamera instead ...
Old 06-30-08 | 09:19 AM
JessePS
Lexus Test Driver
CL Folding 25,000

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

i would have liked the Panamera if it was more of a 2-door actual 2+2, going up against a MB CL or something.
Old 06-30-08 | 11:05 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

The Panamera is going to be pricey relative to the competition but the factors that have me eagerly awaiting it are:

1. The powertrains available, especially the higher mpg ones.
2. Porsche handling.
3. Porsche build quality.

I'll wait to see what I think of the looks but it will depend much, much more on what it is like to drive.
Old 06-30-08 | 11:51 AM
UDel
Lexus Fanatic

From the camo cars I am seeing this Panamera is looking awful. It looks like a big bloated station wagon. What is up with that rear end? Why couldn't they make it look like a normal sedan or a low swoopy sedan like a CLS instead of this grocery gettting station wagon,hatchback thing. Some of the earlier artist impressions looked pretty good like the silver one above but I can't see how it is going to resemble those cars looking at the real spy pics. I can't see how there is a good looking sedan in those camo spy pics, not one good angle from what I see. I hope I am wrong but I don't have high hopes for this car anymore.
Old 06-30-08 | 12:54 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by UDel
From the camo cars I am seeing this Panamera is looking awful. It looks like a big bloated station wagon. What is up with that rear end? Why couldn't they make it look like a normal sedan or a low swoopy sedan like a CLS instead of this grocery gettting station wagon,hatchback thing. Some of the earlier artist impressions looked pretty good like the silver one above but I can't see how it is going to resemble those cars looking at the real spy pics. I can't see how there is a good looking sedan in those camo spy pics, not one good angle from what I see. I hope I am wrong but I don't have high hopes for this car anymore.
Well, you currently do have the CLS and I have to believe the sales have slowed up after seeing what they spent, or didn't spend, on the refresh. And it will soon be joined by the A7, BMW 8, and even the Passat is getting a "it's a four door but looks like a coupe" model. Not saying this is looking like a classic beauty but the more headroom and ease of entry Porsche tries to build into something that is just a morphed 911, the more bulbous it is going to look. At least if you want a four door coupe, you have other places to shop. I still want to drive this one a lot when Porsche gets it here.
Old 06-30-08 | 01:41 PM
RocketGuy3
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Gojirra99

I agree completely.
Old 07-02-08 | 01:42 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

I am interested in the Targa model. How are they going to do that in a 4 door?
Old 07-02-08 | 02:01 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Richie
I am interested in the Targa model. How are they going to do that in a 4 door?
Without thinking about it too hard, my guess would be think of the 911 Cabrio in XXL.
Old 07-02-08 | 02:08 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by RON430
Without thinking about it too hard, my guess would be think of the 911 Cabrio in XXL.
That would make it a convertable, not a targa

Quick Reply: Porsche Panamera Official Thread (update-hybrid debuts)