Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

Questions regarding ordering a new Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-05, 05:58 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions regarding ordering a new Lexus

I'm considering leasing a new Lexus GS and have some questions regarding options/option packages. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to Lexus so excuse the dumb question.

When I go to build my GS on the Lexus website it gives me a couple of predetermined option packages to choose from that seem to include either every or nearly every available option. Is there a way to order a Lexus with say the Navigation System & Mark Levinson sound, but not the other stuff I'm not interested in like Park Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, etc.?

Last edited by jwaters; 03-08-05 at 06:03 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 06:08 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

Hello and welcome to Club Lexus! Yes, you can order, but you would have to wait 3-4 months to get the car.
Old 03-08-05, 06:23 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus
Hello and welcome to Club Lexus! Yes, you can order, but you would have to wait 3-4 months to get the car.
Just like Longo Lexus says - you can special order it, but they are going to make you wait forever and try to convince you otherwise. The option packages are based on the region and will therefore change depending on what region you are in. It can be maddening - I know it was for me.
Old 03-08-05, 06:40 PM
jwaters
Pole Position

Originally Posted by doug_999
you can special order it, but they are going to make you wait forever and try to convince you otherwise. The option packages are based on the region and will therefore change depending on what region you are in. It can be maddening - I know it was for me.
I can order the car w/ exactly the equipment I want EVEN THOUGH option packages are determined by region or am I still restricted in terms of what I can/cannot get on my GS due to my location?

Sorry if I sound dense, but I just want to make sure I have this straight. I believe what you were saying was that typically option packages are determined by region, but if I special order I can get exactly what I want on my GS.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by jwaters; 03-08-05 at 06:52 PM.
Old 03-08-05, 06:42 PM
doug_999
Lexus Champion

You can have exactly what you want - but be prepared cause they are going to do everything to talk you out of it.
Old 03-08-05, 06:42 PM
AsianGirl007
Lexus Diva

jwaters,
please check your pm.
Old 03-08-05, 06:56 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Just order what you want. Be patient, 'cause when that baby comes in...
Old 03-08-05, 07:04 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jwaters
I'm considering leasing a new Lexus GS and have some questions regarding options/option packages. I'm a relative newbie when it comes to Lexus so excuse the dumb question.

When I go to build my GS on the Lexus website it gives me a couple of predetermined option packages to choose from that seem to include either every or nearly every available option. Is there a way to order a Lexus with say the Navigation System & Mark Levinson sound, but not the other stuff I'm not interested in like Park Assist, Dynamic Radar Cruise Control, etc.?
What they told youi Lexus and the dealers worked together to figure what GSs would sell in each region. For instace, the NorthEast has pretty much all the AWD GS 300s.
You can order it but of course the dealer would rather you buy off the lot. And if you do order, there is a slight worthwhile wait

Old 03-08-05, 09:36 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

and i would like to add, if you order a car, they might also charge you more for their "hassle", not really worth it imho
Old 03-08-05, 09:54 PM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
and i would like to add, if you order a car, they might also charge you more for their "hassle", not really worth it imho
That's the part that I don't get. If they have to order it, it means they don't have the car I want now, which means no sale for them. In order to make the sale, it is they that need to convince me to wait for the car which is MY inconvenience which THEY should have to compensate me. If they don't I can ask some other dealer to order for me. Dealers should be giving special discounts for customers willing to wait for specially ordered cars since they will be making an extra sale on a car they don't have anyway, they should reward the customer for willing to wait for the order instead of going to another dealer and/or another brand. Make sense ?
Old 03-09-05, 05:38 AM
jwaters
Pole Position

Really? That's disappointing to hear. I thought Lexus was known for their accomodating and pleasurable sales/dealership experience? I'm also considering the new Infiniti M35 and the salesperson said it would be fine for me to order exactly what I wanted. A few years back I ordered an Audi A4 w/ exactly the options I wanted and didn't have any problem w/ the ordering process or being given a fair price on the vehicle. I don't see why the dealership would care so much, unless their sales are slow and they are desperate to sell the vehicles on their lot which I can't see being the case w/ the new GS. Oh well, when the time comes maybe I'll email the internet or sales manager detailing exactly what I want and what I don't want and see what response I get.

Last edited by jwaters; 03-09-05 at 05:51 AM.
Old 03-09-05, 06:18 AM
mmarshall
Lexus Fanatic

Received 87 Likes on 86 Posts

Originally Posted by Longo Lexus

Maybe you will wait....maybe not. In 2001 when I bought my yellow IS300 I wanted it with the yellow paint but without certain option packages. I figured it would be a long wait, too....which I was prepared for......but it only ended up being 5 days. One matching my description was found inbound on a ship heading for New York and it was diverted south to my dealership...and presto....that was it.

So...have them do a THOROUGH computer search....maybe they will find one just for you. If not, just wait....it will be worth it.

By the way, welcome to Club Lexus. That is one of the best ways to join.....with a brand-new car.

Last edited by mmarshall; 03-09-05 at 06:22 AM.
Old 03-09-05, 08:46 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by jwaters
Really? That's disappointing to hear. I thought Lexus was known for their accomodating and pleasurable sales/dealership experience? I'm also considering the new Infiniti M35 and the salesperson said it would be fine for me to order exactly what I wanted. A few years back I ordered an Audi A4 w/ exactly the options I wanted and didn't have any problem w/ the ordering process or being given a fair price on the vehicle. I don't see why the dealership would care so much, unless their sales are slow and they are desperate to sell the vehicles on their lot which I can't see being the case w/ the new GS. Oh well, when the time comes maybe I'll email the internet or sales manager detailing exactly what I want and what I don't want and see what response I get.
well, in terms of custom order, i don't think lexus is too into that, coz' that will in some way jack up the production cost. when we were shopping for our sc430, we wanted to get the while on black combo. it's available as a choice on lexus.com, but there has never been one made and shipping here (at least the western coast).

i asked around, and all said that in order to get one, i will need to special order it, which means a 3 months wait easy, and then i have to pay msrp instead of the price i paid for white on saddle.

so that's the catch. one thing i want to "suggest" you is that most sales tell you they can do anything, you tell them to fly and they will tell you they can fly. but if you really sit down with them and start doing something very custom to your needs (especially in this case where it's something they don't have), you will start hearing a lot of things. you never know until you really go through the process
Old 03-09-05, 09:33 AM
Gojirra99
Super Moderator

Received 219 Likes on 147 Posts

well, in terms of custom order, i don't think lexus is too into that, coz' that will in some way jack up the production cost. when we were shopping for our sc430, we wanted to get the while on black combo. it's available as a choice on lexus.com, but there has never been one made and shipping here (at least the western coast).

i asked around, and all said that in order to get one, i will need to special order it, which means a 3 months wait easy, and then i have to pay msrp instead of the price i paid for white on saddle.
That really sucks with Lexus if it's really the case, & the white/black SC430 combo is NOT a custom order at all. If you're willing to wait 2-3 months for th car, the car doesn't even exist yet in Japan & I'm pretty sure the black interior is a very common choice compared to the other colors & should be readily available to install. The customer is forced to wait for a color combo that they advertized as available but yet isn't & is also made to paid more(MSRP) on top of the wait ? I can't buy that line of reasoning at all Total BS !!
Old 03-09-05, 10:06 AM
GS3Tek

Received 165 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by AmethySC
That really sucks with Lexus if it's really the case, & the white/black SC430 combo is NOT a custom order at all. If you're willing to wait 2-3 months for th car, the car doesn't even exist yet in Japan & I'm pretty sure the black interior is a very common choice compared to the other colors & should be readily available to install. The customer is forced to wait for a color combo that they advertised as available but yet isn't & is also made to paid more(MSRP) on top of the wait ? I can't buy that line of reasoning at all Total BS !!
Is there a smallllll fine print that describes all this hassle??? If not, then they shouldn't put this in their website. I agree amethysc, BS

Quick Reply: Questions regarding ordering a new Lexus