Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

What do you say to people that call your Lexus a Toyota?

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-05, 09:36 PM
jtanoyo1
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll simply say "thanks" because:

1. We are the world's best selling automotive brand.
2. We are one of the top three tiers for the best quality and customer satisfaction for God knows how long.
3. Our asset is larger than the Big Three COMBINED.
4. We are set on taking over the world, so get used to calling out more Toyotas on the street.
5. And having said all that, what kind of POS are you driving today?
Old 03-03-05, 01:03 AM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like I care...
Old 03-03-05, 01:43 AM
CK6Speed
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I doesn't bother me at all. In fact, I want people to know that my Lexus is just a high end Toyota and that my Acura is just a high end Honda. I never bought into the whole marketing name thing in the US. I bought the cars I did because they are good cars not because of the badge on the trunk and grill. I'm matured enough where those sort of silly things don't bother me at all. I guessing that most of us would have bought the Lexus car we now own even if it was actually sold under Toyota. If it is a good car and you like it would you have passed it over because of the badge? What really bugs me more is when Lexus charges higher prices for the exact same part sold at Toyota for a cheaper price.
Old 03-03-05, 02:48 AM
BigVIPness
The Green Grundel

When someone says my car is just a gloirifed Toyota I just smile... then milkman them (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/190638) But seriously in the year and a half i've owned my car I think i've heard that said to me once when I was at school. Usually its just "nice lex" or "tight car" or "stop staring at my *****." Why is being a Toyota a bad thing?
Old 03-03-05, 08:09 AM
Milla...

I tell them lets go for a ride. Then I ask them if they know of any Toyotas that has an 8 cylinder besides the Land Crusier. Then I hit the throttle.

They've just been educated, end of story.
Old 03-03-05, 08:22 AM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by jtanoyo1
I'll simply say "thanks" because:

1. We are the world's best selling automotive brand.
2. We are one of the top three tiers for the best quality and customer satisfaction for God knows how long.
3. Our asset is larger than the Big Three COMBINED.
4. We are set on taking over the world, so get used to calling out more Toyotas on the street.
5. And having said all that, what kind of POS are you driving today?
Exactly.

Usually they are just haters that (NOTE) "ADMIRE" BMW, and Mercedes, and not even necessarily owners. Yet they still talk trash behind their ford's and chevy's.

But when it comes to Merc's and BMW owners, I let them talk trash, and wait till they have their ride towed to the dealership, and usually that doesn’t take long at all. Just like my friends brand new '04 E class with 5K on it, already towed 3 times
Then watch him beg for a ride in my 6 year old Lexus because the Mercs dealership is so full of cars in the shop they ran out of loaners. (what a surprise )

However, in all Honesty, it never bothers me, I know what I have, and I’m not going to change how I value it because of uneducated comments.

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 03-03-05 at 08:26 AM.
Old 03-03-05, 08:46 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IVXX
When someone says my car is just a gloirifed Toyota I just smile... then milkman them (http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/190638) But seriously in the year and a half i've owned my car I think i've heard that said to me once when I was at school. Usually its just "nice lex" or "tight car" or "stop staring at my *****." Why is being a Toyota a bad thing?
That may be some of the most disturbing stuff I've ever seen in that link. Definately NWS.
Old 03-03-05, 08:51 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

smile and walk away?

coz' that only means they don't know crap about cars, why would i care
Old 03-03-05, 09:21 AM
Vegassc400
Lexus Champion

F' em. I drive cars that I enjoy. I could care less about impressing someone else.
Old 03-03-05, 09:37 AM
lkirchner
Lead Lap

Cool

Originally Posted by GRAND_LS 4
Exactly.

Usually they are just haters that (NOTE) "ADMIRE" BMW, and Mercedes, and not even necessarily owners. Yet they still talk trash behind their ford's and chevy's.

But when it comes to Merc's and BMW owners, I let them talk trash, and wait till they have their ride towed to the dealership, and usually that doesn’t take long at all. Just like my friends brand new '04 E class with 5K on it, already towed 3 times
Then watch him beg for a ride in my 6 year old Lexus because the Mercs dealership is so full of cars in the shop they ran out of loaners. (what a surprise )

However, in all Honesty, it never bothers me, I know what I have, and I’m not going to change how I value it because of uneducated comments.
I'm probably one of the more "Mature" posters to this board (In age at least). These types of things have been going on since competing brands of cars have been made. I remember distinctly in my youth when Chevy, Ford and Mopar owners would be willing to take up pistols at 20 paces to defend their brands. Those who talk trash probably have too much time on their hands in the first place. However, I have found this board to embrace quite a few trash talkers in their own regard.

I own both Lexus and MB's and in the past have also owned BMW's. They all have their good and bad points. The MB's that I own have been as reliable as my presently owned Lexus. My SC 430 was another subject altogether. It is no longer with me and was "dumped" with 1,700 miles on it due to questionable quality issues. My wifes LS 430 is a great car but was not without some problems initially. None of these are without their own set of gremlins.

By the way, I never begged for the use of one of my MB's when the SC was at the dealer when they ran out of loaner cars, which happened more often than not.

Stick up for your brand and let's not knock what the other guy owns; it's all a matter of preference.
Old 03-03-05, 10:12 AM
Cadd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by magneto112
I just say, "And thats a bad thing??"

We had a 1999 RX300 at our Volvo Dealership on trade and the owner came by to see it. He really liked it, but said its just a Toyota. I told him and Volvo is just a Ford. Yeah, he didnt like that one bit.
OWNED
Old 03-03-05, 11:17 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 534 Likes on 283 Posts

I really don't mind it at all. At least they are educated enough not to call my car a Civic.
Old 03-03-05, 11:32 AM
TRD-bB
Pole Position

Originally Posted by flipside909
I really don't mind it at all. At least they are educated enough not to call my car a Civic.
agree, good for them for knowing the origin of my car.
And what is wrong with a Toyota? All I can say is sour grapes.

Flip, how much did you pay for your Euro Tails??
Old 03-03-05, 12:08 PM
bizzy928
Lexus Champion

I say thanks for the compliment
Old 03-03-05, 12:09 PM
KVA
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Hillbilly...

Moron...

Quick Reply: What do you say to people that call your Lexus a Toyota?